PDA

View Full Version : Vogel vs. Segio vs. Tucci boots

Maxwell1020
Apr. 28, 2010, 10:16 AM
Looking for new show boots, have always worn custom Vogels but have heard of lots of issues with them lately, Sergio's seem popular but I just saw a pair of Tucci (Hadfield's) that are beautiful... does anyone have any experience with these boots and are they happy with them??? Thanks!

ktm2007
Apr. 28, 2010, 11:05 AM
How common is your leg? If you have a pretty average sized leg (height and calf size) why not try the sergio's? I have never seen the tucci's, but I would try some of the nicer shelf boots if you can! I just got my third pair of custom vogels (I have a really long lower leg, so shelf boots don't work usually) and they were much harder to break in than my first two, AND I just had to send them back because the zipper broke (not the actual zipper, the material that is attached to the leather came apart from the leather, so I had a big hole). I bought a pair of ariat monaco's for the meantime since my other pair of vogels are not nice enough to show in anymore. The fit really nice, but the leather is super soft so they wont last for every day use. They are also almost two inches shorter than my customs, so when the drop they will be a tad too short.
Good luck with your boot search!

ImJumpin
Apr. 28, 2010, 11:06 AM
I love my Sergios. They broke in with ease and continue to look good. They are comfortable in the footbed, so much that I have to remind myself to take them off otherwise I'd leave them on and walk around with them all day. I was absolutely able to get a custom fit with their sizing options and they were helpful in working with the store I ordered through on what would and would not work. If they size I ordered did not work they were able to make a an actual custom boot for only a little bit more money. Luckily I did not have to go that route, but it was an option.

mustangtrailrider
Apr. 28, 2010, 04:09 PM
Just bought a pair of Sergios used. I loff them. I would get another pair if/when I need them. The price was cheaper than a pair of brand new half chaps! I loff my boots. I did have to get the zipper repaired, due to factory flaw!, but for $5 repair job, the boots were well worth it!

My boots are "broken in" already! Super soft!

hype
Apr. 28, 2010, 10:05 PM
There are some fantastic boots from Chile called Willson & Davidson. http://willsondavidson.com/theBoots.html They are fantastic, fully custom and run $900 with zippers and everything else you'd want in a custom boot.

Very durable and the leather is fantastic, breaks in with a ride or two. They are fairly quick in their turnaround-4-6 weeks to your door. You can pay more and rush it if you're in a hurry.

I've been quite impressed with these boots. About the same price as many of the off the shelf boots (Monacos etc) and fit much better and the leather isn't paper thin.

pinkme
Apr. 28, 2010, 11:04 PM
I love the look of the wilson & davidons boots! Esp the Buenos Aires Field Boot!

RosiePossy
Mar. 22, 2012, 02:32 PM
Looking for new show boots, have always worn custom Vogels but have heard of lots of issues with them lately, Sergio's seem popular but I just saw a pair of Tucci (Hadfield's) that are beautiful... does anyone have any experience with these boots and are they happy with them??? Thanks!

I own a pair of Tucci boots that I bought at Bahrs in Canada, I really love them, the leather is so soft and they are so comfy.

HorseLuvr
Mar. 22, 2012, 02:45 PM
I own a pair of Sergio's, but I only use them for showing about 1x a month. I absolutely love them! The leather is great and they are comfortable to wear. They are a great fit for me because my leg is very long and I have a very skinny calf.

lachevaline
Mar. 22, 2012, 02:45 PM
Am also drooling over the Wilson & Davidson's... must remember them the next time I have an extra 1K lying around!

brooksbaby
Mar. 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
I absolutely LOVE my Sergio's! I bought the semi-custom ones about 5 years ago and they are still in excellent condition, people compliment them all the time and they still look good as new. I did have to get the zippers replaced but that is to be expected with any boots!

RosiePossy
Apr. 2, 2012, 03:03 PM

I have a pair of Tucci boots and they fit me very nicely.It took about 10 days to break them in and now I can't live without them.

monalisa
Mar. 21, 2014, 06:20 AM
I just bought two pairs of the paddock boots - they are the only ones I can find to fit me. They are gorgeous and comfortable. I am hoping they hold up, as they are costly. But beautiful.

ElementFarm
Mar. 21, 2014, 08:26 AM
what imjumpin said.... the Sergios are wonderful boots. The size options offered give you a custom-fit boot with off-the-shelf price and waiting period. I find them to be very attractive and agreed that the footbed is quite comfortable. The zipper does dig into my heel a bit, but the leather quality is lovely. I wear mine 2-4 times/week Apr-Sept for lessons/schooling and mine still look practically new (2 yrs old at this point).