PDA

View Full Version : Rolex Stream keeps pausing on me

blazing saddles
Apr. 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
Just to be specific, I watch this stuff when i go home from work. So from 6:30pm till about 11pm I watched what was obviously archive content from the live stream yesterday. the video sputtered/paused at least once a minute. I made sure to check the other video's on the Universal site before I purchased the rolex package, they look great and streamed fine.

I have sent a note to Universal, I was just curious what everyone's else expercience was here.

FYI - I have a standard Dell computer. Pentium 3 1.6 ghz with 2 gig of RAM. Basic regular old video card.

Never had any other problems with streams.

Has anyone else had these issues? If so are they still an issue today?

RacetrackReject
Apr. 23, 2010, 02:51 PM
Since the video came back up, I get 30-45 seconds of good video to every 1 to 1.5 minutes of stuck video. It's quite annoying to watch. Yesterday I had no problems whatsoever though.

LexInVA
Apr. 23, 2010, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. It's likely resulting from whatever happened earlier and is probably a hiccup with their load balancing and streaming video server which encodes the video feed. FWIW, Silverlight figures it's own performance settings based solely on the the connection used for streaming, so you can't change anything to fix problems like you can in Windows Media Player if any of you are having glitches that are due to the quality of your connection or your PC hardware.

blazing saddles
Apr. 23, 2010, 03:10 PM
man, that is way worst and to be watching live with that kind of delay really takes away fromt he experience. pity

my constant pauses thankfully are only for about 2 to 3 seconds. Just enough to be annoying really, but seems totally unnecessary as well with steaming technology being what it is. My guess is silver light might be part of the issue. Never trust Microsoft products!! :)

enjoytheride
Apr. 23, 2010, 05:29 PM
Guys is this free or did you pay for it, and where can I find it? I don't want to pay for it if the stream is like that.

RacetrackReject
Apr. 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
It is PPV and I was able to get it to work better by scrolling the bar back a few minutes and letting it run behind just a tad.

blazing saddles
Apr. 23, 2010, 05:46 PM
I tried scrolling back and a I tried pausing it for while, neither worked, it just streamed from where ever I adjusted the que point too.

I can't believe this, 2 years in a row now.

There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee too that says, fool me once, shame on — uuuuuuuuuunhh- shame on you. Fool me.......uuuuuuuuuuuh, You can't get fooled again

Did I say that right? :)

blazing saddles
Apr. 23, 2010, 07:35 PM
fyi - just an update, my pauses are caused by the processor on my computer. granted it's a little old, but this silverlight seems to really push it over the top. with nothing else running it is pinned at 100%.

I'll be looking for ways to stream line my computer and post back here. I've already tried removing the anti virus, no such luck yet.