PDA

View Full Version : Equine Couture breeches...

Rollie Pollie
Apr. 28, 2010, 04:15 PM
Can anyone comment on how these breeches run? I won a gift card to an online store that carries them and I've always wanted to try a pair but have never seen them in stores. I'm a 26 (loose) or kids 16 in TS Trophy, and a 24/kids 16 in Ariat All Circuits. I'm just not sure whether to go 26 or 24. And if anyone is familiar with them, do you have opinions on the quality between the Heritage, Nottingham, and F3 models? Thanks so much! I never win anything so I'm pretty excited!

ponymom64
Apr. 28, 2010, 04:50 PM
My DD has a pair but I can't think of the style - I ordered a 24 for her, she's a 26 in TS and a 24 in Ariat. Pbly same size as you ;)

Rollie Pollie
Apr. 28, 2010, 04:55 PM
Okay thanks. How does she like them?

ponymom64
Apr. 28, 2010, 04:58 PM
She likes them a lot - they're very comfortable and just happen to be her "lucky" breeches, so worn A LOT during the show season. Unfortunately, they have a little pucker on the leg, so I fear they are not much longer for the show ring.

enjoytheride
Apr. 28, 2010, 05:08 PM
They fit like TS breeches but the material is different. I really enjoy the quality and I wear them to show. As an added bonus I got a pair that have pink plaid on the inside of my lower legs, it's covered by my boots when I'm dressed but it's a cute touch otherwise.

Lucassb
Apr. 28, 2010, 09:48 PM
I have a pair of the original F3 breeches and I love them. They run a little larger in the waist than my TS breeches, and I much prefer the elastic panel at the bottom of the leg to the velcro closures you find on other breeches. The ones I have are piped in blue on the pockets, kind of a nice touch I think. They have been my one of my favorite breeches for a while. I noticed they changed the styling recently (last year?) and haven't been able to find the piped ones again, but if you come across them, they're lovely.

LetsGoSteady
Apr. 28, 2010, 11:06 PM
I bought a different style from the ones you listed that was on closeout ("Geneva Schooling Breech) and while I liked that they were fun and fashionable for schooling, I did notice two drawbacks:

- Cut not right for me, waist was proper for size 30 but the butt was a little roomy. And I don't have a teeny butt :)

- They did shrink and now unfortunately the velcro doesn't meet around my leg. It hits me below the calf and I'm going to have to sew in an extra piece - wish I had option to buy 30L.

I think JPC makes EC? They also make TuffRider and a host of other labels. Sorry I can't tell you more about the exact breeches you are looking at ;)

Rollie Pollie
Apr. 29, 2010, 07:31 AM
I have a pair of the original F3 breeches and I love them. They run a little larger in the waist than my TS breeches, and I much prefer the elastic panel at the bottom of the leg to the velcro closures you find on other breeches. The ones I have are piped in blue on the pockets, kind of a nice touch I think. They have been my one of my favorite breeches for a while. I noticed they changed the styling recently (last year?) and haven't been able to find the piped ones again, but if you come across them, they're lovely.

Are these the ones you have: http://www.theequestriancorner.com/product/20-1002-110070? I like the look of those and these: http://www.theequestriancorner.com/product/20-1002-110121. It looks like they have brown piping on the pockets.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

vxf111
Apr. 29, 2010, 07:57 AM
Equine Couture is a JPC brand.

Lucassb
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:06 AM
Are these the ones you have: http://www.theequestriancorner.com/product/20-1002-110070? I like the look of those and these: http://www.theequestriancorner.com/product/20-1002-110121. It looks like they have brown piping on the pockets.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

The first ones you list (with either the blue or pink plaid panels) are the ones that I like. I bought a pair with brown piping after the others were disco'd... to be honest I didn't like them nearly as much.

*jumper*
Apr. 29, 2010, 12:39 PM
I have the Tuscany (http://www.equinenow.com/store-item-22159) breeches, which I like and don't like.

Pros:
-Love the rise...I prefer low rise breeches and these are a nice flattering cut.
-Durable. Not sure what the fabric is, but they are pretty hardy. I have a few pairs of breeches with pulls from hitting the corners of track trunks and stuff, and that definitely wouldn't harm these breeches.
-Nice enough to show in, subtle piping on the front pockets (another plus!).

Cons:
-Color. Online, they brownish, but this particular pair is definitely more of that greenish beige color. If you're not a fan of that hue I'd stay away from the Tuscany model.
-Material. While the durability is a plus, this stuff almost feels like nylon. It could be a little slippery on the wrong saddle. It's kinda thick and might deter those looking for a closer-contact material. The inside is almost abrasive, but not so much so that it's uncomfortable. This could also just be this particular "model" of pants.

Overall, quality stuff, but I'd try on a pair before buying!

upnover192
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:53 PM
I have the Tuscany (http://www.equinenow.com/store-item-22159) breeches, which I like and don't like.

Pros:
-Love the rise...I prefer low rise breeches and these are a nice flattering cut.
-Durable. Not sure what the fabric is, but they are pretty hardy. I have a few pairs of breeches with pulls from hitting the corners of track trunks and stuff, and that definitely wouldn't harm these breeches.
-Nice enough to show in, subtle piping on the front pockets (another plus!).

Cons:
-Color. Online, they brownish, but this particular pair is definitely more of that greenish beige color. If you're not a fan of that hue I'd stay away from the Tuscany model.
-Material. While the durability is a plus, this stuff almost feels like nylon. It could be a little slippery on the wrong saddle. It's kinda thick and might deter those looking for a closer-contact material. The inside is almost abrasive, but not so much so that it's uncomfortable. This could also just be this particular "model" of pants.

Overall, quality stuff, but I'd try on a pair before buying!

Yes, yes, and yes to everything *jumper* has just said! I have a pair of the Tuscanys and the ones with the pink piping/plaid on the lower leg. Love them both. Showed in both last week and this week. The biggest thing i DON"T like is that the bottoms have this kind of hard scratchy elastic on the bottom instead of a velcro (which I prefer). They dug into my ankles for quite a while.

As far as fit goes, I'm exactly an 28 in Ariats and my ECs are both 28s. They are a touch roomier in the hips but fit pretty similarly. I cannot for the life of me wear TS (i can't button the waist and it looks like i'm carrying a load in my pants).