PDA

View Full Version : New TB....what do you think? Sad update

jenarby
Apr. 20, 2010, 06:22 PM
This guy just came home Friday. I'm really excited to have him. He's been show locally and schooled a lot, hauled around as well. So far he's proven to be very level headed and nice to be around. Under saddle we are just getting to know each other. My pictures were from his first afternoon here and our first ride. He's a bit different than my two mares so I'm working really hard to keep him together! lol
Please don't be too harsh on my eq, I know where my faults/weaknesses are and have recently started working with a trainer to fix them. I'm hoping to event this guy....maybe get a few mini trials under our belt and then try something recognized once we figure each other out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/jenarby/DSC_0123.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/jenarby/DSC_0196.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/jenarby/DSC_0224.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/jenarby/DSC_0212-1.jpg

foxhavenfarm
Apr. 20, 2010, 06:28 PM
He is really cute!!

And as an aside, we are eventers...we don't give a darn about your EQ...which looks quite nice also BTW :winkgrin:

ohhthatgirl
Apr. 20, 2010, 06:30 PM
What a cute guy! I love his socks. Fancy :)

Wonderment
Apr. 20, 2010, 06:35 PM
Oh my, I really like this guy.

wyattsmom
Apr. 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
He is very adorable! I love the white on the face - no offense but bay TB's get old after a while - he is cute because he stands out :) Good luck with him!

jenarby
Apr. 20, 2010, 07:05 PM
Awwww...thank you! See me blushing??
wyattsmom....I had to laugh because I have two redheaded mares and really just LOVE a nice bay gelding. So I can never get tired of bays!

ohrebecca
Apr. 20, 2010, 07:17 PM
He is gorgeous! He's quite a looker and I love his movement. I think your eq is better than you think :)

(I'm owned by a redheaded mare, too!)

I<3Sleepy
Apr. 20, 2010, 07:41 PM
Jealoussssss.....my next horse is going to look like your guy! He's gorgeous - have fun with him!!

jumpsnake
Apr. 20, 2010, 08:08 PM
Very nice. That is my type of horse-- I'm jealous!

Ishi
Apr. 20, 2010, 08:20 PM
I love him, but then again, I loved him when I started him under saddle a few years ago :D

I am so flipping happy you have him Jen, and that you are having fun with him. Sometimes I really do think things happen with horses for a reason, we may not know why at the time, but it all works out. In a world where there are so many selfish people, it's so cool that there are people out there like his old owner who are so cool and so kind. I am just really excited to see what you two do together!

When you two are ready to do a rec event, you should come out to VA, you can stay here with him and come to some of our awesome events. Plus, it would be so cool for Dusty and I to see him (and you!) again.

Toadie's mom
Apr. 20, 2010, 08:21 PM
Love him! Looks like you'll have fun. He's marked like my new guy, whom I love, but my 1st love is also a red headed mare:winkgrin:

scubed
Apr. 20, 2010, 09:47 PM
seriously cute and exactly the type I like plus my favorite color, total bonus. Enjoy him!

retreadeventer
Apr. 20, 2010, 09:49 PM
Nice! Everyone needs a bay in their barn!

xitmom
Apr. 20, 2010, 10:08 PM
In one word... yummy! Have fun with him!

ivy62
Apr. 21, 2010, 09:42 AM
He will never make an eventer so I think you need to send him to me ASAP to be my endurance horse! Actually, very nice and very cute. You guys fab together, good luck! :-)

kookicat
Apr. 21, 2010, 09:45 AM
He's lovely. :D And there's nothing wrong with your EQ .

Catalina
Apr. 21, 2010, 11:07 AM
:D. Super lovely!

LKF
Apr. 21, 2010, 11:10 AM
You both look fantastic. I especially like the foam around his bit - a very good sign. What kind of bit are you working him in?

mpack
Apr. 21, 2010, 11:36 AM
The beginning of a promising partnership! He's elegant--best wishes for a future that exceeds your every expectation!

mcorbett
Apr. 21, 2010, 12:05 PM
Very very cute!! Impressed! What's his breeding (I'm a pedigree junkie)?

FlashGordon
Apr. 21, 2010, 12:09 PM
WOW he's a mess.... I'll take him off your hands, just tell me where to send the trailer.... ;)

Really he is lovely! Congrats and enjoy him!

dwblover
Apr. 21, 2010, 04:45 PM
I LOVE him ... and your eq!

jenarby
Apr. 21, 2010, 10:43 PM
First, thank you ALL for such nice compliments! It has been a while since I honestly could not wait to go ride each day. I am excited to see what he'll handle and what we can do.

