PDA

View Full Version : USEA Horse search results

yellowbritches
Apr. 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
So, I'm doing some entries for Vernon, and realize some of his results are missing from his evententries.com profile, so I looked up his results on USEA to fill in the blanks. Well, when his page comes up, all it shows, for each event, is if we had DR penalties (none), our final placing, and if we had any USEA points. No dressage score, no sj penalties, no xc penalties. I refreshed a few times...no good. Wondering if it just a fluke, I looked up the BFG's record. Same thing. Obviously, this is terribly unhelpful. Is this just a temporary glitch in the system? Hope so.... :confused:

eventerwannabe
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:03 PM
That is weird. I looked up my horse and got the same thing. However, if I looked up myself as the rider all of the scores were there. Hopefully just a glitch.

LexInVA
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the sexy-ass world of database administration. When you can't find something, chances are, it's there but only when you're looking at it upside-down.

Hilary
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:09 PM
I noticed that too and figured they changed it for some reason (Lex's description works for me). You can click through to the actual event result and see all the details, but I liked it when it was all there on the horse's page.

yellowbritches
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:11 PM
That is weird. I looked up my horse and got the same thing. However, if I looked up myself as the rider all of the scores were there. Hopefully just a glitch.
Sure enough...I didn't even think of that!

KateDB
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:15 PM
If you log in to the Dashboard (ie. you are a USEA member who has a log in), you can pull up ALL the detail you used to on the regular website. I'm assuming intent is to ensure horse information is accessible to members AND/OR they get your money in order for you to do research!

mjrtango93
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:17 PM
I just did this for my friends horses on event entries as well. Just click on the event name above the one you want and scroll to your division, it's all there. Kind of a pain in the butt though.

yellowbritches
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:51 PM
If you log in to the Dashboard (ie. you are a USEA member who has a log in), you can pull up ALL the detail you used to on the regular website. I'm assuming intent is to ensure horse information is accessible to members AND/OR they get your money in order for you to do research!
Kate, you know, I routinely forget my login info and forget to use the Dashboard. duh, I know...but let us all remember that my hair color is natural. :winkgrin:

For the record, I just entered Vernon in his first prelim...I can't decide if I should cry or puke. :eek::D

Xctrygirl
Apr. 21, 2010, 10:58 PM
Neither.... celebrate!!!

~Em

Joan from Flatlands
Apr. 22, 2010, 04:37 AM
Just call me computer stupid Joan but when I go to the login screen from the main page thru the dashboard, I cant figure out how to get back into the main website again. Advice?

Joan from Flatlands

canterlope
Apr. 22, 2010, 05:40 AM
Jo Whitehouse recently sent out an announcement stating that detailed horse/rider records would now only be available behind the dashboard.

Catalina
Apr. 22, 2010, 07:37 AM
Interesting. Does anyone know the reasoning behind that?

scubed
Apr. 22, 2010, 08:29 AM
Probably to keep the information at least semi-private and/or to (whether just to raise money or as an awareness of how often you might use a service and not be aware of it) to only allow members access to information that is much used and of interest

yellowbritches
Apr. 22, 2010, 08:44 AM
Em, the tears would be in celebration. :D

I don't think I like the fact that you can't just look up a horse's record. When did that email come out and how did I miss it?

GreyDun
Apr. 22, 2010, 08:45 AM
http://useventing.com/competitions.php?id=2347

LexInVA
Apr. 22, 2010, 08:46 AM
Em, the tears would be in celebration. :D

I don't think I like the fact that you can't just look up a horse's record. When did that email come out and how did I miss it?

Bout two weeks ago, it became official.

Gry2Yng
Apr. 22, 2010, 11:32 PM
Kate, you know, I routinely forget my login info and forget to use the Dashboard. duh, I know...but let us all remember that my hair color is natural. :winkgrin:

For the record, I just entered Vernon in his first prelim...I can't decide if I should cry or puke. :eek::D

Puke. It makes a better story later.

Gry2Yng
Apr. 22, 2010, 11:33 PM
Bout two weeks ago, it became official.

Guess that is just more phone calls for Sharon. ;)