PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Barns in Hamilton Wenham Mass.

redlight
Apr. 22, 2010, 04:09 PM
My sister, who hasn't ridden in thirty-five years, has finally decided to get back into riding again. She lives outside of Salem, Mass and wants to find a nice barn with good school horses. She would like to eventually go out on trails and do some dressage. She showed as a junior so has some experience. She is in great shape but we all know how sore you get after you've taken a hiatus from riding!

I thought a dressage and/or eventing barn would be a good fit. She doesn't want to go to a lesson mill. She doesn't know who the right barns are but figures the Hamilton area should have something. I don't live in Massachusetts so I am no help but I figured COTHER's would have some suggestions.

Thanks!

brii7
Apr. 22, 2010, 07:27 PM
In Hamilton there is Gathering Farm, where Babette Lena [sp?] trains out of. There is also Ledyard Farm with Ferial Johnson, and Ashley Macvaugh is also out of Hamilton [she is competing currently at rolex!] All of these trainers have websites if you search their names plus eventing on google, ie, ashley macvaugh eventing, and so on.