PDA

View Full Version : New Prelim 3 Day Test & whos' going to VA P3D?

JFS
Apr. 28, 2010, 10:52 PM
The new Preliminary 3 day test is now available. Here's the link http://useventing.com/resources/files/docs/Preliminary_Three_Day.pdf I think it should ride pretty nice. Time will tell. Definitely have to practice in the large arena. Glad to see that they have the stretch circle in it as my son's horse does that so well ;)

So what do the rest of you think?

Who else has entered the P 3 day at VA? Kevin's going to be doing his first P3D and is really excited. Thank goodness finals are over next week! But he is taking one class in summer session but it will just be beginning the week before.

Many thanks to Brian & Penny for offering the P3D so horses and riders can experience the 'Classic' Three Day!

Jackie

EventingChase
Apr. 29, 2010, 08:11 AM
I was glad to see the stretchy circle instead of that give the reins over x move... Yuck!

I wish I could go to VA but it just isn't in the cards for us yet. We are hoping to go to KY in October though....

Big thanks to all the organizers who put on these events for us.

gardenie
May. 4, 2010, 03:25 PM
I sent in an entry...

Moody Mare
May. 4, 2010, 03:49 PM
my daughter and her mare are entered.
so exciting...

Firefox
May. 4, 2010, 10:24 PM
We wil be there, sooooo glad that there is no reinback :) we seemed to have lost that for now :) hope that there is more than 5 of us this year!!!

Firefox
May. 6, 2010, 10:46 AM
bump!

gardenie
May. 6, 2010, 11:36 AM
http://www.vahorsetrials.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99:2010-spring-vht-stats&catid=37#Top

My entry isn't in there yet, so there's possibly more than one more, but its not looking like alot of P3D entrants...

Firefox
May. 6, 2010, 02:25 PM
Better than last year :)

BarnBrat
May. 6, 2010, 03:12 PM
With Gardenie's entry that will make 8! Not many, but indeed better than last year. Thanks to everyone who is supporting the long format where it really counts...with your entries! :) Please check out www.longformatclub.com for other ways to support the long format. Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter as well! Good luck to everyone, VHT is an awesome event! :)

ss3777
May. 6, 2010, 09:02 PM
Woohoo!!! Good luck to everyone!! You folks are my idols and why I try and help out with the Long Format Club any way I can. I look forward to reading all about your VA P3DE success stories.

Susan
LFC social networks coordinator
www.longformatclub.com

LFC.....Pass it on!!!

gardenie
May. 6, 2010, 09:59 PM
With my entry listed now, I get 9 entries as of this afternoon...much better now!

Firefox
May. 7, 2010, 01:52 PM
almost double!!!

gardenie
May. 12, 2010, 01:40 PM
Not too much longer now. Any extra bubble wrap available?

Moody Mare
May. 12, 2010, 03:38 PM
:-(

bubble wrap doesn't always help.

Firefox
May. 12, 2010, 09:15 PM
Lee is trying to give me grey hairs!! On sat lee was off in the right front for my dressage lesson, so we quit and took him by my vets and ultrasounded the leg, then jogged and he only took a couple of bad steps then fine, god knows what he did, but we gave me a couple of days off and back to work on Tuesday, did flat work and he felt fantastic, so things are still a go!!

gardenie
May. 13, 2010, 07:48 AM
Cindy...looking forward to seeing you...Lee isn't trying to give you grey hairs, HE IS giving you grey hairs. LOL. Hang in there.

CookiePony
May. 13, 2010, 01:07 PM
Fingers crossed for all the bubble-wrapped ponies!

Firefox
May. 13, 2010, 02:03 PM
Cindy...looking forward to seeing you...Lee isn't trying to give you grey hairs, HE IS giving you grey hairs. LOL. Hang in there.

You got that right!

Firefox
May. 13, 2010, 02:03 PM
looks like rain in the forecast lets all hope for some softer ground!!

JFS
May. 13, 2010, 07:59 PM
Is the ground hard there?

eventgroupie2
May. 13, 2010, 08:34 PM
Not any more. We have gotten quite a bit of rain in the past couple weeks (we live just 1 1/2 miles from the Horse Center) and they were aerating the course this morning on my way to work. More rain forecast for tomorrow, so I don't think the ground is going to be too hard - hopefully will be "just right" :lol: Hubby and I will be timing something for the Classic and then will move to our permanent posts in the outdoor and indoor stadium warm-ups. Please say Hi!!!

ss3777
May. 13, 2010, 09:16 PM
Sending "just right" weather vibes to VA!!!

