PDA

View Full Version : LAZ, Thank you for hosting the COTH party!

Auburn
Apr. 23, 2010, 09:34 PM
LAZ did a super job of hosting the Rolex COTH party tonight. The burgers were great.

I got to see some old friends (Cookie Pony, Gryhrs, Twist of Fate and Riderboy.) I met Vineyridge. Deltawave was there.

BTW, Happy Birthday to Riderboy! :D

Unfortunately, I had to leave by 8pm, so I do not know if Pinkdiamondracing and Tuppysmom ever made it out there.

I never could find out who made the potato salad, but it was the best that I have ever eaten. Whoever you are, would you please pm me with your recipe?

I am praying that the weather holds for cross country tomorrow and for safe rides for all. :yes:

pinkdiamondracing
Apr. 24, 2010, 12:21 AM
A dear friend of mine had a major snafu today with the hauler that was moving her pony horses from Keeneland to Churchill, and since they HAD to get there tonight due to the fact that they race at Churchill tomorrow I told her not to worry, I would get them moved for her.

So instead of hanging out with my COTH friends, eating delicious burgers and what I hear was some completely AWESOME potato salad, I had a bag of stale Chex Mix from the Flying J truck stop, and a soda pop.:no::no::no::no:

I feel like a heel for not being there to help host the party, but I could not leave her stranded, she's been too good to me in the past, letting me haul up to Churchill to work Oaks and Derby, and she is gonna help me make it possible to do it one more time, this time on my 25 year old pony horse that I have been ponying off of for 16 years. It's about the only thing he has never done in his career, and before he is gone, I want to pony the Kentucky Derby on him, so that I have the picture to remember the day by.

Hope that the party was a huge success, and again, please accept my apologies for being unable to attend.

pony grandma
Apr. 24, 2010, 10:31 AM
And how was the KY bourbon? and where were you last year??? :winkgrin:

This was my year to pass on the weekend b/c of conflicts. DD is boohoo too.

pinkdiamondracing
Apr. 24, 2010, 06:18 PM
And how was the KY bourbon? and where were you last year??? :winkgrin:

This was my year to pass on the weekend b/c of conflicts. DD is boohoo too.

I was there last year!!!!!

DLee
Apr. 24, 2010, 07:32 PM
Yes, thanks so much for hosting that, it was super to meet some COTHers in person!
Tuppysmom, I sent the Woodford with Lauren Kieffer's mom who was going to give it to you at the barns... no idea if it got to you full or not... :lol:

RedMare01
Apr. 24, 2010, 07:48 PM
Unfortunately I didn't make it either :(.

Too long of a day dealing with the rain, and I had to work today. Next year!

Caitlin

riderboy
Apr. 24, 2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks LAZ! It was great to meet everyone. Keep the extra birthday cake! The topper was a great XC day with good weather, Lauren Kieffer went clean and classy and thank the Lord no serious injuries to horses or riders in spite of some scary falls.

pony grandma
Apr. 24, 2010, 08:41 PM
I was there last year!!!!!

I meant where was the person (this year) who said that they were bringing the bourbon - where were 'they' last year :lol: ?

Hey I know that you were there - you were the one who organized it.

I just always admired the one tag line from one of you KYians that says 'we're spending all of our money on horses and bourbon.' I wanna be their BF. Oh the stories we would spill .....

That should be the state motto.

scanned back up the posts - oh yes - that's DLee!! I'm your fan!

Kinsella
Apr. 24, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hate that I missed it! Granted, after being on my feet all day working on vendor row, I don't know that I'd have survived that long anyway... Anyone that stopped by Bob Mickler's in the past week has surely seen me anyway (though not with a Kinsella nametag...)

annikak
Apr. 24, 2010, 10:36 PM
I just got a text....from the party! I so wish I was there! Hope you all had a great time- very quality people there!!!

RedMare01
Apr. 24, 2010, 10:47 PM
Hate that I missed it! Granted, after being on my feet all day working on vendor row, I don't know that I'd have survived that long anyway... Anyone that stopped by Bob Mickler's in the past week has surely seen me anyway (though not with a Kinsella nametag...)

