PDA

View Full Version : Time to SELL!

katjumpr9
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:25 AM
So i need advice on good sales sights to advertise. Ive been having a lot of trouble getting responses for on an absolute dream horse... I dont think its the market anymore, I think its the advertisement!

Ive been out of the loop for a little while. Anyone have any good sales sights they have had luck with? Im on dreamhorse, equine, and USEA.

Any suggestions, PLEASE!

rideforthelaurels16
Apr. 26, 2010, 02:09 PM
Have you advertised on your Area's website? I know that I personally check that first when I'm browsing.

katjumpr9
Apr. 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
Im on it! Thanks for the tip!!

actcasual
Apr. 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
Not sure what your stabling situation is, but just a reminder that word of mouth is always helpful for those nice, appealing horses. If there's someone teaching in your barn or in your area, make sure they know your horse is for sale.

AEM74
Apr. 26, 2010, 04:24 PM
If your horse is showing make up an attractive sales flier and affix it to the front of his/her stall. You can also hang some on a bulletin board near the restrooms/common areas if there's one available. You can list your class schedule on the flier in case people would like to come see him go.

KatherineC
Apr. 26, 2010, 04:27 PM
If he has a performance record state that in the ad. It is one of the few facts about a horse that you can verify 100%.

GotSpots
Apr. 26, 2010, 05:04 PM
If your horse is showing make up an attractive sales flier and affix it to the front of his/her stall. You can also hang some on a bulletin board near the restrooms/common areas if there's one available. You can list your class schedule on the flier in case people would like to come see him go. Hang it INSIDE the portapottys. Don't laugh - I suspect more horses get sold that way because you know at least that folks can't help but read them.

USEA has classifieds - I've bought/sold a couple off of them and they aren't very expensive.

eventingismylife
Apr. 26, 2010, 07:24 PM
If this horse would make a good upper level PC mount, look up your area's PC clubs and put an ad on their club's site. Also put it on the ponyclub.org.
I agree with inside portapotties, you cant help but read something that is right infornt of you.

katjumpr9
Apr. 26, 2010, 09:05 PM
Great ideas everyone, thanks a million! Keep the good ideas flowing. Im getting REALLY desperate

BigMick
Apr. 26, 2010, 09:25 PM
Okay, please don't think I'm being bitchy, but your first post is full of spelling and punctuation errors. Is there a chance that your ads aren't as polished as they could be?

Chances are, your ads are exceptional and your post isn't representative of how the ads look! (We all bang out these posts quickly and forget to give them a glance-over before hitting the save button.) However, it wouldn't hurt to have someone whose business skills you admire take a look at your ads and give you feedback.

Maybe cruise the same sites on which you're advertising and do a little "window shopping" on other horses similar in experience and price. How are those ads written or set up that differentiate them from others? Go to the websites of some top riders and see how they structure their Sale Horse ads. Then model your ads after those examples.

Finally, you could also consider making a more detailed brochure or "advertorial" (with more specifics than typically found on a flier or internet ad), print it on nice stock and snail mail it to regional, well-known trainers with an extensive client base. Offer an incentive to them for helping you make a deal.

rideforthelaurels16
Apr. 26, 2010, 09:43 PM
Word of mouth is really, really helpful - if you have any trainer connections, use them to get to THEIR connections, and so on. Make sure everyone knows about your guy!