PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Question: Black Country Quantum

Astrophil
Apr. 23, 2010, 10:57 AM
This is a crosspost form the hunter/jumper page:

I know there have been some recent threads talking about this saddle, but I just wanted to see if I could get any more info. What do you think of the saddle? How is the balance? How deep is it? How big are the blocks? How has it held up over time? How does it feel to flat in and how does it feel to jump in? Anyone have any photos they can share?

Any other info or wisdom is welcome. Thanks for the help!

Brigitte
Apr. 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
I have the Maelstrom (based on the Quantum) and absolutely love it. I would not have "upgraded" to the Maelstrom (calfskin) but it was a demo and the price was excellent. As it turns out, I like the calfskin way more than I ever imagined!
I think it rides much more like a close contact than you expect just by looking at it. I always rode in various close contact jump saddles and was pleasantly surprised by how balanced and "close" this saddle feels.
Brigitte is massive and I am 5' 1". I have always felt like I was just perched on top of her. I have never had that feeling since I switched to this saddle. My leg just falls around her very nicely. In a short stirrup it is awesome.
I do all my flat work in it and it is fine. (Can't wait to get a Black Country dressage saddle!) I did find that I don't lengthen my stirrups as much as I did in other saddles, but it doesn't seem to matter.
Also, like many others on this forum, can't say enough about Trumbull Mtn.
If I can find any pics I'll post them.