LKF, In the pics I've got him in a single jointed d ring happy mouth. However, it is MUCH to soft for him. He hangs and pulls in it. So I switch to a level one mylar, loose ring that I had in my tack truck. His previous owner rode him in a french link, which I don't have...So far he's produced loads of foam with each ride.

mcorbett, He's Canadian bred, topside has Woodman (by Mr. P), Briartic and bottom side has Forty Niner and Nureyev
Just a few big names but enough to give him some nice back class.

Ishi....I'm thrilled as well! Thanks so much for helping me to make the decision to go ahead and bite the bullet! So far I couldn't be happier!

skip916
Apr. 21, 2010, 11:58 PM
dont know how i missed this thread earlier but he has ZERO potential for eventing so i think your best bet would be to just give him away... i will have a trailer waiting this weekend!

omg- what a cutie!!! lucky you!
please keep us updated!

imapepper
Apr. 22, 2010, 12:31 AM
Now why can I never find a horse like that when I am looking? I only seem to find greys :( :lol: I am so jealous :) He is gorgeous!!!! Love his face and your eq doesn't suck. Heck...straighten your wrists and drop your heel and you are ready to do an eq class :winkgrin: Not that you would necessarily want to do that :lol: Seriously...you look really nice on him :)

ivy62
Apr. 22, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hey guys,
I have first dibbs on him. he will not make a good eventer so I amw aiting for him at my barn.....heehee! He looks wonderful!

EqTrainer
Apr. 22, 2010, 10:14 AM
Congratlulations Jen, you deserve a nice horse! How is the wee girl.ready for a pony yet?!!

Gry2Yng
Apr. 22, 2010, 10:24 AM
Absolutely lovely.

IrishWillow
Apr. 22, 2010, 11:15 PM
Super, super cute! Congrats

carleigh012
Apr. 22, 2010, 11:29 PM
VERY cute. congrats and good luck :)

jenarby
Apr. 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
ivy, you are cracking me up!!
I promise if he ever turns out to be a total dud....I'll call you first! lol

imapepper....just let me know what you are looking for (except for my horse of course!) and I can look around for you. I originally bought this horse right off the track for a resale project. Sold him two years ago through Ishi who trained him and just recently got him back.

EqT....My munchkin is doing great!! She has her own QH waiting for her. We use him for a little bit of everything. She rides him with me or her grandfather. Already understands how to neck rein him and stop him. She gets mad if I don't let her steer!

jenarby
Jul. 29, 2010, 03:06 PM
I promised I'd give an update as Murphy and I got to know each other better.
So far we've done 3 Mini Horse Trials and were 2nd in two of them (finished on our dressage score). The third was a TE...would have been 2nd but I completely missed a fence on stadium. Complete rider error. I was pretty ticked at myself because Murphy was super!
I'm hoping to hit a few more MTs and then in the fall out Hunter Pace series starts. I've gained a ton of confidence in him with each show. Once we fine tune a few things on the flat I'm hoping for that illustrious 1st place!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159643&id=546573200&saved#!/photo.php?pid=4710384&id=546573200

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159643&id=546573200&saved#!/photo.php?pid=4710258&id=546573200&fbid=425817563200

He's extremely kind and gentle. He loves my daughter....I think the feeling is mutual...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159643&id=546573200&saved#!/photo.php?pid=4280877&id=546573200

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=159643&id=546573200&saved#!/photo.php?pid=4280882&id=546573200

Toadie's mom
Jul. 30, 2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks for updating, he looks fabulous! Here's a picture of my new guy at his 1st event. His 1st show, and my 1st in 4 1/2 yrs. Isn't it fun when you have one that's pleasant, and cooperative :D

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/learfan/?action=view&current=Jumperclass6-12-10.jpg

Sebastian
Jul. 30, 2010, 08:14 PM
OMG those pics with your daughter are giving me cavities!!!!!!

You both look great!!! Congratulations on a wonderful partnership!

Seb :)

arnika
Jul. 30, 2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the update, he looks fabulous! Your daughter is adorable with him. So nice to see your success.

Gestalt
Jul. 30, 2010, 10:06 PM
I am sick with laughing over the cavity comment. Good gawd that is funny!

