PDA

View Full Version : Where is the jog for Rolex?

Honu
Apr. 20, 2010, 12:11 AM
Where on the park is the jog located on Wednesday? I was thinking of going over, thanks!

mustangsal85
Apr. 20, 2010, 12:41 AM
I was going to ask this as well - and what time does it start so I know when I should get there? I want to go to the jog on Saturday and possibly Sunday as well.

saje
Apr. 20, 2010, 06:29 AM
It's usually on the road between the Event stabling and the stadium rings, right next to the (now closed) Grill On The Hill. Where the shops are set up at the bigger events.

But with all the construction going on at the park, they may very well have moved the jog location. Is there no mention on the website? I haven't looked at it for a while.

Oh, and Weds' jog is at 3 pm, Sunday's is at 8 am. Sunday's viewing area fills up fast and early, so if you go you'll have to be up with the dawn :) There's no inspection on Saturday.

Gryhrs
Apr. 20, 2010, 08:21 AM
I thot I read in COTH that the jog has been moved....somewhere up by the tower for steeplechase. Not sure if the move was for Wed's jog or not. I'll try and find the article.

hamsterpoop
Apr. 20, 2010, 08:58 AM
Yes, I read in COTH that it was moved over by the steeplechase track. I don't know if there is any sort of hard surface over there todo it on. Maybe they put something in with all the construction going on. Obviously, I don't know for sure either!

Show Secy
Apr. 20, 2010, 10:29 AM
Here is the info from EEI sent to volunteer chiefs:

First Horse Inspection - Wednesday, April 21, 3:00 p.m.

We will be using the new permanent Horse Inspection Lane just constructed at the bottom of the terrace seating overlooking the High Hope Steeplechase Course. The new lane is to be used for the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games and will be used for the first time at the April Kentucky Cup Test Events. There will be horse inspections for the Dressage and Show Jumping Test
Events and Dressage will be the first user. The High Hope Inspection Lane will become the permanent inspection lane for Rolex Kentucky.

This is located on the west side of the steeplechase track, east of the upper hunter rings.

saje
Apr. 20, 2010, 03:37 PM
Very cool, Thanks!

mcorbett
Apr. 20, 2010, 04:12 PM
oh man, glad I read this. It's not too far from where it was but I would have been stressed if I didn't get a good spot due to wandering around! I'm gunna get there EARLY!! It's my favorite part!!!

mustangsal85
Apr. 20, 2010, 04:52 PM
OK this is dumb but could anyone give me some pointers on getting there from the parking lot? I've been to the Park several times but I can never remember where anything is, and I haven't been to the Steeplechase Track since they had the roads and tracks and steeplechase phase.

frappuccino
Apr. 20, 2010, 09:47 PM
I would love to go to the jogs but was wondering if you need tickets to get in for Wednesday? I have a 4 day GA pass but I figure that's Thurs-Sun....
Or do we just need to pay for parking?

Thanks!