PDA

View Full Version : anyone's trainer planning on doing the T3De or the P3DE?

RunForIt
Apr. 19, 2010, 07:10 PM
just wondering...and wondering how do we support trainers doing this? :confused: :cool:

flea
Apr. 19, 2010, 07:17 PM
Do you mean trainers doing it or their students? Not that it matters I guess. I think one of the best ways is to volunteer to help at the event! Event though I haven't done the 3D, I am old and only doing Novice right now. I have written notes to the organizers expressing my support and thanks for all the effort it takes.

vbunny
Apr. 19, 2010, 07:41 PM
Volunteering is a huge way to help and support, sending letters of support to organizers and owners. For your own trainer you can offer to groom, if they are broke you can help with a fundraiser even, or help take over some of the chores at home. Any little thing that gets the job further along and helps people feel the love. What a great question :).

RunForIt
Apr. 19, 2010, 08:29 PM
I do think volunteering is essential, but what I'm asking is, similar to Ruthie Harbison, Gina Miles, or Doug Payne, ...is your TRAINER aiming a horse at one of the LF events? :cool: I hope one that I work with will... :D the more that do, the deeper the roots of the LF will go and flourish! We need to make sure any trainer who does do one of the LF events is on the USEA radar!!!! and all of ours who want these events to continue...:cool:

RiverBendPol
Apr. 19, 2010, 08:34 PM
I am working on GENTLY PERSUADING my coach to take her moving-up-to-Prelim-this-summer-horse to the T3D at GMHA in August. I am doing the same AND enabling my daughter to do the same with her T horse and I am considering doing the N3D with my about-to-move-up-to-Training-fingers-crossed-horse at GMHA too.
The more people/horses we can get actually DOING these Long Formats, the better. Put on the pressure, kids. Full format ROCKS..........Nothing like it in the world. These events are INCREDIBLE learning venues for you and your horses.

ss3777
Apr. 19, 2010, 09:27 PM
If she had the right horse my boss would be doing a 3DE but for now she settles on helping students qualify, etc.

I think at some point a list of trainers that have a record of supporting the long format will be helpful. For now check out:

www.longformatclub.com

and you can discover for yourself who is helping the long format live on!! We have a list of folks that donate, an advisory council, directors and of course volunteers. Join the fun today!

LFC....Pass It On!!

Susan,
LFC social networks coordinator

CookiePony
Apr. 19, 2010, 10:03 PM
just wondering...and wondering how do we support trainers doing this? :confused: :cool:

You can show them the Doug and Gina article. :D

(Hopefully a pdf of it and other T3D articles will be on the USEA site soon...)

WakeRider
Apr. 19, 2010, 10:12 PM
Best way to support trainers.... 10 minute box!

deltawave
Apr. 19, 2010, 10:33 PM
I know my trainer is planning on taking her young horse (I think he's 6 or 7) to a T3D as a final prep for moving up to Preliminary. Either the one at South Farm or the one in October in Kentucky, but it depends on what her *** horse is doing. She doesn't really have any horses going Prelim right now, just Training and Advanced. :lol:

I don't have one anywhere near ready for a one-star, but am personally aiming Keebler for a T3D and if Bonnie could get there too that would be just AWESOME. :yes: