PDA

View Full Version : Badminton Horse Trials online viewing?

NRB
Apr. 25, 2010, 02:49 PM
if you go to the website for the HT you see that they will be showing it online and that you can purchase the rights to view. Like Universal Sports did for Rolex.

Anyone figured out how to purchase yet??

http://www.badminton-horse.co.uk/

http://www.horseandcountry.tv/badminton2010

Janeway
Apr. 25, 2010, 03:00 PM
Haven't tried purchasing yet; but I did email them to find out if the "live viewing" would be available later that day on demand. I live on the west coast of Canada and as much as I love Badminton, I am not getting up at 3am to watch live! :lol:

I am fervently hoping I will be able to watch the action the same day, just several hours later so I can watch without knowing how everyone faired.

NRB
Apr. 25, 2010, 03:04 PM
London is 5 hours ahead of me in Va on EST. Or so I think.

So I wonder when we'd be watching the feed here in the US?

I checked the site, XC is scheduled for 11am til 4:30pm. So for me that's 4pm til 9pm?? Sound right?

also anyone else have a problem with the feed from 2009? It's offered free on the horseandcountry tv site. But it speeds up and catches throughout the entire video. Anyone else have that same problem?? I wonder if the quality will be the same for Sunday?

LexinVa where are you?

Janeway
Apr. 27, 2010, 02:15 AM
I checked the site, XC is scheduled for 11am til 4:30pm. So for me that's 4pm til 9pm?? Sound right?

No, its the other way around. It will be live from 11am UK time which will be 6am your time :)

I see registration is now up for purchasing the live stream. Never did get an answer back though about the "on demand" availability.

Sharon
Apr. 27, 2010, 07:33 AM
There is now a link on the Badminton web site for purchase.

Separately,
I tried twice to sign up for the main Horse and Country web site but I do not get a return email with a password. Is this site limited to the UK only?

Maryalden
Apr. 27, 2010, 11:44 AM
There's a link to the live feed on the Badminton FaceBook site. I'll post Janeway's question there; I live in N.CA, and 3am is a bit early to watch cross-country, even if it IS Badminton.

3phase
Apr. 27, 2010, 11:03 PM
Wonder if it'll be the same as Rolex where you're able to view it at anytime...great when you have to go to the bathroom (pause button is a saving grace!)
Pretty exciting if it does work and if Canadians are able to purchase!

nomeolvides
Apr. 28, 2010, 10:20 AM
I tried twice to sign up for the main Horse and Country web site but I do not get a return email with a password. Is this site limited to the UK only?
I don't think it's limited to the UK only because I manage to use it in Europe. Btw, the sign up for Badminton is separate to the sign up of the main site.

Janeway
Apr. 28, 2010, 12:18 PM
Finally got a response from Horse & Country and unfortunately the live feed is only available live. There will be no "on demand" later that day.

There may be a few clips on the site later though apparently, but not the full day's worth.

I'm so disappointed!

NRB
Apr. 28, 2010, 12:47 PM
No, its the other way around. It will be live from 11am UK time which will be 6am your time :)

I see registration is now up for purchasing the live stream. Never did get an answer back though about the "on demand" availability.

Doh, makes sense that they would be ahead of us, the sun does rise in the east.lol.

So that's 6am til 11:30am for me at EST. right? Not so bad. Though I think I'll have to scrap the big Badminton Party i was scheduling to have.

Romany
Apr. 28, 2010, 03:28 PM
For figuring out what the time is - or will be - just use Google: type in "time in England" (or wherever else in the world you're curious about) in the google search window and up pops the current time. :)

RiverBendPol
Apr. 29, 2010, 04:03 PM
We aren't in EST right now, we're in EDT...Daylight Savings.....England is 5 hours ahead of us so when it is 7 am here, on the East coast, it is noon at Badminton. Chicago is 6 hours behind, etc.

I'm completely bummed we can't tune in later than the live feed...My horse is competing on Sunday-my crutches and I have to go watch!

TXnGA
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:14 PM
So, what is the link to view Badminton online? Is it pay per view like Rolex was for some people? OR is it like Burleghy 09 was and you could log in with a password and watch rides?

Sorry, very eager to see Badminton... instead of watching it via dvd later...:):):):):):)