PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: TBs at Rolex

subk
Apr. 28, 2010, 05:03 PM
I believe the 5 of the top 6 finishers at Rolex are all TBs and 4 of those off the track.

Thanks to caffeinated for sharing the following in another thread, be sure to check her link:

I wouldn't say they are "gone"...

TBs at Rolex (http://calabriarose.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/other-rolex-ex-racers-aka-the-ultimate-nerd-post/)

There were a couple I didn't include that were listed as TBs but I couldn't find any info on.

caffeinated
Apr. 28, 2010, 05:07 PM
aww thanks!

There were a couple listed in the program as TBs that are on USEF as Irish Sport Horses, and I may have missed a couple others here and there, but found a few fun tidbits I was excited about! :)

rideforthelaurels16
Apr. 28, 2010, 06:20 PM
I'm a big dork and I was also super interested in how many TBs made it to Rolex - going by the info I found, there were 29 Thoroughbreds (not including Arthur, who was listed as a TB but is an ISH), 5 half-TBs, and 19 warmbloods, crosses, and 'sporthorses' which may or may not be heavily TB. Of the pure TBs, 15 were US-bred, one was unknown, 3 were NZ, 3 were Australian, 3 were Irish-bred, 3 were English, and one was an Argentinian TB.
Yup, big dork here ;D

subk
Apr. 28, 2010, 06:35 PM
...and 19 warmbloods, crosses, and 'sporthorses' which may or may not be heavily TB...
Or even all TB.

The winner Cool Mountain listed as a British Sporthorse is by Primative Rising (TB) and out of "Ice Lolly" who I'm pretty sure is a TB. The FEI lists Ice Lolly is by "Ideiots Delight" and while I can't find a horse with that name, there is a TB Idiots Delight (GB) who sired an Icelolly (GB) with dates that work.

caffeinated
Apr. 28, 2010, 07:04 PM
Now that would make sense.... I had tried to find Ice Lolly but didn't try variations.... Silly me!

BeverlyAStrauss
Apr. 28, 2010, 08:22 PM
yay for TBs!!!!!

skip916
Apr. 28, 2010, 09:55 PM
which ones were off the track?

Drvmb1ggl3
Apr. 28, 2010, 09:55 PM
Or even all TB.

The winner Cool Mountain listed as a British Sporthorse is by Primative Rising (TB) and out of "Ice Lolly" who I'm pretty sure is a TB. The FEI lists Ice Lolly is by "Ideiots Delight" and while I can't find a horse with that name, there is a TB Idiots Delight (GB) who sired an Icelolly (GB) with dates that work.

It's Icelolly, one word. She is registered with Weatherbys in the NTR (non-TB register), as is Cool Mountain.