PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Rolex Dressage Judges!!!!

RunForIt
Apr. 28, 2010, 07:48 PM
In our need to cheer Allison for her wise, brave decision to wear an approved helmet in her lovely dressage test last week, we have not given a great big shout out to the judges...they MORE than gave the thumbs up to not worrying about "fashion" over "riding and judging the test" - imagine that?! :D

I THINK the following were the Rolex judges...PLEASE quickly correct me if I'm wrong. I've cut/pasted this from the USEA omnibus;
Marilyn Payne (USA), Christian Landolt (SWI), Ulrich Schmitz (USA)
Thank you all!!!!

hrsjmpr
Apr. 29, 2010, 08:44 AM
I agree! The only thing I was having trouble figuring out from the judges was what they were looking for in the 1/2 piroutte? There were lots of 3s, 4s, & 5s given fo that movement... I am not being critical, I am just trying to figure it out more for future knowledge.

FoxChaser
Apr. 29, 2010, 08:44 AM
My trainer is a dressage scribe for Rolex. I keep forgetting to ask her what was said in the booth (if anything) regarding Allison's attire. I'll find out :)

FairWeather
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:31 AM
I would imagine there was exactly zero discussion in the judges booth.

AzuWish
Apr. 29, 2010, 01:40 PM
I thought they did a great job too. I loved that they let Kelly Prather (is that who I'm thinking about?) stay in the arena and ride her test through even though her horse was just not having it. (I loved her big smile even more ... you just know she was heart broken! He is such a beautiful mover; I bet they would have scored highly if he hadn't freaked out)

Also, and I didn't realize this wasn't the case in years past since I'm a former show jumper and new to eventing, but apparently (according to my instructor) the dressage has just improved by leaps and bounds, and she was impressed how few freak-outs there were in the arena.

Kudos all the way around