PDA

View Full Version : Rolex Shopping- So what did you get??

DLee
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:52 AM
After trying on nearly every helmet in the Horse Park I swear, I got a CO GR8 which came with a free CO helmet bag and some gloves!
One of the cool USA vests in blue with Kentucky 2010 across the bottom. :yes:
And that took care of the funds. :lol:

Anybody else? :)

FlightCheck
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:19 AM
3 prs breeches for $20 each (thank you VTO !)
1 girth for $20 (VTO)

1 pale blue Rolex windbreaker ($35)

4 shirts at the 2 for one sale on Sunday - 2 polo, 2 tee

Jazzy Lady
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:25 AM
Nothing! :( My friend was going to buy me a whip, but couldn't find a navy one... so I am still whipless.

tuppysmom
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:28 AM
Red Back paddock shoes. Sort of like Blundstones except they have a nice insole. Love them so far!

And we went to Tractor Supply in Paris and got 2 sets of interlocking stall mats. I am hoping that they will stay together better than the others.

It is an experiment. We have 15 stalls that have curly mats in them and there are no interlocking mats to be found anywhere close to home.

pinkdiamondracing
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:36 AM
Professional's Choice 9 pocket Ice Boots, for my racehorse, but nothing for my eventing horse.

lesson junkie
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:37 AM
I was freezing Thursday, so I got a Rolex vest (so no t-shirt this year), a pair of microfiber breeches from the Perri booth, 2 saddle pads, and a beautiful halter from Clever With Leather. My friend got a great purse from there, too.

Oh, and a print from the booth with the Victorian stuff. It's of a field hunter, by Wesley Dennis, from the Henry book, Album of Horses. I was thrilled to find it.

I didn't think it was as wonderful as usual-am I becoming jaded?

ddashaq
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
Girth and 2 saddle pads from VTO.

Frankly, I thought that the shopping sucked and was very disappointed by the amount of non-horsey garbage that was on offer. Hoping WEG will be better!

DLee
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:46 AM
And where was the Kentucky Ale booth??? :(

pegasusmom
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:48 AM
Rolex poloshirt for Mr. PM, and an absolutely DIVINE hat for dressage and cones!

Auburn
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:57 AM
I waited until Sunday to deal. Since I had to work the Area8 booth from 3-5pm, I was able to get a navy Steubben jumping saddle pad (50% off) and went for a Southern Stars five way breastplate and bridle (20% off). My colors are navy and yellow. The elastic on the breastplate is navy and yellow. Now, I have to get another set of rein stops to go on the reins.

Fortunately, yesterday, I got my check in the mail, so I can reimburse our account. :winkgrin:

I, too, thought that there were a lot less vendors. There were too many bling jewelry shops for my taste. :no: Tropical Rider has always had a booth, but I could not find them this year. Were they there?

HER
Apr. 27, 2010, 10:03 AM
Beautiful orange padded belt with a snaffle bit buckle from Clever with Leather. I could have easily bought two dog collars and a horse halter there if I was independently wealthy!
Cheap white full seat breeches.
Braiding thread and Burghley DVD at BOB.
Orange Rolex hooded zip sweatshirt during the buy 1 get 1 sale.
I also found my dream used saddle and I'm hoping it doesn't get sold while I'm trying to scheme up a way to pay for it!

hearthorse
Lot of gear for the new horse, since Heart's stuff looks pony sized on him.
Padded leather halter with name plate, Horseware of Ireland navy striped halter, rubber spur straps, Strap one on t shirt (the Courtney Kind Dye fund raiser), Recycle a Thoroughbred t shirt, a $3 Stubben braided brow band!, fantastically priced Stubben sale dressage bridle, and a 50% off Rambo New Market rain sheet.

I agree there seemed to be less vendors and too many fru fru old lady stuff. But I am glad there weren't more bc I bought too much anyways! Came home to a lame horse so instead of riding we played "dress up" with all his new stuff!

staceyk
First I did exercise SOME restraint...
I managed NOT to buy the terra cotta Mattes pad (it was all purpose rather than dressage, too risky).