Love your pictures, you and Murphy make a lovely team.

Toadie, great action shot!!!!

Gry2Yng
Jul. 30, 2010, 10:45 PM
OMG those pics with your daughter are giving me cavities!!!!!!

You both look great!!! Congratulations on a wonderful partnership!

Seb :)

^This. I am dying this is so sweet. Want me some! My daughter just turned three and today she chanted "Pony, Pony, Pony" for her daddy. Poor guy. He's doomed.

jenarby
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:34 PM
I just wanted to give you guys an update on Murphy.
Halloween morning I found him dead in my pasture. I'm devastated. I'd grown so attached and so bonded with him. I know there will never be another that could come close to replacing him. He turned out to be incredibly kind and gentle. We rode in 6 Mini Trials this summer winning one, 3 seconds, a 3rd and a 4th. We competed in four Hunter paces where we placed 3rd twice, 2nd once and 7th once. He went anywhere, and did anything I asked him. He carted my chicken butt around cross country and forgave every mistake I ever made. He was a true gem. Thanks again to all of you who posted previously on this thread. It gave me the courage to go ahead and try new things. I gained confidence with this horse, learned to trust him and had to many plans for the future. I was hoping to pass him along to my daughter eventually. I'm still trying to make sense of all of this....why things happen like this. He was only 8yrs old and seemed to be in great health (aside form being hefty). I'm so, so sad.
Please give your horses big hugs and kisses. You never know when something like this can happen.

Dawnd
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:38 PM
Halloween morning I found him dead in my pasture. I'm devastated. I'd grown so attached and so bonded with him. I know there will never be another that could come close to replacing him. He turned out to be incredibly kind and gentle. We rode in 6 Mini Trials this summer winning one, 3 seconds, a 3rd and a 4th. We competed in four Hunter paces where we placed 3rd twice, 2nd once and 7th once. He went anywhere, and did anything I asked him. He carted my chicken butt around cross country and forgave every mistake I ever made. He was a true gem. Thanks again to all of you who posted previously on this thread. It gave me the courage to go ahead and try new things. I gained confidence with this horse, learned to trust him and had to many plans for the future. I was hoping to pass him along to my daughter eventually. I'm still trying to make sense of all of this....why things happen like this. He was only 8yrs old and seemed to be in great health (aside form being hefty). I'm so, so sad.
Please give your horses big hugs and kisses. You never know when something like this can happen.

OMG - this is my nightmare. That one day, it is just over.

I am feeling so sad for you right now (and for everyone who has lost a horse).

Dawn

pinkdiamondracing
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:40 PM
OH NO!!!!!

So very very sorry!!! There are no words:cry::cry::cry:

ThirdCharm
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:40 PM
Oh no! Any idea what happened? I feel for you... I found my 20 year old TB stallion dead in his pasture one morning, he was in fabulous health, vet thought he had a massive stroke. Not a scuff mark on the ground, nothing.

Jennifer

farmgirl88
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:42 PM

so sorry for your loss! Prayers to both you and him and hoping that you find comfort and the fact that he most likely didnt suffer. My close friend just lost their two, older, prized dairy cows who were out to pasture for a few months. Both were found dead on two different morning and via necropsy the both had Aneurisms and didn't suffer. I have confidence that another trooper will enter your life one day. **HUgs**

Blugal
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:42 PM
So sorry to hear this.

foxhavenfarm
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:49 PM
So sorry for your loss!

jenarby
Nov. 2, 2010, 03:51 PM
Oh no! Any idea what happened? I feel for you... I found my 20 year old TB stallion dead in his pasture one morning, he was in fabulous health, vet thought he had a massive stroke. Not a scuff mark on the ground, nothing.

Jennifer

Well, at first our thoughts were colic....but after searching the area and investigating more...no signs of struggle at all. Nothing to show anything. So we are now thinking whatever did it, was very quick. Maybe an aneurysm or aortic rupture. I didn't have a necropsy done....because the end result is still the same. I'd prefer to think he didn't colic because I couldn't bare thinking that he may have suffered all night. Whatever it was, he went pretty quickly.

kookicat
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:15 PM
OMG, I'm so sorry. {{hugs}}

ThirdCharm
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:21 PM
There would have been signs if colic. BELIEVE ME. It must have been something quick then. That's, well, good. If anything is! So sorry!

Jennifer

VicariousRider
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:33 PM
My thoughts are with you. How very sad. It seems, though, that in his time with you he gave you so much. I hope that the wounds in your heart heal quickly.

ohrebecca
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:38 PM
Jen, I am so very sorry for your devastating loss. You were very blessed and lucky to have each other.

shygirl
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:40 PM
He was beautiful. How heartbreaking to lose him, especially so unexpectedly.
I'm so sorry.

cocopuff
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oh no! I am so very sorry for your loss. :cry:

ddashaq
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:45 PM
I am so very sorry.:(

Holly Jeanne
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:46 PM
I'm am so very, very sorry! :cry:

Dakotawyatt
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:46 PM
SO sorry for your loss.:(

hundredacres
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:47 PM
Oh God Jen......I'm so sorry. I wish i knew what else to say ~~ I'm really sad for this loss.

Equilibrium
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:50 PM
OMG - this is my nightmare. That one day, it is just over.

I am feeling so sad for you right now (and for everyone who has lost a horse).

Dawn

That quote says it all Dawn.

Jen,

I only just found this thread so I read all about Murphy and looked at all the pictures. I was so tickled to see he was from the Woodman line as many of them are extraordinary beautiful individuals.

And then I had to read the update. I am so sorry for you. I don't know why certain horses only come into our lives for the shortest of times, but even though the pain is monumental when we loose one, I am thankful they came to us no matter how short.

Big Hugs,
Terri

ivy62
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:52 PM
OMG Jen-
I am so sorry...He knows he was loved and that is worth it always.. HE was happy and as healthy as you could have made it for him.. HE has crossed the rainbow bridge with others like him..
<<<HUGS>>>

sunnycher
Nov. 2, 2010, 04:52 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I had the sweetest OTTB who taught me so much and we helped each other. I owned him for 4 years, he was very 'special needs', always getting hurt, had shivers, many cases of cellulitus, but a kinder, softer spirit I don't think I'll ever know. It hurts, but you gave him a great life and enjoyed each other. I'm sad for you today...

EventingJ
Nov. 2, 2010, 05:12 PM
So, so sorry :(

graytbmare
Nov. 2, 2010, 05:15 PM
Im so sorry :( There is no worse feeling than what you are going through right now. Just know that every good time you had with him was a good time he had too. From your pictures I can tell that you gave him such a good home and life while you had him. Keep trying to hold on to the good things you had with him. Again, so so sorry :(

DLee
Nov. 2, 2010, 05:39 PM
Wow, I am SO very sorry. :( He was incredibly lovely.

Auburn
Nov. 2, 2010, 05:53 PM
Oh, no! :sadsmile::sadsmile: I am so sorry to hear of you loss. He was truly a lovely boy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

onelanerode
Nov. 2, 2010, 05:54 PM
:( I am so sorry!

SisterToSoreFoot
Nov. 2, 2010, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. My OTTB dropped the pasture--no struggle--there and then gone. Like you, I didn't bother with an autopsy. My horse was 19 and it seemed way too young! It's a huge shock to the system. Kudos to you for developing such a wonderful relationship in the time you had.

bornfreenowexpensive
Nov. 2, 2010, 06:01 PM
so sorry....he was lovely.

FLeckenAwesome
Nov. 2, 2010, 07:14 PM
I'm so sorry!!!

There is always such a huge whole left in our hearts when they leave us, and he was obviously a super wonderful boy. You can tell the bond you and him and your family had just from the pictures. It's obvious he was very happy with you and enjoyed his life immensely.

I'm so sorry.

Toadie's mom
Nov. 2, 2010, 07:29 PM
I can't even imagine how devasated you must be. I'm so very sorry :cry:

EqTrainer
Nov. 2, 2010, 07:39 PM
I am so sorry Jen. Sometimes we just aren't given enough time with them and it is so very sad.

citydog
Nov. 2, 2010, 07:45 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy.

birdsong
Nov. 2, 2010, 07:47 PM
My heart goes out to you! You looked so happy in the saddle atop him.

You just NEVER know do you?!!

Try to look forward.

Hugs from Florida

Gry2Yng
Nov. 2, 2010, 07:50 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope he passed peacefully with visions of the lovely summer you had together.

Hevonen
Nov. 2, 2010, 08:21 PM
So sorry for your loss. :no:

I remember the first time I read this thread, and how I was struck by how absolutely beautiful your boy was! He might be gone, but not forgotten.

So so sad for you. )":

judybigredpony
Nov. 2, 2010, 08:32 PM
Jen...send me a PM..I have 2 freebies..a 5yr 15.2+ gorgeous liver chestnut mare and her trainer just wants a good home. Very elegant mover and sweet.

Or a drop dead fancy 2yr chestnut colt about 16h will need to be gelded same thing trainer just wants good sports horse home and both trainers I can vouch for as quality people. Both TB's still @ track...

I know they won't be Murphy no one ever will, and I know your pain believe me...But these 2 need love and can fill a void :)

TuxWink
Nov. 2, 2010, 08:35 PM
That is just horrible! I just found this thread as well and enjoyed looking at your photos together.

Somermist
Nov. 2, 2010, 08:40 PM
So very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

MimsEppi
Nov. 2, 2010, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss, Jen. <3

Debbie
Nov. 2, 2010, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry Jen. He was a lovely horse and it was obvious from the pics that he had become a part of your family.

FatDinah
Nov. 2, 2010, 08:56 PM
Our 31 yr old pony went the same way, found him lying peacefully in the sun one morning on the south side of the barn. My vet said it must have been a heart attack or aneurysm.

I always say he did me one last big favor, not making me have to decide one day to put him down.

If it is any comfort, Genuine Risk went just the same way, laid down in her pasture one morning and was gone when they checked her an hour later.

xitmom
Nov. 2, 2010, 09:32 PM
Jen, I am so sorry. He was such a lovely horse. At least you were fortunate to have known him and shared some great times together. I bet that he will live in your heart forever. Big hugs.

jenarby
Nov. 2, 2010, 09:46 PM
Thank you all for the kind word and PMs!
I do still have my mare to keep me busy. I kind of put her on the backburner when Murphy showed up because she's green and he wasn't. :)

I love Woodman babies. Every one of them I've had have had exceptional minds. Someday I may look into finding another bay gelding....I've had chestnut mares for years! I do have one of my own racehorses that I have had dibs on for a year and a half. So I'm trying to be patient.
In the meantime I gallop him and then do a little ring work afterward. ;)

Losing Murphy so suddenly has filled me with more sadness than I can recall having for any other animal I've ever owned. He was just one of the really special ones.

Ishi
Nov. 2, 2010, 09:59 PM
Jen, you know how sorry I am. I remember way back when trying to talk you into keeping him before you set him to me. Then the way it worked out with his last owner and you getting him back, I was beyond tickled, it was just meant to be. He was a fantastic young horse to work with, we all loved him and it was so cool to watch him compete with you and do so well. I am just so stinking sorry this happened to you and him, he was a very special horse.

Acertainsmile
Nov. 2, 2010, 10:05 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, that is just beyond devastaing. :(

fooler
Nov. 3, 2010, 12:30 AM
So sorry for your loss:cry:

bizbachfan
Nov. 3, 2010, 08:13 AM
What a gorgeous animal! What a lovely pair you were. You hold onto those lovely memories and photos. I am crying just thinking about it. So glad you got to have the time with him that you did. HUGS to you. You won't find another like him but you will find another that will capture your heart some day.

NMK
Nov. 3, 2010, 09:14 AM
Ah Jen, I am so very sorry. Hugs.

Nancy

Lori T
Nov. 3, 2010, 09:44 AM
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. How devastating.

WWGeorgeMorrisD
Nov. 3, 2010, 09:59 AM
This is so sad. I am so sorry. RIP.

texang73
Nov. 4, 2010, 02:37 PM
So so very sorry for your loss. :sadsmile:

jenarby
Nov. 4, 2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks again for all the kind words. I've been feeling a bit numb and just all over sad. Maybe I could have dealt with it a little better if it hadn't been so unexpected and sudden on an otherwise healthy animal.

can't re-
Nov. 4, 2010, 04:20 PM
How awful, I am so sorry......:(

JanWeber
Nov. 4, 2010, 05:42 PM
Jen - it leaves a hole in your heart no matter when or how, but yes - unexpected is worse. I bought my first horse, Oxford Blue, back when we were still boarding. Never forget the 5 AM phone call from the barn owner's husband. I had just had my appendix out and was just to a point where I could get on a horse. I just couldn't get my arms around the fact that she was gone.

rhymeswithhalter
Nov. 5, 2010, 01:21 PM
so very, very sorry Jen. He was just gorgeous and you two looked amazing together. <<hugs>>