Good luck you guys!!!!

LFC.........Pass it on

Susan
LFC social networks coordinator

Firefox
May. 15, 2010, 09:41 PM
I am so glad to hear about the rain there, we are really really hard here!!! Moody Mare, everthing allright, saw the bubble wrap comment!!

Moody Mare
May. 15, 2010, 10:19 PM
I am so glad to hear about the rain there, we are really really hard here!!! Moody Mare, everthing allright, saw the bubble wrap comment!!

No :-( Had to scratch my daughters horse today. Thank you for asking.

We are totally bummed about it. They did a lot of prep and planning to get to this, and then a stone bruise turned into a tiny abscess. 2 weeks off basically, and she's still not back 100%. So it will have to be another time.

We're bringing the training pony though!

Thanks again for asking. Hope you and your horse have a fabulous run there!!!

gardenie
May. 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
I have a sore throat, hoping that it doesn't turn any worse. Sorry Moody Mare. Bummer.

Firefox
May. 16, 2010, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Moody Mare;4865951]No :-( Had to scratch my daughters horse today. Thank you for asking.
QUOTE]
They all say that 90% of getting to a 3 day is getting there with a sound horse for the event. Better luck next time!! Did our last gallop today and her felt great!! just three more days till we ship down!

YIKES!

JFS
May. 16, 2010, 11:40 PM
Sorry about your daughter's horse Moody Mom. At least it happened before the event. My older son's horse decided to abscess the day of the jog at his first three day :( My younger son who is doing his first Prelim 3 day @ VA did his last gallop on Fri & we're still keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Did you see that Prelim 3 Day entries are getting those nifty hoof wraps? Now if they would only throw in those new air vests ;)

Jackie

JFS
May. 17, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oops, I meant Moody Mare, although I'm a moody mom sometimes too.

I was just on their website and it looks like they are down to 4 entries!! That's so sad ;(

I'm so grateful that they didn't cancel it.

Moody Mare
May. 17, 2010, 04:55 PM
Oops, I meant Moody Mare, although I'm a moody mom sometimes too.
I was just on their website and it looks like they are down to 4 entries!! That's so sad ;(
I'm so grateful that they didn't cancel it.

I counted 6 entries still. Still sad tho :-(

The name Moody Mare comes from an herbal supplement we briefly gave our mare when she was about 7 or 8, to calm the moody mare in her. LOL In retrospect, she never was that mare-ish. She was just being her 7 year old self at the time!

GO P3D's!!! Good luck to everyone.

CANTEREOIN
May. 17, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'll be there, representing the Long Format Club. We are sponsoring two prizes for the P3DE... nothing close to the cost of the vest but tried to make it nice, meaningful.. (stuff I would want to win).

Looking forward to being there! Kudos to all that are supporting the Long Format!

Suzanne

JFS
May. 17, 2010, 08:21 PM
I'm glad a missed a couple but 6 is still pretty pathetic. But the numbers don't affect the hard work and accomplishment of all those who have prepared for the competition. I wish the best of luck to them all.

BTW, we may be looking for another person in the vet box as one of our helpers can't come. It looks like Kevin will be the first one out. If anyone is available either pm me or look for us there.

Kevin just started a summer school class tonight that doesn't get out until 10 pm so he may be driving through the night to make it there in time. Originally I was going to do the jog when we thought dressage didn't start until noon. Maybe the prof will let him make it up the class, but it's a lab and the class is only 6 weeks long. We'll see, if ends up driving through the night and getting a couple hours of sleep; he'll be too tired to get stiff & tight in the dressage ;)

Jackie

gardenie
May. 17, 2010, 10:27 PM
You are not the only one looking for another helper in the vet box. I'm sure that it will all work out. Looking forward to getting up there. Sad that its down to six.

horseshoe56
May. 18, 2010, 02:55 PM
Several of us are coming up as spectators and we would love to see some of the endurance phase of the P3DE. Times weren't posted for x-country and I can't find a schedule...

Best of luck to everyone!!

Jammie

Moody Mare
May. 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
Several of us are coming up as spectators and we would love to see some of the endurance phase of the P3DE. Times weren't posted for x-country and I can't find a schedule...

Best of luck to everyone!!

Jammie

The omnibus reads Sat: Classic P3D Endurance - Phase A, 7:00am.
I imagine it will be then or close to that time.

eventgroupie2
May. 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hubby and I are starting Phase "A" at 7:30am - at least that is the last time we were given.