OT, but I loved Bob Mickler's! I bought an Ariat rain jacket and WEG baseball cap there...were you standing at the front of the tent helping people (or at least me :lol:) try on jackets yesterday (Friday)? Show 'twas so much more enjoyable after I had the rain jacket instead of big, annoying plastic poncho!

Caitlin

Gryhrs
Apr. 25, 2010, 06:13 PM
Great party LAZ! Thank you! Loved seeing everyone and putting faces with names - so much fun :) ! I can't believe how lucky we were with the weather.

LAZ
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hey--thanks for coming! It was fun to have everyone over and meet new folks & reconnect with other friends! As a bonus I
have a 6 month supply of chips. :winkgrin:

CookiePony
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:59 PM
Thank you LAZ! I'm sorry we never made it back to help eat riderboy's cake. And I realized back at the hotel that I should have helped you clean up. But it was a great time with food and friends, and we were lucky to have your hospitality!

Kinsella
Apr. 25, 2010, 10:45 PM
OT, but I loved Bob Mickler's! I bought an Ariat rain jacket and WEG baseball cap there...were you standing at the front of the tent helping people (or at least me :lol:) try on jackets yesterday (Friday)? Show 'twas so much more enjoyable after I had the rain jacket instead of big, annoying plastic poncho!

Caitlin

It probably was me! Was I wearing one of the rain jackets myself? The greenish plaid one? Blonde-ish? (grey-ish :eek:!) A tad overweight? (OK, maybe more than a tad... :lol:)

eponacowgirl
Apr. 25, 2010, 11:55 PM
I had a great time, also! So fun to put faces with names! And whoever made the potato salad- post the recipe here- I scraped the container clean!

asbjockey
Apr. 26, 2010, 10:22 AM
I missed meeting Deltawave??? :(

It was a great meeting all the COTHers that I DID get to meet. I also got to hang around with a few on xc for a while. Bonus!

Next time I'll be sure to bring an extra coat so that I can hang around longer.

DLee
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:03 AM
pony grandma, We will definitely have to meet up someday! :yes:

Loved getting to meet asbjockey, riderboy, PhoenixFarm and Mr.PF (who's name still just MEANS the Chronicle to me!), deltawave and her trainer (who's horse is going to be a star), LAZ, subk, CookiePony! and great people who aren't even ON the boards.. and anyone else I forgot! Thanks so much LAZ!

LAZ
Apr. 26, 2010, 11:12 AM
I missed meeting Deltawave??? :(

It was a great meeting all the COTHers that I DID get to meet. I also got to hang around with a few on xc for a while. Bonus!

Next time I'll be sure to bring an extra coat so that I can hang around longer.

Now that's a bummer--I had multiple coats in my trailer & could have loaned you one! If I have my trailer I always have duplicates of rain and warm gear.

hallebop
Apr. 26, 2010, 10:39 PM
Thank you it was a great time. DLee I am the newbee who just now joined the forum. The outsider on Saturday was welocmed openly. It was great fun. Thanks so much. Eventers are so friendly - can I say more than other disciplines! Just loved the weekend. I am hooked. I hope my 3-3/4 year old Windfall girl will follow in her daddy's footsteps.

pinkdiamondracing
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:26 AM
Thank you it was a great time. DLee I am the newbee who just now joined the forum. The outsider on Saturday was welocmed openly. It was great fun. Thanks so much.

Eventers don't have outsiders-- we just have new eventers!!!!

Welcome!!!!

tuppysmom
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:36 AM
So sorry that we couldn't make it. I know better than to make plans for Rolex evenings.... We just ran out ofnour time window and couldn't fit it in between "places that we had to be".

Nex year, hopfully!

Oh and thanks so much for the Woodford. Our cooler attracted lots of attention in the stables. People walk by, open cooler, say OOHHHH, and sit down for a visit. Lots of fun. We had coaches, sponsors, riders, grooms, and now some new friends!! It's must be a magic cooler because it kept filling up everyday, like magic.

DLee
Apr. 27, 2010, 08:45 AM
So glad the Woodford made it! I loved the Kentucky Derby bottle. :yes:

Hey hallebop glad you signed up!

asbjockey
Apr. 27, 2010, 10:25 AM
Where's the potato salad recipe????