PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Kieffer and Snooze Alarm

sunnycher
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:22 AM
I just watched a video clip on EN (since I cannot log in to US), and saw their sc round. What a cute horse and she is a really nice rider. Loved it.

pony grandma
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:36 AM
I saw a picture of them xcountry posted here somewhere - he had those knees up so smartly!! Really snappy, tight, all the way up to his eyes. He's such a cute, alert, happy looking horse - the partnership is obvious. Bravo for them. Best of luck today in stadium, the fans will be cheering you on.

enjoytheride
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:46 AM
He's registered as an anglo arab, you can really tell when he gets his tail up.

DLee
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:47 AM
It was very cool to meet her parents the night before xc, and great to see her come in the Finish Box! :yes:

Roulett
Apr. 25, 2010, 12:42 PM
He's registered as an anglo arab, you can really tell when he gets his tail up.

SNooze was voted one of the AHA Ambassador Horses 2 years ago and has
been on the cover of Modern Arabian Horse -- he's a really cool little guy and
I'm looking forward to watching him on the jumper course today.

gardenie
Apr. 25, 2010, 12:44 PM
Love Snooze Alarm. Cannot wait to see him showjump!

wabadou
Apr. 25, 2010, 12:55 PM
I think he's really cute, too!
She was in the commentators box for a bit yesterday and let on that they call him "Maggot" around the barn...apparently he was a real stinker for a while, as many Anglo-Arabs can be, LOL!! Once they come around though, they make awesome horses :D Can't wait to see them do stadium on the live feed today.

KSevnter
Apr. 25, 2010, 01:38 PM
I only watched a little bit of the xc but I caught the part where she was in the commentator's booth and said that he was an accidental breeding between a 3 yo TB mare and a 28 year old Arab stallion from next door. At some point he was sent to her trainer to be broke and she got him when he was 4 and she was 13, neat story.

piccolittle
Apr. 25, 2010, 02:57 PM
I only watched a little bit of the xc but I caught the part where she was in the commentator's booth and said that he was an accidental breeding between a 3 yo TB mare and a 28 year old Arab stallion from next door. At some point he was sent to her trainer to be broke and she got him when he was 4 and she was 13, neat story.

Really? Doing some research on the pair leads me to http://www.pegasuspark.com/sales.html, where you can see that Lauren bought a younger full brother of Snooze's recently, which makes his dam 6 or so when he was foaled, and his sire 19 or 20. Not too sure it was accidental either... considering the farm repeated the breeding. Still, cute horse, interesting breeding, and great story!

pegasus44
Apr. 25, 2010, 03:34 PM
They are breeding his dam to another Arabian this year.

His sire Serazim died in 2007 at 31 years old. He has quite a few talented offspring.

riderboy
Apr. 25, 2010, 07:50 PM
I've known both of them from day one. She deserves huge and I mean huge kudos for bringing that horse to Rolex level riding and doing it the hard way. I thought their XC was just beautiful, clean and classy. He can be a real stinker in stadium and I thought she did a great job keeping her cool and getting the job done so well. I'm very proud of her.

Kementari
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:23 PM
According to AHA, *Serazim was foaled in 1978 and Snooze Alarm in 1997, making *Serazim 18 or 19 when Snooze was bred. The dam is showing as a 1990 model, making her 6 or 7 at the time.

It could still be accidental, though - and came out so nicely the first time that they decided to go for it again!

My Arab mare's sire line goes back to *Serafix, too - maybe I can hope the greatness is in that line. :winkgrin:

Gryhrs
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:38 PM
So excited for Lauren and Snooze. They looked so polished and in control the entire weekend. Their xc run was a thing of beauty. Lauren is an extremely talented rider - Snooze is not an easy horse....talented yes, easy no :) So excited about the pair becoming a 4 * team !

outofthebox
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:07 PM
Very cool that Snooze was her horse when she was only 13! Talk about a true partnership, they grew up together!

eponacowgirl
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:26 PM
Love this pair. So bummed for them in stadium, but a good showing FOR SURE. Can't wait to see more of them.

Hey Mickey
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:45 PM
I am a big fan of that horse (and part arabs eventing in general). We watched them warm up for dressage.

clm08
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:47 PM
Lovely pair indeed!

LAZ
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:27 PM
Snooze can be a Huge stinker--Lauren has done a fabulous job with him, and I was really proud of them this weekend! She did her first YR's my last year of running our program and he really made her work for their completion. I know she was disapointed at having a stop in SJ today, but as I said to her folks--she is now a legit 4 star rider, which is an accomplishment that many cannot claim. I don't expect this will be the last we see of Lauren!

pegasus44
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:50 AM
According to AHA, *Serazim was foaled in 1978 and Snooze Alarm in 1997, making *Serazim 18 or 19 when Snooze was bred. The dam is showing as a 1990 model, making her 6 or 7 at the time.

It could still be accidental, though - and came out so nicely the first time that they decided to go for it again!

My Arab mare's sire line goes back to *Serafix, too - maybe I can hope the greatness is in that line. :winkgrin:

Serazim was a 1976 model, not 1978.

J-Lu
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:53 AM
I think he is so cool and I really love it when horses and riders like this rise so incredibly far.

Anyone know the breeding of the sire and dam? I'm really curious about the Arabian lines.

pegasus44
Apr. 26, 2010, 01:06 AM
He is by SERAZIM, by SKI CHIEF (Meteor++ {*Serafix} x Monat) out of BINT ZAZA (Abuzim {Abu Farwa} x Zaza).

His dam is WAKE ME GENTLY a Stakes placed daughter of UNPREDICTABLE and out of REVILLE SONG (Battle Call). She produced 6 TB foals between Snooze and his full brother, some of which are Stakes placed.

J-Lu
Apr. 26, 2010, 01:18 AM
Thank you, pegasus!

Kellog and Crabbet lines on both sides of the sire. That's what I was wondering about. Very plentiful lines but they've created some great sport arabians.

riderboy
Apr. 26, 2010, 09:17 AM
I've heard (wasn't there) that Anglo-Arab crosses were very popular for a while in the '80's as event horses. Of course, that was long format stuff.

Kementari
Apr. 26, 2010, 09:56 AM
Serazim was a 1976 model, not 1978.

Sorry - transcription error when I went to do the math! :o

So make that 20 or 21...

Bobthehorse
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:17 AM
I've heard (wasn't there) that Anglo-Arab crosses were very popular for a while in the '80's as event horses. Of course, that was long format stuff.

The French make an excellent Anglo-Arab and they are still quite well represented at the upper levels, mostly in Europe.

LisaB
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:19 AM
I heard that the Selle Francais utilizes the European Arab quite extensively.

mcorbett
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
I was VERY impressed by how well they both went XC. So confident and calm! I'm a big fan now :)

pegasus44
Apr. 26, 2010, 01:43 PM
The French make an excellent Anglo-Arab and they are still quite well represented at the upper levels, mostly in Europe.

Check out this page on Anglo event horses from all over the world:

http://www.anglo-arabians.com/AA_eventnews.htm

William Fox-Pitt won Burghley in 2008 and Badminton in 2004 on the British-bred Anglo Tamarillo. Also Team Silver at Aachen.

Karen O'C had an Anglo, Nos Ecus, that was COTH Event Horse of the Year in 89.

hallebop
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:25 PM
I was so thrilled to see Lauren go with her - home grown horse. From what I understand she has brought this horse along from a youngster. Now that is a talented rider! I wish her all the best in the future. Her XC was grand!:):)