PDA

View Full Version : Rolex Perpetual Trophies

jane20008
Apr. 26, 2010, 06:36 PM
Where can I find the criteria for the Rolex perpetual trophies? Bank One Trophy? Coman Trophy? Zeppa International?

nomeolvides
Apr. 26, 2010, 06:57 PM
It would be nice if there was short explanation under each trophy, like on the Badminton site. At the moment it's like "yay you won the ---- trophy... what was that one for?"

peedin
Apr. 26, 2010, 07:32 PM
The program for Rolex lists the awards and criteria. Some are objective, like the Bank One Perpetual Trophy which is awarded to the highest-placed rider who is also the sole owner of the horse. Some are subjective, like the Zeppa International Trophy, which is presented to the horse and rider combination determined by the Ground Jury to have made the best presentation in the first and third horse inspection. Coman Perpetual Trophy is awarded to the breeder of the winning horse.

Lori B
Apr. 26, 2010, 07:44 PM
And this information should be ON THE WEBSITE, not just in the program.

Agree w/ OP. Grrr.

kschling
Apr. 26, 2010, 08:45 PM
What did Boyd win? In his blog he said he got the blue ribbon and $25,000. (riding Neville in Stadium)

jane20008
Apr. 27, 2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks Peedin!

And I agree, it would be nice if the webpage included a brief statement about the award...and maybe even a sentence on its namesake. I'm only aware of the history behind the Reeves trophy.

Thanks again !

VColeman
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:28 AM
Actually, in Boyd's blog he says he won a fourth place ribbon....
"Neville never thought of touching a rail and cruised around, earning himself $25,000 and a fourth-place ribbon."

The Carimati is awarded to the highest placed foreign rider (William).
There is also an award for the Best-Conditioned Horse which was awarded to Port Authority.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:32 AM
Then Boyd must have corrected his blog. :yes: because yesterday it def. said "first place ribbon" because i was wondering the same thing.

:)

VColeman
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:38 AM
I was a bit worried if he had received a blue ribbon as it is my crew that puts those ribbons on. (All 33 of them this year!)

I am very glad he had a good show!

SparklePlenty
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:44 AM
I was a bit worried if he had received a blue ribbon as it is my crew that puts those ribbons on. (All 33 of them this year!)

I am very glad he had a good show!

I'm sure it was a wishful thinking typo... ;)

Doodle
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:24 AM
The Zeppa International was for Best Turned Out at the horse inspections.
Pawlow won it!

SparklePlenty
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:43 AM
2010 ROLEX KENTUCKY THREE-DAY EVENT
CCI****
Rolex Trophy
William Fox-Pitt/Cool Mountain (GRB)

USET Foundation Pinnacle Cup
Phillip Dutton/Woodburn

Coman Trophy
Mrs. Jane Pilkington (GBR)

Carimati Cup
William Fox-Pitt (GBR)

Reeves Trophy
No Young Rider entry in 2010

Bank One Trophy
Laine Ashker/Anthony Patch (VA)

Zeppa International Trophy
Will Faudree/Pawlow (NC)

Best Conditioned Horse
Port Authority/Stephanie Rhodes-Bosch (CAN)

KSevnter
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:56 AM
From the Omnibus:

Trophies: Rolex Trophy-Winner. Coman Trophy-Breeder of Winning Horse. USET Foundation Pinnacle Cup-Highest placed US Rider. Carimati Cup-Highest placed Foreign Rider. Bank One Trophy-Highest placed Rider/ Owner. Reeves Trophy-Highest placed Young Rider. Zeppa International Trophy-Best Turned-Out Pair at Horse Inspections. Best Conditioned Horse Trophy. 2nd & 3rd place. Completion mementos to all who complete the competition.