PDA

View Full Version : R Star

EightBelles134
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:01 PM
does anyone know if Kristi Nunnink's horse R Star was ok after his fall at the Hollow?When I saw the video,he was down and then it panned away so i never saw if he got up

lizajane09
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:05 PM
I think it's a mare, actually. And they announced something along the lines of "both horse and rider are up and appear to be fine," but perhaps someone else has more precise news of her condition?

shea'smom
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:37 PM
She looked so good jumping around. I was sorry to hear that they fell. what a super pair.

ponygirl
Apr. 26, 2010, 06:52 AM
I am glad to hear they are okay. The mare is by Riverman as there was an article about the pair in the AHHA magazine. Very nice article.

jumpfan
Apr. 26, 2010, 08:17 AM
What happened to the gutsy first timer Kristi Nunnink? Seems that she retired.

xcatheart
Apr. 26, 2010, 09:46 AM
She didn't retire...her and her horse fell, so they were eliminated. I was so rooting for her after the article in COTH...

mjrtango93
Apr. 26, 2010, 10:39 AM
From all the reports that are out it said both Kristi and Rosie are just fine. Rosie stood right up after she fell down the stair, and seemed to be walking ok.

jumpfan
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:31 AM
What a bummer. Riding for the first time, well trained. The horse showed a great performance and great strides. I do hope Kristi is ok (bad bruises???) and will be back next year. The fall was horrible.

Kanga
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:37 AM
I was in the barns with both Kristi & R-Star yesterday and they are both just fine. Kristi will be competing her other horse in a couple of weeks at Jersey in the 3-star. R-Star & Kristi are an amazing pair and I'm sure we will be seeing them competing quite successfully in the future!

TwinGates
Apr. 26, 2010, 05:58 PM
I was in the barns with both Kristi & R-Star yesterday and they are both just fine. Kristi will be competing her other horse in a couple of weeks at Jersey in the 3-star. R-Star & Kristi are an amazing pair and I'm sure we will be seeing them competing quite successfully in the future!

Bad luck @ the Hollow, but this is a super, super mare and they seem to be a wonderful team. Look forward to seeing much more of them in the future!

OverandOnward
Apr. 26, 2010, 06:37 PM
I saw so sad to see the tumble! I love watching R-Star's verve and Kristi's connection with her. Very glad to hear they will both be ok. Looking forward to seeing them back on course. :)

jumpfan
May. 10, 2010, 06:39 AM

What happend to Kristi at the Jersey Fresh horse trials?
I can ´t find Kristi in the results.

Kanga
May. 10, 2010, 07:42 AM
She was in the CCI 3* at Jersey and she retired cross country. I don't know the reason why yet.

Kairoshorses
May. 10, 2010, 09:22 AM
Another fan here! I have some great pics of the pair doing dressage. They were amazing. And I was a fence judge at fence five (angled rails) where some horses took it like a bounce, and others sort of flung themselves over.

R-Star took it like a bounce, in perfect balance.

I can't wait to see this wonderful pair again!

I'll see if I can't load the pics....but if Kristi wants them, she can have them!

jumpfan
May. 10, 2010, 11:52 AM
Another fan here! I have some great pics of the pair doing dressage. They were amazing. And I was a fence judge at fence five (angled rails) where some horses took it like a bounce, and others sort of flung themselves over.

R-Star took it like a bounce, in perfect balance.

I can't wait to see this wonderful pair again!

I'll see if I can't load the pics....but if Kristi wants them, she can have them!

Would be a great pleasure to see the photos.

flutie1
May. 10, 2010, 12:29 PM
Kristi was hacking Rosie (R Star) around at Jersey and she looked fine. She had a couple stops with her other horse and wisely decided it wasn't their day.

Kairoshorses
May. 10, 2010, 01:06 PM
Here are the dressage pictures I took:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43873889@N08/sets/72157623909037493/

:)

jumpfan
May. 12, 2010, 01:04 AM
Kristi and R-Star are an ainimitable team. Does anybody know their schedule?

jumpfan
May. 15, 2010, 07:13 AM
Comment on Kristi Nunnink and her Rolex performance.

http://www.eventing.zzn.com

What is your opinion.

shea'smom
May. 15, 2010, 09:09 AM
I did see the Galway video. Yikes. I was surprised to see her hang a leg like that.

jumpfan
May. 15, 2010, 10:12 AM
I did see the Galway video. Yikes. I was surprised to see her hang a leg like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUfte-rCsAE

Carol Ames
May. 15, 2010, 11:21 AM
Kanga; I'm so glad to hear your report; The photo made it look as if Kristi had broken her arm:eek:please tell her to pull her arms in during a fall:yes:no broken arm? great!:yes:; it can be learned:yes::cool:.

Kanga
May. 15, 2010, 07:49 PM
Just read the article on eventing.zzn.......

WHOEVER these people are they are so full of crap and need to get a life! This website is such BS and why don't they actually go do something that can make a difference instead of stirring up SHIT!!

She is not ICP?? Well there is a good reason for that. The program is BS! Let's actually track trainers students and REALLY see what we come up with.... I know in my area alone that the trainers that are ICP certified have way more students having problems and falls than trainers that aren't ICP certified. And I have heard many different trainers around the country say the same thing.....So please lets get off the boat that the ICP is going to fix this....IT'S NOT!

Does anyone know who these people are from www.eventing.zzn? I'd like to give them a dose of reality!!!!!

Festivity
May. 15, 2010, 07:59 PM
I have had the pleasure of watching Kristi and R Star compete at the woodside horse trials. They were a blast to watch and nothing I saw about any of their riding scared me. Watching the video linked to, what struck me was not that R Star hung a leg, but how easily she recovered from it and how calm she looked. I hope they are both doing well and that I will get to see them compete at woodside again, they are a joy to watch.