My downfalls this year had to do with good sales folks...
--Outback waterproof hat for anticipated rain (never really materialized)
--Added Horse Journal to my already lengthy list of equine pub subscriptions
--Steadfast joint supp (money back guarantee for Rolex purchases)
-- Four Rolex shirts at the 2 for 1

Not completely awful, but still my cc took a hit.

Someone please tell me I'll be happy with the joint supp!

scubed
Apr. 27, 2010, 10:27 AM
Life is good dressage t-shirt as a gift
Joules Wellibobs in Navy and white polka dots for Florida next winter
some inexpensive jewelry for my nieces
2 $10 halters from VTO for the tack destroyer (Keebler)
Antares spray saddle soap

I still have my $75 gift certificate from working at the Bit of Britain Booth Sunday afternoon.

I also was less impressed with the shopping than I have been in the past. Thought the shopping was actually better at Maui last year where I bought a ton of stuff from a bunch of different vendors

LAZ
Apr. 27, 2010, 10:39 AM
I bought a bit that I've been wanting to try on a specific horse, a pair of Roeckel gloves (pretty much an annual purchase at Rolex), and some very pretty, sparkly totally girly Amber--a pair of earrings, a pendant, and a necklace. I hadn't bought myself any jewelry in years so I guess I was due to fall off the wagon!

eponacowgirl
Apr. 27, 2010, 11:13 AM
and some very pretty, sparkly totally girly Amber--a pair of earrings, a pendant, and a necklace.

And MAN was it gorgeous, LAZ!

I bought way too much stuff, but it was all things I needed.

I got a great deal on an RJ Classics coat from Wise Choice, and they also wore my bank account out because I got a skull cap from them since it came with the free gloves and hat bag.

I also got a new XC pad, spur straps, keepers, a New Vocations hoodie (my annual purchase- its always my first stop!), a new rain coat from VTO, some saddle pads for my coach, a pinkish padded belt from Perri's, two new dressage whips from Schneiders...

I'm a little bit broke now.

DLee
Apr. 27, 2010, 11:15 AM
Beautiful orange padded belt with a snaffle bit buckle from Clever with Leather. I could have easily bought two dog collars and a horse halter there if I was independently wealthy!

I only let myself walk through there once! Gorgeous things.

Rt66Kix
Apr. 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
Interesting to hear that others thought the shopping was below par as well.

I bought an Outback waterproof jacket and pants set, since I was outriding Saturday afternoon during the forecasted monsoon. Since the choices were school bus yellow, flaming red or a muted light olive, I got the olive. When combined with my plastic waterproof helmet cover, I looked like GI Joe Outrider. :eek: It was a bit warm, but the clouds were so threatening I'm glad I had it on. Thought about carrying it out on course and donning it if necessary, but I didn't see how I could put pants on when mounted. And since Thomas is 18 hh, remounting could have been interesting. :lol:

Bought a nice print and a Kentucky cookbook at Frame of Mind, and two coffee mugs at the KHP Gift Shop for my farm/critter sitters back home. A most restrained Rolex shopping experience for me!

Tazzie
Apr. 27, 2010, 12:12 PM
I bought a pair of black Blundstone paddock boots. Love them!

Then I bought an Ariat WEG waterproof jackets, it's cute & fits great & really is waterproof!

I was a good girl and stuck to my shopping list.

rideforthelaurels16
Apr. 27, 2010, 02:21 PM
OMG...just reading this thread is getting me all excited for event season and the big, beautiful BoB trailer! I WANT STUFF. Lots and lots of pretty, shiny STUFF.

QHEventr
Apr. 27, 2010, 03:03 PM
I too had to walk away from the amazing mattes pads on sale! there was a lovely (LOVELY!) A/P Mattes with blue and green roping......it was literally SCREAMING to me! had to almost sit on my hands to walk away........It would have been sooooooo beautiful on the baby horse in SJ!

I did find a phenom deal on Lami-Cell open fronts and ankle boots. set of 4 for $30! Found a beautiful set in light, light green, almost khaki......and a lovely pair of open fronts (since someone had pocketed ONE of the ankel boots) in a georgeous navy and khaki. SO excited! They were originally $50 for just open fronts.....how could I resist?

Also found a pair of Dubarry knock offs fron Wise Choice for cheap cheap cheap! LOVE them!!!!!! They are by Heels Down and are amazing! I wore them all weekend, no blisters, and zero break in time! I hear that they sold out by Friday afternoon!

