View Full Version : Dressage Flatwork traning for Hunter/Jumpers-are any NC/SC/VA intersted?

NC Hunter Rider
Apr. 25, 2010, 05:19 PM
I live in the Charlotte, NC area and know of a classicly trained clinician, Pierre Cousyn , who specializes in dressage training with Grand Prix Jumpers. He holds several clinics around the county for not only dressage, but hunter/jumpers.
I incorporate a lot of flatwork in my training and was wondering if anyone in the NC/SC area would be interested in a clinic with him.
He is one of the few dressage trainers that adapts to our style of riding.
I know the top Grand Prix riders incorporate dressage fundamentals in their training. Jos Lansink who rode and trained Cumano said the best thing he ever did for that stallion was dressage training. And, we all know what a great horse he is and how much he has won.
Currently he is based out of North Florida but there may be an opportunity in the future for us located in this area.

You can read his qualifications from his website:

Please let me know if flatwork is a big part of your routine training? And, if there would be any interest?

City Ponies
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:52 PM
It's a huge part of my routine.. and I've brought my gelding back to basics as I felt we rushed the move to jumping the heights too quickly.. we were both having fun and got caught up in it.

I do alot of dressage techniques and feel all my h/j horses should be able to school 2nd level stuff. I'm in Clemson, and would gladly haul up with my guy for it!

lesson junkie
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:08 PM
NC-I'd love come-checkbook willing, of course! Can you get us more details?

Apr. 27, 2010, 11:10 PM
NC Hunter Rider and I are working on the details and logistics. If there is enough interest we will set up a clinic date/location and are looking for help to spread the word to fill it. He is committed to come back for regular clinics for students that are interested in regular training.

I am actually updating his website today and tomorrow. Will post a link when its up.

Apr. 30, 2010, 12:40 AM
Website is now updated
let us know if you are interested.