PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from the 1st Horse Inspection?

peanuts
Apr. 21, 2010, 06:08 PM
Does anyone have pictures to share from the first jog at Rolex today? Other then the beautiful ones posted in the COTH gallery of course :D

*JumpIt*
Apr. 21, 2010, 07:32 PM
http://useventing.com/blog/?p=8912#more-8912

Lori B
Apr. 21, 2010, 07:43 PM
Thank you! Let's hear it for the mares in the field!

bambam
Apr. 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
Thank you useventing. Those are great
I am always amazed at how many people are willing to wear white at the jog-up.
I don't even have to handle my horses to get dirty. I just have to get within 50 feet of either a horse or a barn and, BAM, I have dirt or hay or slobber somewhere
I need to know their secret!!! :lol:

Lori B
Apr. 21, 2010, 08:37 PM
bambam, totally agree. Maybe they are in a poncho until someone hands them the reins at the start.

Duramax
Apr. 21, 2010, 08:45 PM
haha, why would Ian Roberts wear jeans? :lol:

NeverTime
Apr. 21, 2010, 10:08 PM
Why did Bonnie wear boots and breeches?! It's allowed, but it's Rolex fer cryin' out loud. She's only got one horse to ride; find time to put some real clothes on!

GotSpots
Apr. 21, 2010, 10:10 PM
From the length of some of those skirts, I wonder if a few horses might have benefited from what Eventing Nation has described as a "generous" review at the jog . . .

SevenDogs
Apr. 21, 2010, 10:40 PM
From the length of some of those skirts, I wonder if a few horses might have benefited from what Eventing Nation has described as a "generous" review at the jog . . .

... and what's with the "go-go" boots! :eek:

Although all in all, several "veterans" looked more appropriate than previous events.

VicariousRider
Apr. 21, 2010, 10:41 PM
1. Leave it to Boyd to wear white sox!!!

2. Goeff Curran looks SNAPPY in that uniform!!

3. WHERE is Faudree's Stetson???

CatchMeIfUCan
Apr. 21, 2010, 10:47 PM
I think Bonnie was wearing the fashion version of boots and breeches a la that thread a little while back with the fashion breeches. Those definitely aren't riding boots-- they have really pointy toes! I think Phillip Dutton looks like he got dressed in the dark! Those colors looks awful together! Becky looks radiant, but I think my favorite is Stephanie Rhodes-Bosch. She would look cute with a big hat! Of course Lainey would pick out the tighest outfit-- how did she run in that?!?! Sara looks like she is having a blast.

patricia.dasilva
Apr. 21, 2010, 11:10 PM
Here are some videos of the jog - I'm posting them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/ECOGOLD-Equestrian-Textile-Engineering/186619360590?ref=ts) as it's easier to follow but if you're not on FB, I guess you check directly on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/ECOGOLD).

LAZ
Apr. 21, 2010, 11:25 PM
Lauren Kieffer won the Dubarry boots for best turned out!

Maryalden
Apr. 22, 2010, 12:59 AM
I may be a 46-year-old mother of four, but dear God is NZ rider Jonathan Paget attractive! :D

QHEventr
Apr. 22, 2010, 01:45 AM
Hey all!

Here are the photos I took today at Jog.....Hope you all enjoy! I had trouble uploading the last few, so unfortunatly.....none of the last few paris to jog.

http://community.webshots.com/album/577415900hdtQLc

Johanna

NeverTime
Apr. 22, 2010, 07:27 AM
I think Bonnie was wearing the fashion version of boots and breeches a la that thread a little while back with the fashion breeches. Those definitely aren't riding boots-- they have really pointy toes!

OK, looked more closely and you are right. It's not casual, it's just weird.
Love Hilda's big hat, not crazy about the DuBarry shorts, and yes, that guy from New Zealand is a total cutie patootie!

rileyt
Apr. 22, 2010, 07:45 AM
sigh... I can't help it... the French uniform hat always looks so silly to me.

Makes me always want to start speaking Franglish with my Inspector Clouseau accent!

retreadeventer
Apr. 22, 2010, 07:54 AM
Sometime between now, and Sunday morning, would somebody out there please take all our American riders to Kohls or TJ maxx or something and get them something to WEAR. YUCK. When Lauren walked up they must have gone, phew, finally, someone with a sense of style. Clashing colors, outdated looks, flop, more flop, ill fitting jackets, patterns that hurt your eyes, black pants. Black pants. More black pants. ???

SparklePlenty
Apr. 22, 2010, 08:16 AM
Flame suit on..

:)

But i loved Hawley Bennett's outfit.. :yes: I mean its a bit much for a Rolex jog - but it's fun and hip and rocks!

