PDA

View Full Version : Working Student Positions...recommendations?

fearless_intheirons
Apr. 28, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hey all!
New to the forum - first post..yay!!

I have been a working student for the past 2 years and have absolutely loved it. Now, the last position I was at did not go so well and I had to up and leave pretty quick. That being said, I am looking for a new position.
This last position started off well until we saw the "not-so-pretty" side of the person I was working for. Now, seeing as this is something we never would have known (and didn't until 2 months in), I am a bit iffy about going to work for someone I have no idea of who they are and what they're like. (lots of money was wasted in the coming home part...)

I need a live-in, work off board and lessons type place where I could bring my horse. I am just starting to do jumpers and eq's. I have lots of experience grooming hunters, jumpers and eventers, and am a very hard worker. (have a full resume with references prepared)
They do not need to be a strict "A" circuit or high-end barn, I just want to learn lots and go to a few shows (showing is not necessary but would be nice)! :)

Does anyone know of someone looking for a WS or someone who may consider one, even if they never have before? I am in contact with a few people right now, but like I said, I'd like to know what they're like. :)

I am in Canada and am willing to go to as far west as Alberta (maybe B.C.) and as far east as Quebec, including Southern Ontario. :)

Thanks everyone! You can PM me as well!!

KtDid
Apr. 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
I've been looking for working student positions on the yard and groom site. you can look in any country too! www.yardandgroom.com

good luck!

Ray
Apr. 28, 2010, 09:38 PM
are you willing to consider New England ?

fearless_intheirons
Apr. 29, 2010, 12:46 PM
As of right now I'd like to stay in Canada, but if it is the right situation then I would for sure look into it! :)