PDA

View Full Version : urgent need for a fuller childs show coat...

Mayaty02
Apr. 27, 2010, 05:38 PM
My 7 yr old daughter is going to her first show this weekend. I have been trying to find the "perfect" coat, or at least something that will work okay. Went to Dover, literally tried on every single coat they had and with their advice settled on one in a size 12 that was way too long in the sleeves but cut relatively short so it fits her decently everywhere else...or as best as we can get. Fast forward to today, I got back from the tailor where they chopped a ton off of the sleeves and now I don't like how the sleeves look. They look really wide at the wrist now presumably because they cut off so much length that it was no longer tapered. I told them I don't like it and they're going to work on it more, but net net, I'm not sure I'm going to like how it turns out.

So the problem is that truly she should be in a 10 not a 12 but though the 10s button, they are tight around the belly and bunch in the back. I would like to find a 10 plus or full that will give her that bit of extra room. They have what I think is the perfect coat on the Dover website but it is unavailable...here it is.
http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_X1-40473

SO can anyone help me find either THIS coat or recommend something else that is cut fuller, and quickly...since the show is Sunday :eek:

see u at x
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:10 PM
Can you call Saddlery Liquidators to see if they can order it for you? They did that for me a couple of years ago when I needed a new shirt quickly to wear for cubbing. It got there pretty fast and Mark was a huge help!

sarcam02
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:35 PM
Wellington Collection is made in Fla by a company called Caspian Casuals. The owner is christine screnci cscrenci@caspiancasuals.com she was incredibly responsive to me. I called and spoke to her directly and she rushed me a jacket (the one on the web site) . I don't have her number handy but you can search it. They are in west palm beach I think.

We conferenced in Dover, I paid for the jacket and she drop shipped it from Florida (assuming they have it in stock). I hope this helps. BTW - they are very nice quality.

Good luck

Mayaty02
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:41 PM
Wellington Collection is made in Fla by a company called Caspian Casuals. The owner is christine screnci cscrenci@caspiancasuals.com she was incredibly responsive to me. I called and spoke to her directly and she rushed me a jacket (the one on the web site) . I don't have her number handy but you can search it. They are in west palm beach I think.

We conferenced in Dover, I paid for the jacket and she drop shipped it from Florida (assuming they have it in stock). I hope this helps. BTW - they are very nice quality.

Good luck

wow awesome!! I will try to email her...thanks so much for the tip!

Mayaty02
Apr. 28, 2010, 03:32 PM
well I have to give major props to the Wellington Collection (Caspian Casuals). It appears that i will be receiving my Wellington 10 full on Friday! whoo hoo, thanks so much for giving me the contact info!

sarcam02
Apr. 28, 2010, 05:59 PM
Great to hear - she did the exact same thing for me. We keep outgrowing everything (height not width :):) at this point) Looks like we may need to start with womens jackets soon.