PDA

View Full Version : Carousel pictures

retreadeventer
Apr. 23, 2010, 10:43 PM
I was close by the park today and took a walk around the cross country fields. Did not get all jumps but most. In case anyone was interested in seeing them.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee158/eventhorses/Carousel%20Farms%20cross-country%20jumps/

retreadeventer
Apr. 24, 2010, 08:28 AM
Sorry if the pictures ended up a little mixed -- there are two fields of jumps, the field I am calling the "small" field is actually larger in size but has most of the small jumps in it.
Comments? Questions? (40 views....someone has to have a question!)

SonnysMom
Apr. 24, 2010, 09:23 AM
Neat pictures. I would love to get out and jump some of those. Maybe later this summer I could get out there. I don't think Carousel is too far from me.

allisontatman
Apr. 24, 2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the pics! I want to get up there this summer since its close and not too pricey (25 bucks I think?) Anyway, I've heard there are lots of holes up there, did you see a lot? Is it all huge and open, or is any closed off my fence or trees?

Zu Zu
Apr. 24, 2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for posting ~ very helpful.

retreadeventer
Apr. 24, 2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the pics! I want to get up there this summer since its close and not too pricey (25 bucks I think?) Anyway, I've heard there are lots of holes up there, did you see a lot? Is it all huge and open, or is any closed off my fence or trees?

All the fences I took pictures of had no holes on take off or landing. However I did not get to all the smaller jumps in the back field, some up under the trees, etc. might have the holes.

As you can see they are not trimmed down, tho, that makes it hard for a horse to see the ground lines. It did look as though the fields were recently mowed, though. There are two nice fields surrounded by fences and trees with trails in between. The only problem up there is parking up by the equestrian center, we have to sandwich in by the New Castle Co. mounted police trailers, but it works. We should all go, it's a very fun little ride with nice water jump. Lots of ways in and out. Nice confidence builder.

Jleegriffith
Apr. 24, 2010, 06:46 PM
There are no holes in front of or behind any of the fences but LOTS of holes in the fields. In the starting field where there are a few logs and the straw there is a big hole about 12 ft to the right of the start box.

In the second field there are several holes to the left of the BN ramp and novice feed.

allisontatman
Apr. 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
Jess, do they fix the holes for their Starter Trials?? Would like to go, but not if I've gotta worry about holes!! I'll have enough to worry about!

Jleegriffith
Apr. 26, 2010, 03:35 PM
Well they have been there forever w/o getting fixed so I would assume not. They should not be in the paths to the fence it would only be an issue if you were schooling and riding around near the jumps. I always want to go up and put some stakes in them but I am always on a horse and they use those fields for hay so I am not sure that would be appropriate. I also don't know who that would be addressed to because the park is responsible for maintaining the grounds but and a seperate group runs the horse trial and does not benefit from the money made on x-c schooling.