PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Show Coat?

CanadianBlue
Apr. 17, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm looking for a new eventing coat. I tried the ones on in my tack store but wasn't overly thrilled at the quality for the price. What are your favorite eventing show coats?

vbunny
Apr. 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
I have a Pikeur I love... BUT I just got an Equine Athletic coat with stretch that I am totally in love with. So amazingly comfy, no restricted movement and it is cut so well. I did have to get the waist taken in, but I always do, so that doesn't count. Love it. They have an Event/Dressage style one too, gorgeous. Go to VictoryCanter.com. They are very reasonably priced, and great service.

graytbmare
Apr. 18, 2010, 10:37 AM
I just got a Shires for next to nothing and its by far the best tailored coat off the rack Ive ever had. Planning on using it for dressage, but I love it so much I might end up jumping in it too! Got it at the Cheshire Horse, they were great with the questions and even special ordered my size it at no extra cost. Def recommend!

RiverBendPol
Apr. 19, 2010, 06:29 AM
Pikeur Diana. Mine is 20+ years old and still looks brand new. Big initial investment but lasts forever.

RunForIt
Apr. 19, 2010, 06:37 AM
Pikeur Diana. Mine is 20+ years old and still looks brand new. Big initial investment but lasts forever.

my favorite coat too...BUT, mine is the smallest made (size 6) and its scads too big...am gonna break down and take it to a really good tailor this summer to get an estimate of what it will cost to alter it - ACK!!! :cool: Want to be able to wear the damn thing now that neck is getting better AND Rasta is learning to be an event horse via the h/j ring.:lol: :cool:

eventrider
Apr. 19, 2010, 08:18 AM
I LOVE all my RJ Classics coats. www.rjclassics.com

I just got the new cross over jacket and I cant wait to wear it!!!

scubed
Apr. 19, 2010, 01:14 PM
Love my Pikeur Doreen that I have had for 13 years. Still in great shape. I did see Kim Severson was wearing a coat I really liked at Fair Hill over the weekend and it was this one: http://www.mysalino.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=Riem&Category_Code=EEA (thought the collar was navy velvet with cream embroidery)