PDA

View Full Version : Incident on the Land Rover XC course at Rolex

mellsmom
Apr. 24, 2010, 07:59 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to assure all of you who saw it, that everyone walked away unharmed.. well the Land rover was only slightly damaged.....
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=836019043&ref=profile#!/profile.php?id=836019043&v=wall&story_fbid=113974361967286
The ground jury reviewed the incident and determined that a faulty approach was to blame for the loss of purchase at the entry to the bridge. Fortunately a pulling strap was quickly located and the listing vehicle was extricated from the water hazard. The occupants of the vehicle wish to extend their heartfelt gratitude to all those who cheered for them as they completed the course and emerged from the only slightly blemished vehicle.

Duramax
Apr. 24, 2010, 10:27 PM
ooooh can't open the pic- but I want to see!!!!!! :eek:

ZiggyStardust
Apr. 25, 2010, 03:05 AM
They say they were pulled out by a wench. That must be one helluva wench, I'd like to shake her hand. :)

pintopiaffe
Apr. 25, 2010, 05:11 AM
Well, it's good work if you can get it... :uhoh: :lol:

Auburn
Apr. 25, 2010, 08:54 AM
Yesterday, I was a road crossing guard. I was right by the rollover incident. They were crossing a log bridge through the water. A guy would guide the driver onto the logs. Apparently, the driver did not line up just right and the right side of the Rover slid off of the logs and landed on it's right side. OOPS! :eek:

It laid on it's side for quite awhile, before they were able to get it righted and the folks out. It should have been called, "Land Rovers' Wild Ride"!

We had to concentrate on getting the road closed for the horses to cross and keep the gawkers moving.

The sad thing about the Land Rover attraction was that they had taken down several old trees to build it. They recycled the tree stumps to build the teeter-totter (sp?).

I wonder what kind of insurance they had to be able to do that sort of "experience"?

mellsmom
Apr. 27, 2010, 09:34 AM
well spelling aside...it was too much fun. Wish I could attach the pics, they are hysterical!