PDA

View Full Version : last minute Rolex packing help!!!

mustangsal85
Apr. 23, 2010, 12:52 AM
Ok guys I need some tips! I have been lucky enough to have sunny weather the last few times I've been, and with the forecast this weekend I'm blanking on what I should wear. I have waterproof hiking boots to wear and an umbrella (DUMB question: those are allowed on XC day, correct?). I'm leaning towards wearing shorts because IMO I'd rather have my skin wet than wear wet clothes all day but I don't want to be freezing... and I have a light jacket that is waterproof as well. So I guess what is the consensus - pants or shorts?

Also, does anyone know if the grandstand for Sunday is sold out? Or did online ticket sales just stop? I brain farted I forgot to buy my seats for Sunday and Saturday's GP so hopefully I can still get them. If anyone has an extra pair for either.... hint hint. ;)

And lastly, where are the warmups taking place? I've heard they aren't next to the main arena anymore...

eponacowgirl
Apr. 23, 2010, 02:00 AM
I have two tanks, four tshirts, two long sleeve shirts, three pairs of pants, two pairs of capris, one pair raint pants and a pair of shorts. I figure if I get soaked to the skin enough times, I'll have plenty to change into.

Oh, and three various degrees of waterproof jackets.

Cause you never EVER know what the weather will actually be.

n2dressage
Apr. 23, 2010, 05:25 AM
If it rains it WILL be cold IME. This is the first year in 8 or 10 years I haven't gone. I was there for the monsoon in 2002... that was COOOOOLLLLDDDD! My rainy weather attire was jeans tucked into my clunky mt horse tall boots (or dubarry's if you're rich lol) and layers on top (tank, tshirt, long sleeve, sweatshirt, rain coat). Yes umbrellas are allowed. I think they are a pain in the a$$ though. When in doubt, carry one of those hideous ponchos with you where ever you go. Many of the vendors will have them for sale for cheap or give them away if it rains though. The vendors there are pretty good for some free stuff. Carry a backpack so you can strip off layers and tuck away some of your purchases. Also good if you wanted to bring in adult beverages or water. If it rains and is cold my foxhunting friend had a plan that made lots of sense: bring a squeeze water bottle filled with red wine... that will keep you warm and not caring about being soggy! :D

Auburn
Apr. 23, 2010, 08:50 AM
Today it is supposed to rain and be in the 60's. Tomorrow a chance of severe weather, rain and a high in the low 70's. Sunday it is supposed to be in the low 60's with thunderstorms and wind.

I would suggest rain gear, rain boots and some warm clothes thrown in, too.

The past three weekends down here have been lovely. It is too bad that this weekend is predicted to be miserable. :(

Bacchus
Apr. 23, 2010, 09:41 AM
Just bring some rain pants and a rain jacket or poncho. You can wear shorts under the rain pants, but I think you'll be cold.

I'm wearing jeans with light-weight rain pants, a short-sleeved shirt, a long-sleeved shirt and a rain jacket with hood.

I always have a backpack with some food, water, margaritas and/or wine! ;)

mustangsal85
Apr. 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys! I just got in, gonna change at the hotel and head up for the SmartPark walk. Hopefully it sticks with the light drizzle and not much more!!

PS - The red wine and marg idea is excellent. Well, not together, but you get the picture.

n2dressage
Apr. 23, 2010, 11:08 AM
You can have them together! haha It's called a Mambo Taxi! (well, technically sangria and not red wine but i'm sure you won't notice the difference after a couple...!) If you forget to take your own could you go and have a mango margarita at the margarita stand for me please?:winkgrin: