PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast - May

doublesstable
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:35 PM
Anyone going to the LAEC Gold Coast show May 21 -23???

I am planning my first outing with one of my horses.... I hope he stays sound and wants to go too.....

two sticks
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:42 PM
I am possibly going to photograph if I get enough interest to make the trip worth it. :)

Fun Size
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:45 PM
I will be there to cheerlead! My barn always goes but I am doing the whole Camelot series this year so it isn't in my budget :D

3 is the limit
Apr. 27, 2010, 06:05 PM
If one of the gals in my barn gets a new horse, we'll be there. We are always at Camelot tho....

KristieBee
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:57 PM
I am possibly going to photograph if I get enough interest to make the trip worth it. :)

goodness if i was showing i'd be interested. i'm doing a clinic that month so can't afford to do both. but someone needs to give accustomphoto a run for their money. every show i did last year I was so disappointed with the photos they posted. it seemed like they deliberately picked the worst angles, backgrounds and moments to shoot. :mad:

doublesstable
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:07 PM
I wanted to do the Linda Allen clinic that weekend... but my trainer is taking a few other students to the LAEC show... So I will give it a try.

The best part of a show it the PICTURES!

Sounds like the Camelot show is the thing to do?

Chef Jade
Apr. 28, 2010, 07:20 PM
I'd love to go but the schedule sucks for me. :( There are NO jumping classes on Saturday for my baby that I am also elidgible for.

I have already resigned myself to not taking the baby to a show until he is ready for the Low A/O hunters. :sigh:

I may be at LAEC the following week for the Memorial Day Classic.

And AC Custom Photo does suck, but their prices are reasonable. You get what you pay for, I guess! Though you can't go wrong with Two Sticks, she takes some great photos!!

two sticks
Apr. 29, 2010, 01:45 AM
I'd love to go but the schedule sucks for me. :( There are NO jumping classes on Saturday for my baby that I am also elidgible for.

I have already resigned myself to not taking the baby to a show until he is ready for the Low A/O hunters. :sigh:

I may be at LAEC the following week for the Memorial Day Classic.

And AC Custom Photo does suck, but their prices are reasonable. You get what you pay for, I guess! Though you can't go wrong with Two Sticks, she takes some great photos!!

Thank you! You and your lovely mare were excellent subjects. Let me know when you will be making the debut with the baby, I would love to see him!

Roo
Apr. 29, 2010, 10:54 AM
I'll be there. I'm doing the eq and adult medals on Saturday. The Gold Coasts are fun and I love the no braiding rule.

doublesstable
Apr. 29, 2010, 11:03 AM
I'll be there. I'm doing the eq and adult medals on Saturday. The Gold Coasts are fun and I love the no braiding rule.

Really??? no braiding??? Well that will save some trouble.. :cool:

I'll be there Sat and Sun. Maybe even Friday.. depending on if I enter the Low Hunters.

Will you be staying overnight?

Roo
Apr. 29, 2010, 01:00 PM
I live in Agoura Hills so I don't have to worry about hotel expenses - another plus for the Gold Coast shows.

Hope to see you there Doublesstable!

KristieBee
Apr. 29, 2010, 01:05 PM
I wanted to do the Linda Allen clinic that weekend... but my trainer is taking a few other students to the LAEC show... So I will give it a try.

The best part of a show it the PICTURES!

Sounds like the Camelot show is the thing to do?

the camelot series is awesome. :) we did a lot of those shows last year. laid back, yet run well with really decent competition. a fun day with a supportive crowd that seems to be exactly what many people are nostalgic for these days.

and i agree, getting photos after a show is such fun. hence the double disappointment last year re: accustomphoto. re prices, they may be cheap but it doesn't matter. who wants a photo taken at the wrong time, at a bad angle, over the least attractive jump on the course, against the worst possible background? lol it's almost comical. and they're the only game in town. at one show we chatted with one of their photogs - i dont think he'd ever been at a show in his life. sweet kid but i think he's spent way more time at the beach than the barn...on surfboards not horses.

sara, there's definitely a market to be had! ;)

KristieBee
Apr. 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
sorry for being so off topic!!!

the Gold Coast shows are a lot of fun, I hope to see you guys there at one later this season! Good luck to everyone showing! :) Hope you'll post an update after as to how it goes!