I was dissapointed in the shopping this year. Not nearly enough tack stores, and way too many jewelry stores! I mean.....it should NOT be that hard to find a great deal on white schooling pads!

I did have to do a ton of walking away!

Johanna

Absolut Equestrian
Apr. 27, 2010, 03:34 PM
I agree there seemed to be less vendors and too many fru fru old lady stuff. !

Ditto! When I was walking around on Friday morning, I was thinking to myself that there were an awful lot of booths selling not necessarily horse related crap. I had to hunt around, but I am very proud of my Rolex deals this year. I bought:

2 pairs of schooling breeches (VTO)
2 NICE quilted square pads (VTO and Perri's)
Buttery soft, double stitched leather turnout halter (Perri's)
Cute pink and purple cotton lead rope
Argyle boot socks (VTO)

The grand total? $120 :D

eventerwannabe
Apr. 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
Wasn't VTO great? I got the 2 saddle pads for $20, 5 pairs of socks for $20 and a new girth for again $20. I also bought a new bit to try on my horse and he HATED it...luckily I didn't spend a lot of money on it:lol:. I also got a new dressage coat with beautiful silver piping for $90!!:eek: My mom gave me any early Xmas present of new Ariat half chaps.

ohhthatgirl
Apr. 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
I was freezing Thursday, so I got a Rolex vest (so no t-shirt this year), a pair of microfiber breeches from the Perri booth, 2 saddle pads, and a beautiful halter from Clever With Leather. My friend got a great purse from there, too.

Oh, and a print from the booth with the Victorian stuff. It's of a field hunter, by Wesley Dennis, from the Henry book, Album of Horses. I was thrilled to find it.

I didn't think it was as wonderful as usual-am I becoming jaded?

So, last year, I saw the most adorable padded leather dog collars (http://www.cleverwithleather.com/images/large/prod_paddeddogcollar.jpg) at Rolex. Loved them, but my dog (http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs363.snc3/23453_1275284958246_1113600518_31387285_3718017_n. jpg) was still a puppy, and I wanted to wait until she was grown to make that investment. Then I forgot the business name and its been driving me nuts ever since. Turns out Clever with Leather is it! Thank you so much! I'm so excited! Considering it my stay-at-home Rolex gift. :)

FRM
Apr. 27, 2010, 04:27 PM
So interesting to hear the comments from the shoppers at Rolex. As an "old-lady stuff, non-horsy crap" vendor who runs a full-time retail business, let me fill you in on a few things about the current state of retail.

For those of you who spend hours trolling through your local tack shops trying on the boots and the helmets and the breeches and then buying them online, how or why do you expect your local tack shops to survive? I can assure you that any tack shop whose doors are still open has stripped their inventory to the bone and with the exception of the very large businesses whose business models includes trade fairs at shows and events (Bit of Britain, etc), you aren't going to see bunches of shops ponying up all the costs of doing a trade fair and then offering huge amounts of cut-rate merchandise.

Don't expect to see any but the very largest at the WEG and if you see a bargain you better grab it. They were still going through the Rolex fair trying to sign up vendors last weekend and based upon the level of trade I wish them luck. With booth prices starting at $12,500 for the smallest and all the other expenses for a 2-week trade show (accomodations, food, employees, inventory...), well that's a lot of small ticket items if that's all you expect to spend.

Surviving in retail is not for sissies and we're not running charities. We're only going to order what we're pretty sure we're going to sell and if not to you then believe me we won't be back to try again. The glory days of an endless supply of "horsy" stuff ended when the recession hit deep for everyone.

TXnGA
Apr. 27, 2010, 06:01 PM
Many of the regular vendors at Rolex had decided to hold off havinga booth this year to do a booth at WEG. As a previous poster had stated, it is very very expensive to have a booth at WEG and some companies could not afford to do both financially and opted to do one over the other. So i'm sure that Rolex than went out and got a lot of business from other companies that aren't normal Rolex vendors to make up for the gaps.

Did ya'll notice how spacious the indoor vendors had it? Usually, they are packed in there tight. And they had a new vendor: Bridgestone...which I thought was a little odd.. but could be me.

As for shopping, I have to restrain myself every year, but did walk away with a new breast plate, clips, xc whip, WEG vest, and an airvest. Thought I would hold off until WEG to get anything else that i might "need"- :winkgrin:

asterix
Apr. 27, 2010, 06:12 PM
FRM, I think you have misunderstood the comments made here (and for what it's worth I was not there this year, but have been many years in the past); many of us look forward all year to going to Rolex and doing specifically horse-gear shopping....we may need a new vest, or a new helmet (my group has BOUGHT; not tried on and gone home, but bought on the spot, both of these items at Rolex), and this is our chance to try everything on and hopefully get a good price in the bargain.
And the horse vendors that do come often set out some nice deals on seconds, last-season's stuff, etc., which we all snap up like hotcakes.

The disappointment being expressed is not that retailers aren't running charities. It's that this venue is, for many of us, THE place to shop for gear. Things like jewelry or decorative items may attract the eye and be nice for a gift on our list, but it's not why we come to the trade fair. So if the trade fair was lighter on the types of very targeted shopping we have seen in previous years, yes, that's a disappointment for this crowd.

skip916
Apr. 27, 2010, 06:15 PM
- a crocodile padded halter from clever with leather- and it fits her perfectly! i LOVE that booth!
- $5 stubben noseband - find of the trip for sure
- stubben t-shirt
- $40 stubben stirrup leathers
- recycle a racehorse t-shirt
- BOGO rolex shirts for the horse sitter

the bridgestone booth was confusing to me but i'm glad they ponied up for a sponsorship. i too, was a tad disappointed at the shopping this year and didnt love all the strange sparkly accessory booths. but maybe thats what sells? there were DEF. not as many deals as in years past imo.

FRM
Apr. 27, 2010, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=asterix;4832157]FRM, I think you have misunderstood the comments made here (and for what it's worth I was not there this year, but have been many years in the past); many of us look forward all year to going to Rolex and doing specifically horse-gear shopping....we may need a new vest, or a new helmet (my group has BOUGHT; not tried on and gone home, but bought on the spot, both of these items at Rolex), and this is our chance to try everything on and hopefully get a good price in the bargain.
And the horse vendors that do come often set out some nice deals on seconds, last-season's stuff, etc., which we all snap up like hotcakes.

I totally understand but I guess the point I'm making is that even the tack shops maybe aren't sticking their necks out for trade fairs. If you count the vendors on the WEG site, there are fewer than there were last weekend and many of those will not be selling tack. And they are still trying to sign people up. I'm just saying that your tack shops are not yet buying so deeply that they've got a lot of inventory to put on sale just to move it. They may well be at the WEG but it's a lot to expect a tack shop that may specialize in an area to suddenly load up on stuff to appeal to sports they are not familiar with - can't see John Nunn loading up on reining gear but maybe he's got plans to do just that to keep sales going until his core customers show up a week or so later.

Rescue Pony
Apr. 27, 2010, 06:35 PM
My first Rolex....so I may have been a bit naughty!

Hit the Stubben section....new brow band, new reins, new cavasson....all in my cherry red! (like $25 total too!)

Worked at BOB on Friday.....with my gift cert I got:
-new AWESOME gloves (the ones that they say cannot
wear out....we will see!)
-a new bit for my horse (his is to small)
-cool T-shirt
-braiding bands

At VTO
-couple cool blue leather halters for the pony and my
sisters horse

At the RK3DE tent
-hit the 2 for 1 sale....got 2 T-shirts and 2 sweatshirts
(had to fight for them)

Also got a very cool new crop! Long enough to smack the TB without having to turn around yet not long enough to be a dressage whip!

All in all....didn't do as badly as I could have. Got my free smartpack baseball caps too!

rideforthelaurels16
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:42 PM
RescuePony - which gloves are those? Are they the SSG Digital ones? I remember when they debuted them last year - I tried them out at one of the tack vendors at MCTA and have been itching for a pair since!

peedin
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:22 PM
I said to my friend "where are the general horse supply booths? In the past there were several stores like the Golden Royal. Everything is now specialized and a lot of jewelry." That aside, I bought a pair of earrings, a solid hand lotion, 2 types of horse treats, a Rolex sweatshirt, a long-sleeve t-shirt from the Lexington Humane Society and a pair of black pimple gloves. And I ordered another round of supplements from SmartPak.

I also bought a pair of DuBarrys.....

And why did Bridgestone bring an Aston Martin Vantage if I couldn't sit in it?

joyful
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:34 PM
Over the top... Got a great deal on a horse trailer! It was a great price compared to what was quoted me at home... and yes, I drove to KY so now it's sitting in my driveway! Now I have to sell my old one.

LAZ
Apr. 27, 2010, 10:19 PM
Over the top... Got a great deal on a horse trailer! It was a great price compared to what was quoted me at home... and yes, I drove to KY so now it's sitting in my driveway! Now I have to sell my old one.

You win! That had to be the biggest amount of $$ spent. :D

Re: the distinct absence of horse gear booths--I suspect it is too expensive and not profitable enough for a lot of the tack stores, sadly...

Does anyone else here remember back in the day when there was the Oh! Kentucky tent? I really liked wandering through that bunch of vendors and buying something unique. I wish they'd set something like that up again.

allpurpose
Apr. 27, 2010, 10:30 PM
Life is good dressage t-shirt as a gift
Joules Wellibobs in Navy and white polka dots for Florida next winter
some inexpensive jewelry for my nieces
2 $10 halters from VTO for the tack destroyer (Keebler)
Antares spray saddle soap

I still have my $75 gift certificate from working at the Bit of Britain Booth Sunday afternoon.

I also was less impressed with the shopping than I have been in the past. Thought the shopping was actually better at Maui last year where I bought a ton of stuff from a bunch of different vendors

Hey Scubed...DD saw you on the TV during their in-store Sporthorse Saddlery Rolex party! Glad to see you over Margaritas! See ya in July...

I bought a present for soon-to-be 21 DD; a halter from Perri's for DD's OTTB; a pair of earrings from a Michigan-based jeweler; and a $15 girth (remember, the black jumping girths were cheaper!) from VTO. Liked looking at the outriders' horses almost as much as the competitors!

KateWooten
Apr. 27, 2010, 11:14 PM
by the way, who else didn't know that 'scubed' is pronounced 'S-cubed' ????

I got a new little RJ classics dressage coat, same as eponacowgirl's ... so now we will be perfectly matched in dressage as well as in Walmart. Mine was less of a bargain than eponacowgirl's (except that mine fits PERFECT !). New purple waffle saddle pad that I didn't need. BoB was ACE as always - and even had Purple electrical tape ! Squeeeeee ! And white gloves with skeletal pattern all over the back. Yummm... Nothing from VTO, but that's fine cos I maxed out with them last week online anyways.

And I got to meet Fleeceworks :) Luffly people. And Ecogold - fantastic product to play with and super-nice guy John to explain all about it. I had time while everyone else was watching the SJ to visit all the saddle manufacturers and discuss what/if/how they work with independent fitters, who I should call when someone wants one of their clients, how close their nearest rep is, how many leads would make it worth their while to visit our area .... (we are desperately short of tack shops and ways to see, try and buy saddles where I am.) I came away with a whole lot of new respect for some companies. And a whole lot less for others. Seriously guys, "Hi, I'm training as an independent saddle fitter, and would love it if you had a few minutes to show me your product line, and tell me a little about how you market them, and to whom...' <<whilst having already checked that you weren't busy with actual customers....>> does not equate to 'Please tell me I'm a closed-minded, dangerous idiot who has been on a 2-day intro course and thinks she's some kind of expert'. As I was told, to my face. Twice !

Carolinadreamin'
Apr. 27, 2010, 11:28 PM
Are they the SSG Digital ones? I remember when they debuted them last year - I tried them out at one of the tack vendors at MCTA and have been itching for a pair since!

Bought 'em at Rolex this year - am sick of my gloves wearing out so often. Rode in them today and loved them. We'll see how they hold up!

SaddleFitterVA
Apr. 28, 2010, 12:06 AM
Ah, the saddles. I nerded out, and since I am actually looking for a new jumping saddle, I spent almost all my shopping hours in saddle booths.

I had done a quick, standard tracing of my horse on Thursday right before I left.

I (as you can possibly tell from my screenname) used to be a saddle fitter...I know how to fit, and I know my horse is really wide.