I also love Boyd! So i really hope his socks are gray, i would hate to think less of him for wearing white ones. :D

Yay for Rolex!

smokescreen
Apr. 22, 2010, 09:12 AM
Looks like Ian Roberts and Phillip Dutton swapped jackets before the jog. ;)

RacetrackReject
Apr. 22, 2010, 09:18 AM
I thought Hawley's outfit was cute as well. I mean she's young and hip and it suits her.

For some of the others, well, let's just say that I would be willing to pitch in to hire Robby as a stylist for them.

blazing saddles
Apr. 22, 2010, 10:19 AM
Tara Ziegler nailed it IMO. Great photo on USeventing of her. It's like a modeling shot.

evans36
Apr. 22, 2010, 10:40 AM
http://useventing.com/blog/?p=8912#more-8912

Awesome pics, thanks! It's so fun to be able to really look at these horses' conformations too - most of the time when I see pics of them it's under saddle. Loving it!

bambam
Apr. 22, 2010, 10:46 AM
:lol::lol:
I must admit that the first thought that popped into my head when I saw one of the pics was "You ran in a dress that short?! how lame is he?"
;)

Jazzy Lady
Apr. 22, 2010, 12:29 PM
Is P-Dutty colour blind or was his wife not there to dress him this morning?

What Bonnie is wearing on the top looks nice... I don't dig the faux equestrian look...

Hawley looks cute, but I think dark denim would have looked better than the white...

Lauren Kieffer looks great. I think her jog outfit is simple, classic and trendy. And suits her and her horse... same with Stephanie Rhodes-Bosch

Selena... showing a wee bit o' leg but I like her dress...

Mr Law looks good and I still LOVE Mara's orange coat.

Kim looks... warm.

I think Tara's outfit would have looked a lot better without the hot pink socks... they are a bit distracting...

okay, that's my breakdown ;) lol.

The ladies on the whole did a much better job presenting themselves than the men, no suprise really :p

The horses ALL look fantastic.

Ibex
Apr. 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
Chelan showed her usual fashion sense... and I KNOW there are those who have tried to get her dressed better! (She showed up at an awards presentation in old cut-offs a couple of years ago)

lalahartma1
Apr. 22, 2010, 01:59 PM
I would rather not see heels and dresses.

ohhthatgirl
Apr. 22, 2010, 02:47 PM
I loved Stephanie Rhodes-Bosch, Lauren Kieffer, and Lainey Ashker's outfits. They just looked really polished and conservative, even in a dress/skirt and heels. I also liked Jessica Hampf's, too. Simple, classic, and appropriate.

For the boys, I thought Michael Pollard, Boyd Martin, and Jonathan Paget (Yum.) did great jobs. A good suit can never go wrong.

bornfreenowexpensive
Apr. 22, 2010, 02:48 PM
Tara Ziegler nailed it IMO. Great photo on USeventing of her. It's like a modeling shot.

I agree...she looks great. I'm surprised she didn't win but I think she may be sponsored by Dubarry...and they may have dressed her.

bornfreenowexpensive
Apr. 22, 2010, 02:52 PM
I also love Boyd! So i really hope his socks are gray, i would hate to think less of him for wearing white ones. :D

Yay for Rolex!

Hell...if they were at least matching and clean I'd be proud of him. :lol:

I thought most people looked great! What I really liked is that the HORSES all looked fantastic!

kristinq
Apr. 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Hawley looks like a stripper in that outfit?

SevenDogs
Apr. 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Hawley looks like a stripper in that outfit?

Nope. She consistently favors a "working girl" approach to trot up attire and is not alone. Classic just isn't that hard, ladies. Several got it so right.

kristinq
Apr. 22, 2010, 03:46 PM
Right.

You can be "young and hip" as some people here have described it, while still remaining a look of professionalism and class. She clearly missed the ball on that one. I would be embarrassed if that was my instructor out there.

circusponydreams
Apr. 22, 2010, 04:09 PM
I think Kelly Prather nailed it - she looks clean and professional and fit. Loved Lauren Kieffer's and Stephanie Rhodes-Bosch's belted dresses, too.

Mara Dean's jacket is gorgeous, but it commits the cardinal sin of dressing for riding competitions - I'm looking at it instead of the horse! Not at all into the shorts and Dubarry boots, yikes.

Russell Hall
Apr. 24, 2010, 06:39 PM
I may be a 46-year-old mother of four, but dear God is NZ rider Jonathan Paget attractive! :D

Feel free to lust here: http://www.cliftoneventers.com/newsevents/cliftonpromise_jonathanpaget/large-14.html :winkgrin:

bornfreenowexpensive
Apr. 24, 2010, 10:23 PM
Feel free to lust here: http://www.cliftoneventers.com/newsevents/cliftonpromise_jonathanpaget/large-14.html :winkgrin:

He is a beautiful xc rider too! very impressive!

kookicat
Apr. 25, 2010, 06:05 PM
What I want to know is how the ladies managed to run in heels! I'd have done a face plant and got the horse spun! :winkgrin: