PDA

View Full Version : Warmup rings at Rolex

DLee
Apr. 21, 2010, 07:58 AM
Are different. :( One of my all time favorite hangout spots, sitting on the grass and just watching.

Now they are built up on a small hill with steeply sloping sides. There is one grassy spot one could possibly sit, but I'm not sure if that will be open to sitting or not, it was hard to tell from the WEG dressage test yesterday, since it was not crowded.

Just kinda bummed.

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Apr. 21, 2010, 08:44 AM
oh big bummer!!! Yeah, I love watching warmup.

n2dressage
Apr. 21, 2010, 08:47 AM
Warm up is the BEST spot to watch!!! How mean of them to try to take it away! I would rather sit and watch dressage warmup than watch tests because you can learn so much more about how someone rides and trains their horse. Maybe they thought with the WEG they wouldn't have enough room in the same ole spot they've been using for years?

Regal Grace
Apr. 21, 2010, 11:48 AM
Are different. :( One of my all time favorite hangout spots, sitting on the grass and just watching.

Now they are built up on a small hill with steeply sloping sides. There is one grassy spot one could possibly sit, but I'm not sure if that will be open to sitting or not, it was hard to tell from the WEG dressage test yesterday, since it was not crowded.

Just kinda bummed.

Where is the warm up ring now in relation to the Grandstand? The old one was just outside the new grandstand by the announcers tower. I cannot imagine they would move it that far and everything around nearby is not particularly hilly.

Major bummer. That was one of my favorite things last year. My seating was in the Grandstand (Section 109) and I could go back and forth between my seat watching some of the warmups and then the tests.

Maybe with the upcoming WEG there is going to be a lot of pedestrian traffic and the riders and coaches don't want crowds around the warm up ring plus that way more people will have to buy seats for the dressage tests as opposed to people who prefer watching the warm up.

mustangsal85
Apr. 21, 2010, 12:24 PM
Boo!!

mcorbett
Apr. 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
double boo.

tuppysmom
Apr. 21, 2010, 06:45 PM
riders will be warmimg up in several rings. The ring just outside the grandstands will have the "next to go" rider, the next ring over will have 2 or 3 riders at a time, the other rings will have the larger group.

I hope everyone get to see plenty of riding.