PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell saddles that aren't FRENCH?

Jewels09
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:15 AM
We have quite a few saddles that are sitting around. Some of them are brand new with the tags on! The only problem is they aren't the popular french brands. I looked at Ebay thinking I would list them there, but none of the saddles of this brand [edit] had any bids. Also, what do I do with 2 black saddles [edit]????? Any luck in Chronicle? Ebay? Certain tack stores?

Any help is much appreciated

ADM7040
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:26 AM
Jewels09, I have sent you a PM.

GreyHunterHorse
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:39 AM
I would be curious to know too...I have a [saddle] that didnt move off ebay and I'm looking to post it as many places as possible...

superpony123
Apr. 25, 2010, 12:31 PM
fine used saddles.com or something like that? it might have dashes inbetween the words

enjoytheride
Apr. 25, 2010, 12:41 PM
I actually sold an older bevel on craigslist. Ended up meeting a very happy trainer with a lesson barn in a parking lot half way between her barn and mine.

Moderator 1
Apr. 25, 2010, 07:33 PM
A reminder to keep the specifics of saddles available or wanted out of the thread to comply with our no-advertising policy--only general suggestions of places to list/experiences with listing there.

Thanks!
Mod 1

Jewels09
Apr. 26, 2010, 08:46 AM
still looking for suggestions. fine used saddles isn't going to jump at these brands. what about ricks heritage in pa? I could ship them there but it looks like they have so many of them I'm just wondering if they sell them quickly?

also, does anyone have experience contacting the saddle rep directly and asking them if they are willing to buy them back (obviously for less money)

MIKES MCS
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
If they are just sitting around I would try consignment shops. Most take all kinds of saddles as it doesn't cost them anything to have the item sit on the floor, If they are just sitting around let them sit where there's a customer base. I sell all kinds on consignemnt even Western which I have NO knowledge of . I have been surprised at who and what I sell . Find a shop in your area and see if they will work with you.

Dressage.For.Life.
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:22 PM
Fine Used Saddles definitely takes Prestige saddles.

Lucassb
Apr. 26, 2010, 12:27 PM
I'd advertise them on ebay, the classifieds here, and the outside course (which has the advantage of being free.)

norcalammie
Apr. 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
Try craigslist. I have helped 2 people from my barn sell saddles and was able to find buyers for 5 saddles everything from an Australian outback saddle to an older Stubben. For the more expensive saddles, we had to send one out a couple of times on trial before we found a buyer but all have been sold. Just take good photos, be honest in your description and be willing to send on trial. We would send on trial upon receipt of full payment + any shipping cost and would refund the money if the saddle was returned in the same condition as shipped.

Also found that I could meet some semi local buyers at a mid way point and exchange the saddle for cash - funny but all the local sales were cash sales.

Try craigslist and good luck.