PDA

View Full Version : Will Oliver make it???

Giraffe
Apr. 26, 2010, 06:17 AM
Do we think Oliver T will make it to Badminton???? I love him as a rider and will be so upset not to see him ride. I was going to watch it on this http://www.horseandcountry.tv/badminton2010 as can't make it unless anyone has any other suggestions.

RiverBendPol
Apr. 26, 2010, 06:21 AM
No. Oliver scratched his Badminton horses last week, before he fell on Saturday.

*JumpIt*
Apr. 26, 2010, 06:40 AM
He cannot compete for 21 days minimum because he was unconscious for a short period of time.

riderboy
Apr. 26, 2010, 07:56 AM
He cannot compete for 21 days minimum because he was unconscious for a short period of time. Even with a mega trauma center workup including head CT and the whole 9 yards? Not doubting you I've just never heard of this rule.

flutie1
Apr. 26, 2010, 07:59 AM
Even with a mega trauma center workup including head CT and the whole 9 yards? Not doubting you I've just never heard of this rule.

It's a British Federation rule.

Badger
Apr. 26, 2010, 08:07 AM
He has to get out of the States before he can do anything. Per FB, he made it as far as O'Hare last night and missed the connection to his UK flight and is "currently trying to get some sleep on the floor of the Chicago airport." What a string of bad luck he's had this week! And can you imagine being stranded at O'Hare waiting for a flight after the crash his body took?

quietann
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:26 AM
He has to get out of the States before he can do anything. Per FB, he made it as far as O'Hare last night and missed the connection to his UK flight and is "currently trying to get some sleep on the floor of the Chicago airport." What a string of bad luck he's had this week! And can you imagine being stranded at O'Hare waiting for a flight after the crash his body took?

All I can say is a sympathetic "OW!" I broke the same bones (collarbone and ribs) that Olli cracked, and if he's in a quarter of the pain I was in (while on morphine :eek:), being stranded at O'Hare has got to be very, very uncomfortable.

blackwly
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:48 AM
It's a British Federation rule.

And a very good one. It does not matter what kind of trauma workup he had - any period of unconsciousness should ground you for a few weeks to reduce your risk of secondary concussion.

nomeolvides
Apr. 26, 2010, 03:59 PM
There's an interesting bit in WFP's autobiography about when he got knocked out at Gatcombe. He wanted to ride at Boekelo but couldn't because of the 3 week ban so he went to London to do a psychometric test.

The downside is that once you've chosen to go down the psychometric route, you have to pass it before you can ride again, no matter how long it takes.

riderboy
Apr. 26, 2010, 10:15 PM

Somebody should get out there and help this poor man! Come on Chicago GO GO GO! I know no one will but it would be nice .