PDA

View Full Version : County Drespri - Seat Sizing

belleellis
Apr. 19, 2010, 09:05 PM
I am considering a County Drespri. I currently trail ride and hunter pace both at some speed and distance. Recently started dressage lessons. My end goal is to do maiden eventing, dressage to first level and some of the local hunter/jumper shows :) yes I am a chicken riding a large pony. The pony is going to be pretty darn good at dressage and I think might go further. I really like the County saddles. I have seen reviews that due to the deepseat that this is not always a loved saddle for jumping. (I think 2'3" is my max). I am wondering if since the seat is so deep if you need to go up half a size or so. Anyone have any experience?

islgrl
Apr. 20, 2010, 10:58 AM
I did not have to go up a size when I had mine. I really did like this saddle. It is very comfortable to jump in , and while you may have to compromise a bit in terms of a true "dressage" saddle it is not a huge compromise.

belleellis
Apr. 22, 2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks so much islgrl. It is on its way for a 7 day trial period. I really like the County and like the concept. Did not want to pay shipping both ways if it was just for sure going to be a no fit situation. I am hopeful it will work for me and the pony. Found it in an x-wide as I have read the tree runs small. They did tell me it measures more like a wide. I tried another saddle that runs that way and the x-wide fit him. I about died!

asterix
Apr. 22, 2010, 09:50 PM
I agree - I had one for several years and evented through novice and a little training (so 3'3") in it. I found it very comfortable to jump in -- I suspect I would have eventually wanted "more" xc but what finally sent me shopping was an improvement in my own position for dressage...
but for what you're looking at it could be perfect!
I don't remember needing a different seat size for it.
Good luck!