PDA

View Full Version : Rolex test ride - help needed

NeverTime
Apr. 19, 2010, 03:00 PM
So excited to say that none other than my pony's "other mother," reigning US Paralympic champion Becca Hart, is scheduled to perform the dressage test ride at Rolex!

Please come out at 9 a.m. Thursday to cheer her on!

This is a nice opportunity to raise awareness of Paraequestrian and eventing fans to get an idea of just how strong our Paraequestrians are. Unfortunately, Becca won't be riding her longtime partner (he's been on some pre-WEG R&R and is just coming back into work) so she'll be doing the ride on a borrowed horse she's been riding for the past month or so. That should add to the degree of difficulty!

In any case, they are on the way to Rolex and realized en route that no one packed a video camera. Any COTHers going to be on hand and able to video/post to youtube? Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see it!

RAyers
Apr. 19, 2010, 03:50 PM
That is so fuc&*g cool! Congratulations to you, Becca and Hal (the son).

gchildean
Apr. 19, 2010, 04:31 PM
I told my mom (who lives in Erie, Pa) and she is going to put the word out to all the local Pony Clubbers who are going. Someone is bound to have a video camera. Its so cool to have 2 girls from Erie at Rolex!

scubed
Apr. 19, 2010, 05:00 PM
Hilda's groom has a camera and would be happy to do it. I will put Missy in touch with him. Is there anyone else I should let know.

NeverTime
Apr. 19, 2010, 05:19 PM
Scubed - That would be super, and you know all involved so even easier. Thanks, chica!

Yes, Reed, I totally agree. :cool:

Hopefully they get a decent turnout and do a great test to wow the crowds!

GChildean - Go Team Erie! Two girls with equally improbable stories and both stars ... what do they put in the water up there?!!?

gchildean
Apr. 19, 2010, 05:26 PM
GChildean - Go Team Erie! Two girls with equally improbable stories and both stars ... what do they put in the water up there?!!?

Snow....lots of snow