PDA

View Full Version : Liverpools...regulations?

LudgerFan
Apr. 26, 2010, 04:39 PM
Anyone know the horse show regulations for liverpools? I can find open water specs in the rule book, but for some reason can't find liverpools. Help much appreciated.

Lucassb
Apr. 26, 2010, 04:56 PM
There *are* specific rules regarding liverpools, but they vary depending on where they are used - for example, in the young jumper classes, I believe the five year olds have to have a rail over the middle, (and they can't be used in combinations.) In the older young jumper events, I seem to recall that they can be used in a combination, but the liverpool has to be the first element, not the second.

There is also a rule about how they can be used in schooling...

If you can narrow it down a bit to which class or level you want to know about, it will be easier to find the correct rule for you.

SkipChange
Apr. 26, 2010, 05:02 PM
Not sure if this is quite what you were looking for, but...

Schooling rules

16. If a liverpool is supplied and used at a vertical, the front of the liverpool may not be behind the front plane of the jump. Also, the back of the liverpool may not exceed the front plane of the jump. If used at an oxer, the front of the liverpool may not be more than 1 m (3’3”) in front of the jump.

For YJC it varies based on age
5yo
(3) when using a vertical over any liverpool, the rails must be in the center;
(4) no liverpool may be used as part of a combination;

6yo
(2) water jumps may not exceed 11’ (3.30m) and should be in the second half of the
course, and another obstacle must be offered as an option;
(3) no liverpool may be used as part of a combination.

7/8yo
(1) If a Liverpools is used in a combination, it may only be used as the first element;
and
(2) water jumps may not exceed 12’ (3.60m).

If you open up the rule book online and use the key command "Ctrl + F" you can search for a word on the page.

LudgerFan
Apr. 26, 2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys. I meant more it more as a construction question...kind of like maximum curb height and dimensions, etc. Any help in that regard?