PDA

View Full Version : Denver Co

Va2Ga
Apr. 25, 2010, 08:18 PM
I am looking for barn to send a client to for the summer. She needs a place that has someone to ride the horse and show it in the 1st years. She does the childrens She is interning for the summer. Thanks

CGolden
Apr. 25, 2010, 08:43 PM
Mickie Sage is in Golden, CO which I think is pretty close to Denver.

RAyers
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:08 PM
Where is your client? "Denver" can be considered a 490 square mile area, including Golden, Parker, Westminster,....

My landlord owns the barn where Micky Sage is located and depending on where your client is it could be an hour or 2 away. There is also Corky Shaha, Tracye Ferguson (her horse just got 5th in the $100K hunter futurity), and numerous others in the area.

Reed

Va2Ga
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys. I will find out where she will be in Denver. Its for july and aug. and she wants to do the 3 shows in a row in co. during that time. Thanks

MyGiantPony
Apr. 26, 2010, 10:29 AM
Michael Dennehy.

http://bridlewood-farms.com/

rjg2a
Apr. 26, 2010, 10:59 AM
Libby Copeland's out in Denver. Va2Ga, you'll remember her. She was in VA for years and moved out to Denver last year. I think she's working for Michael Dennehy still. She rode Peter and Dale's horses, and lots of others in VA. She's great.

Bearhunter
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:05 PM
Ditto Mickie Sage. She is great!

ETA Just read proximity could be an issue. If she is within driving radius, that is!

Ride'emCO
Apr. 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
Tracye Ferguson, Meridian Riding Club in Arvada. http://meridianridingclub.com/?q=node/2 She and Assistant Trainer Joanne Waring are phenomenal. :yes:

It looks like the Calendar of Events on the website isn't updated, but I know we're doing Estes Park; there will be opportunities to show every week.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Apr. 26, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'll ditto Tracye Ferguson too. I bought my old gelding from that barn way back in the day (when it was Dion Dana's place), and Tracye came in as I was leaving for school. I'm a fan of hers though, and the place is pretty nice. Last I was there (about a year ago now) I heard they were making plans for some improvements too...

Ride'emCO
Apr. 26, 2010, 05:52 PM
I'll ditto Tracye Ferguson too. I bought my old gelding from that barn way back in the day (when it was Dion Dana's place), and Tracye came in as I was leaving for school. I'm a fan of hers though, and the place is pretty nice. Last I was there (about a year ago now) I heard they were making plans for some improvements too...

FABULOUS improvements! They're replacing 2 of 3 barns, enlarging both the indoor and outdoor rings and adding a Grand Prix field!!! :yes: Can't wait!

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Apr. 26, 2010, 05:58 PM
FABULOUS improvements! They're replacing 2 of 3 barns, enlarging both the indoor and outdoor rings and adding a Grand Prix field!!! :yes: Can't wait!

:eek: I'll have to come back to visit next time I'm in town. I'm now in Houston, and we don't get up into Colorado for horse shows. My trainer took her daughter a couple summers ago to Parker for Young Riders, but it was in KY last year and will be again this summer.

Dooner
Apr. 27, 2010, 04:51 PM
I don't mean to be snarky, as I havent been there since Dion was around. But are they going to have any turnout to speak of? Going there for CHJA shows as a junior (a long time ago) I was always a little confused where the turnout was, if any.

Knowing Tracye was at Bristol and Columbine (am I right, or did she just have her shows there?), amongst others, I'm wondering.

Ride'emCO
Apr. 27, 2010, 10:47 PM
I don't mean to be snarky, as I havent been there since Dion was around. But are they going to have any turnout to speak of? Going there for CHJA shows as a junior (a long time ago) I was always a little confused where the turnout was, if any.

Knowing Tracye was at Bristol and Columbine (am I right, or did she just have her shows there?), amongst others, I'm wondering.

I know nothing of Bristol or Columbine, as I just moved to the area last year and haven't been down to those areas yet.

There is turnout at Meridian now, and there will be more when they renovate. Horses get a half day out in the paddocks, which in my experience is pretty standard for a lot of show barns. I don't know what the place was like before it's current owner (post-Dion) so the turnout could be very different from what you remember. What I do know is that I moved my young gelding from pastures in VA, where he had grass up to his hocks half the year, and he's fat and happy at Meridian. AND he's come so far in his training in the 7 months he's been there, I couldn't be happier.

REH
Apr. 28, 2010, 09:39 AM
Libby Copeland's out in Denver. Va2Ga, you'll remember her. She was in VA for years and moved out to Denver last year. I think she's working for Michael Dennehy still. She rode Peter and Dale's horses, and lots of others in VA. She's great.

Libby is great!

ksphorse
May. 1, 2010, 07:05 PM
Mickie Sage is the bee's knees check here out at http://mickiesageinc.com/home

Seriously she has tons of experience and is great hunter rider and a committed horsewoman.