I enjoyed nerding out over saddles designs and tree engineering, with those who had trees, I rolled my eyes mentally at those who "don't sell saddles based on tracings"..whatever, I wouldn't buy one based on tracings either, but it sure did help me eliminate a ton.

I rather enjoyed the digs from various saddle makers about other saddle brands. I adore the French calf on the Devacoux and CWDs. But, college tuition is looming, and so $4500-5000 was not a prudent decision. And, I do believe that when I'm ready to drop that kind of money, if I need "custom" sizing, I'll seriously be considering a Stackhouse. Until then, I chatted with the Black Country guys/gals and until I sell one of the Albions for some cash, I'll just reflock my current BC, it was nice to discuss what to change with someone who knew the saddle and didn't mind a set of tracings, and then when the Albion CC2 sells, I'll go ahead and order a different model BC that will work better for me and the horse. And then I'll be selling the BC XW Quantum X. Unless my mare has withers that come up enough to make a CWD fit without customizing the "open" tree. Because really, that saddle was the cat's meow on the fake horse. If I could try one that fits, that would be different, but the mare is too wide.

Oh, I bought an Outback raincoat and Dubarry boots and a Rolex jacket..some quilted thing.

Dramapony_misty
Apr. 28, 2010, 01:00 PM
I'm in the $20 girth and $10 saddle pads from VTO club! :) Awesome people. Also sat in a great Stackhouse Dressage saddle. *HEAVEN* I think I'm ruined now. I also fondled a new Tekna dressage bridle and set of open front boots. Totally synthetic but looks like leather at about 2 feet away. The one girl said it was a new line that they didn't have yet, but I took a Tekna flier and will be placing an order soon.

I also got fitted for a CO protective vest so I will be getting one of those soon too. YAY!!!

P.S. I WILL be getting Duberry boots sometime, but I am forcing myself to wait until my Riverboots (knock-offs) kick the bucket.

Zephyr
Apr. 28, 2010, 05:28 PM
I was thrilled to see VTO there this year!!! It was the only (non-food) booth I bought from.

--At long last, bought a Charles Owen helmet :) :)
--New show shirt (white short-sleeve)
--$25 beige Cotton Naturals breeches from the "dig-through" bins

And that's IT... still felt guilty!!

Rescue Pony
May. 2, 2010, 11:53 AM
RescuePony - which gloves are those? Are they the SSG Digital ones? I remember when they debuted them last year - I tried them out at one of the tack vendors at MCTA and have been itching for a pair since!

Sorry I didn't get back....had a benefit show yesterday...

Yes they are the SSG Digital ones....and they are AWESOME. I wore them yesterday.....always have issues at shows loosing my reins..probably cause they are clean. No issues yesterday!

SmallHerd
May. 3, 2010, 10:11 AM
I had a great time! Came home with WAY too much stuff.

Pair of breeches
Lots of Rolex shirts (2 for 1 sale)
New Ovation helmet
Grippy stirrup pads
KOC's autograph on my new yellow Rolex polo (I saw her after stadium, walking to her golf cart. All I had at the time was a green Sharpie and my purchases from the Rolex tent.)

AND A DOG. Yes, I adopted Argyle, the black pit mix from the Lexington Humane Society. He was there every day of Rolex with "Adopt Me" all over him. He is so cute and a great dog. HOWEVER, the LHS didn't mention to me that he is dog agressive. I have since found out that it is noted in his file that he should not go to a home with other dogs. They KNEW I was bringing him home to a house w/ 2 other dogs, and told me he would be just fine. Other than that, he is a GREAT dog - housebroken, crate trained, good on a leash, knows basic obedience, etc. But I can't deal with the dog agression. It's not fair to him or my other 2 dogs. What do to, what to do . . .

So yeah, it was an expensive weekend. :)

LOVE THIS SPORT
May. 3, 2010, 10:45 AM
Yes VTO was great... They had a new helmet that was really nice.

LessonLearned
May. 3, 2010, 05:54 PM
I, too, was disappointed with the shopping. Too much jewelry and other assorted fru-fru stuff for my tastes. I don't go to Rolex for jewelry. There should be too much other horsey stuff to buy!

