PDA

View Full Version : Selling old show shirts?

Tuesday's Child
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:41 PM
So I have a show shirt that no longer fits me. It has been used minimally so is still in really good condition, so I was thinking of selling it. Problem is, I've had both the collars that come with it monogrammed. Do people ever buy used shirts, and if so, what do they do collar-wise if they've already been monogrammed? I guess if I could find someone with the same initials it would work out, but what are the chances of that?? :lol: It's a nice shirt, so I don't want to just send it to Goodwill or the like. Any suggestions?

HuntJumpSC
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:26 PM
Put it on Ebay. I don't mind chokers that are already monogrammed. No one is really paying that close attention to the initials on my shirt, so it doesn't bother me a bit.
I had a lovely yellow Essex shirt with "Erica" on it for a long time~ loved it, and re-sold it on Ebay with no problem. :)

Hunter Mom
Apr. 26, 2010, 08:57 AM
DD has at least one with a monogram. If they're really picky, they can remove it with a seam ripper.

Tuesday's Child
Apr. 26, 2010, 09:58 PM
Awesome - thanks for the replies! I'm glad to hear I stand a chance of selling it :)

itsjustmee
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:42 PM
What size is it?!

Noplainjane
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:49 PM
You could always fold your old shirt in a shadowbox with a photo of a favorite show ride. You could also have a quilt made from your shirts' fabric and collars.

Tuesday's Child
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:25 PM
Noplainjane - I like that idea! I am definitely saving one of the collars since my nana embroidered it for me so it has sentimental value.

itsjustmee - I'll PM you with details, don't want to tun this into a sales thread!

Noplainjane
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:22 PM
It's sweet that your nana embroidered collars for you.