PDA

View Full Version : Volcano means Woodburn may be PD's 4th ride at Rolex!

roki143
Apr. 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
http://duttonweg.blogs.equisearch.com/2010/04/volcano-and-woodburn.html

PD is going to be one busy man!

eqsiu
Apr. 19, 2010, 10:27 AM
Well, he routinely rides 6 at events, maybe this will seem like a light weekend?

I wish I was going...

nomeolvides
Apr. 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
Well, he routinely rides 6 at events, maybe this will seem like a light weekend?
I don't think that can compare to 4* though, hey ;) :D

KSevnter
Apr. 19, 2010, 10:44 AM
Wouldn't be the first time for him to ride 4 at Rolex. Pretty sure he rode 2 in the LF and two in the SF the year he finished second in both divisions. Either way it is amazing.

blazing saddles
Apr. 19, 2010, 11:38 AM
I more surprised Phillip has a blog. lol. Who knew.

Ajierene
Apr. 19, 2010, 11:54 AM
That scares me. The more horses you run, the greater your fatigue. I know this is Phil Dutton, but he's still human. I would worry about his abilities by the end of cross country day.

kdjace80
Apr. 19, 2010, 11:58 AM
He'll be fine

LSM1212
Apr. 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
I more surprised Phillip has a blog. lol. Who knew.

That's what I thought! But you can see it was actually posted by Evie Dutton. :D

Good luck to PD.

LisaB
Apr. 19, 2010, 01:05 PM
I am first surprised at how few folks are traveling here since the WEG is going to be at the same venue. Now, I'm thinking, hmmm, what about the air quality over there? Is it going to be clear enough to actually run Badminton?

nomeolvides
Apr. 19, 2010, 01:11 PM
I am first surprised at how few folks are traveling here since the WEG is going to be at the same venue. Now, I'm thinking, hmmm, what about the air quality over there? Is it going to be clear enough to actually run Badminton?
As far as I know conditions on the ground are absolutely fine.

TXnGA
Apr. 19, 2010, 01:50 PM
The small number of international competitors is probably due to the fact that they are not wanting to ship their horses oversease more than they have to, i.e. only once vs two times for Rolex and WEG. The flight over is pretty long plus quarantine. That is why there were more international riders last year, to test out the KY horse park and see all about it: venue, stabling, courses, etc....

Most of the int'l riders here this year either have to run for a qualify for WEG, or they have one too many horses for badminton, other 3 days, etc... that or they want to make sure they get around and if they don't, they have other 3 days to fall back on before WEG.

And a lot of teams are saving their horses for WEG if the horse/ rider is already qualified and they are wanting to keep them sound and in good condition...

FairWeather
Apr. 19, 2010, 02:19 PM
The international field at Rolex was bountiful last year for the reasons TXnGA stated.

LisaB
Apr. 20, 2010, 07:07 AM
Duh, makes sense!

retreadeventer
Apr. 20, 2010, 08:01 AM
Lisa when we were looking up prep horse trials that some riders use we found they are working on two year schedules. Many events for the horses planned out two years in advance. Amazing what has to happen when you get to that level. No wonder they are under such pressure.

LisaB
Apr. 20, 2010, 09:54 AM
And I can't even plan my Spring right ...