My haul was rather restrained this year.

The beast got a friction free saddle pad. Very nice!

The canine children got collars from Crafty Leather (I would have splurged on a halter for the equine beastie but they didn't have a purple lined cob size).

New Treadstep Jump Pro gloves. They are quite nice!

Everyday saddle pad from BoB.

A new quilted Rolex jacket, sadly purchased full price on Friday because I was FREEZING!

Unfortunately, I came home with very few things I went to buy (thanks to the limited horsey selection), so new boots were purchased at the Tack Room in Camden this weekend and a new bridle is on tap when I find the right one!

tbsplease
May. 3, 2010, 08:51 PM
I had a pretty decent haul at Rolex this year, although NONE of the horse vendors had the particular Happy Mouth bit I wanted to get for cross country, so I was a little sad about that, but Dover has them for pretty cheap so I suppose I can't complain.
I ended up getting two of the $15 all purpose saddle pads from BoB, purple and red. Love them so far. Also got a pair of Nunn Finer hind leg XC boots from BoB, a Roma fleece half saddle pad (that I already had one of at home, but couldn't resist and bought another!) and the little rump checker pattern thingies. I love that store, I always spend way more than I intend to going in, but I was mostly restrained this year.
I got a $15 pair of reins from Stubben to match my poor reinless Vespucci figure 8. So hard to find matching reins in their light havana color!
Bought a nice Rolex coat, also unfortunately purchased at full price on Friday to try to keep me dry and warm! I wasn't quite brave enough to go to the 2 for 1 sale on Sunday, figured it'd be a madhouse.
I droooooled over the Prestige and Devoucoux saddles all weekend, but my trusty Collegiate is still holding up so I had to resist :p

Overall, I didn't spend as much as in past years. Whether that was due to actually trying to be responsible with my money for once, or the amount of horse things available, can't say for sure. :D

LARGEBORE
May. 4, 2010, 07:51 AM
The only brandie new item I bought was one of the Ovation helmets, the rest of my haul was off-price tack and a nice warm waterproof jacket.

SR Rider
May. 4, 2010, 09:34 AM
I don't have my pony anymore so I went for the fru-fru. I bought after much consideration, a great ceramic horse with a wire mane and tail to set on my mantle. I think the store was Once Upon a Horse.

Retail is a tough business. My best friend is a retailer, and lucky to be "alive" in this economy. I try to buy as much as I can from local stores and avoid online purchases. Otherwise someday that is the only place we can buy....and I like to touch and feel!

Thanks to all the vendors who come to Rolex!

SaddleFitterVA
May. 4, 2010, 01:42 PM
I stopped by their booth at Rolex, and had called them before. I was supposed to send an email to request they bring a jumping saddle for me to try at the Morven Park dressage show.

I forgot to email, but they remembered to put those jumping saddles in the trailer!

I only bought clothes this weekend, and am probably going to wait a few more months on a new jumping saddle, since I hope my horse changes a bit...to the more narrow. But, I always enjoy their booth at the shows near me, and they usually something that I need or want, or is a great deal.

Thanks!

DLee
May. 4, 2010, 03:33 PM
I loved the 'foxhunty' booth (cannot remember the name!), they had all sorts of cool stuff. But I'd spent the wad on a helmet. :(

Hounds
May. 4, 2010, 05:30 PM
Man, I wish I'd gotten to the VTO booth! I need a girth in the worst way. On the other hand ... I got a new raincoat, a striped fleece throw, a pair of Ariat gloves from my local tack shop (Mickler's), and a bunch of new brushes. Nothing fancy, but all useful.

SO GLAD to hear how many of you liked Clever with Leather! Claire is amazing and does great work--we're getting ready to buy three of the padded dog collars from her.

retreadeventer
May. 5, 2010, 06:51 PM
Wow what great stuff, I keep looking it all up on the internet and going, "yeah, that looks good, yeah, that looks like a neat thing," I am actually going to try those stirrups - by the way I am going to Bartville tomorrow if anyone needs anything you must PM tonight or I won't get it in time. I can look at something for you or buy it for you if you know what you want.

RunForIt
May. 5, 2010, 07:01 PM
My Rolex buy was was the online feed - LOVE IT!!!!! :D :cool: