PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new improvements for the Indiana HT

bigbaytb
Apr. 28, 2010, 07:59 AM
I wanted to let you all know that there will be alot of new things for the IEA HT and T3D.

The dressage competition arenas have had footing improvements. The similiar felt type fibers that is found at Kentucky and other venues was added to the HHP's sand. The footing is incredible! The HHP (Hoosier Horse Park) was able to do this with the help of a fundraiser horse show last year! The jumping arenas have had improvements, especially with the BN/N stadium arena by having drainage issues fixed and footing added.

IEA has made a big investment in many new cross country jumps from Beginner Novice on up! Many of the fences are just beautiful and will make for a great experience! IEA has also purchased friendly new BN/N stadium jumps too!

The HHP has also been building a new 60 stall barn..but we're not sure if will be completed in time for the IEA HT/T3D though :sadsmile:.

Should be a fun year! I can't wait!:)

Hannahsmom
Apr. 28, 2010, 08:14 AM
The HHP has also been building a new 60 stall barn..but we're not sure if will be completed in time for the IEA HT/T3D though :sadsmile:.

From what I saw on the drawing, that barn will have REAL wash stalls and water spigots at more than just the ends. Luxury!

SR Rider
Apr. 28, 2010, 08:23 AM
Indiana events are always the best..well organized, good facilities and friendly!
Some of my best days are spent there for sure!

riderboy
Apr. 28, 2010, 10:37 AM
Great to hear! Got to get up there to school.

deltawave
Apr. 28, 2010, 01:39 PM
Yay! Can't wait. :)

MotherofanEventer
Apr. 28, 2010, 01:49 PM
That's awesome, my daughter will be there running her first training level and can't wait to see the changes - we really enjoyed IEA and Penny Oaks HT's there last year, always well run events!

enjoytheride
Apr. 28, 2010, 04:56 PM
They also replaced all the PVC racetrack fencing from around the stadium arenas. Those of you with OTTBs will be happy about this.

There is a schooling 3 phase on May 8th and then a schooling CT the day after for anyone who needs to get out and get some miles. The 3 phase has XC from starter level to Novice with a big XC course feel and small fences and the Sunday show is about as friendly as you can imagine and an excellent move up (they will have barrels and panels but the heights are usually below max and they let you continue after a refusual as long as you are safe) with the addition of extra schooling rounds.

bigbaytb
Apr. 28, 2010, 05:05 PM
They also replaced all the PVC racetrack fencing from around the stadium arenas. Those of you with OTTBs will be happy about this.

Really? I never heard of anyone having a problem with the PVC fencing affecting an OTTB's stadium round. Mine never cared. It was just plain FUGLY! What they have now looks great!

CookiePony
Apr. 28, 2010, 06:50 PM
I can't wait to see it-- will be at IEA volunteering for both the event and the Long Format Club!

enjoytheride
Apr. 28, 2010, 09:20 PM
We took an OTTB there last year just for dressage and she saw that fencing and got a bit fluffy near it. It was her first experience off the track and it looked an awful lot like a racing fence. She was fine in another ring with a wooden fence and at other places. People told us they had the same issue with new horses off the track and that fence.

pony grandma
Apr. 28, 2010, 11:21 PM
We are so LUCKY to have this horse park! Easy interstate access, lots of stabling, and now even more stalls since they can run several events at the same time, and multi disciplines too.

Where is the new barn located? Can't wait to see the many new improvements, esp the jumps - yes yes.

The Octoberfest show last fall to raise the money for the footing improvements was the best.

And so many friendly hoosiers :D

LAZ
Apr. 29, 2010, 10:11 AM
We are so LUCKY to have this horse park! Easy interstate access, lots of stabling, and now even more stalls since they can run several events at the same time, and multi disciplines too.

Where is the new barn located? Can't wait to see the many new improvements, esp the jumps - yes yes.

The Octoberfest show last fall to raise the money for the footing improvements was the best.

And so many friendly hoosiers :D

The new barn is at the south end of the area where everyone parks (the hookups on gravel), across the road from Barn A, looking directly out over what was the dressage competition ring for the PanAm games.

We're having work days May 1st and May 15th for anyone that wants to come help. You get our undying gratitude, lunch and a pass for a free schooling. :D

Mudroom
May. 17, 2010, 11:33 AM
I saw LAZ this weekend and she said entries in the T3D were light.

Please support the organizers that go to a huge extra effort to offer great long format programs like this.

Closing day is tomorrow. Why not consider upgrading from a regular HT division to the T3D?

If you can't compete, show your support by volunteering!