PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecasts for Rolex??

vineyridge
Apr. 17, 2010, 01:12 PM
I just looked, as I am packing. Right now, it seems to be unseasonably hot here and unseasonably cold there. For the rest of the week through Thursday, Lexington will have spring weather--highs in the 70s, lows in the forties. Friday a chance of rain comes in.

Does anyone know about the Saturday and Sunday forecasts?

I know that I shouldn't pack for mid eighties heat, but am baffled about how many layers to plan for.

saje
Apr. 17, 2010, 02:53 PM
I plan for everything from 80s & blazing sun to monsoon rains to 40s & windy -- because you can indeed get all of that in one weekend there... :lol:

The good news is that if you are missing a layer (hot or cold) you can usually get it there, and if not there is a Kmart, a Walmart, and a Meijer's w/in easy reach of the park.

You should see the size of the rolling duffel I bring!

Here's the current 10 day forecast for Lexington, sigh...
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USKY1079

pegasusmom
Apr. 17, 2010, 04:29 PM
This looks better than it has been - last time I looked it was 60% chance of rain and high of 69. I am a weather.com junkie, but still plan on being prepared for ANYTHING.

deltawave
Apr. 17, 2010, 04:44 PM
Bring multiple pairs of shoes. Even if it's dry and you're fit as a fiddle, it feels very nice to change into something else when your tack shlepping and course-walking are done!

BuddyRoo
Apr. 17, 2010, 04:45 PM
Best bet is that EVERYONE packs rain gear. If you don't, it is SURE to rain and be cold and nasty. If we all pack our gear, then it's usually quite nice. Whomever doesn't pack rain gear is the sod who is responsible for the bad weather!!!!

I took gear last year (after 4 prior years of crap weather as I recall) and didn't need it. FINALLY. LOL

BuddyRoo
Apr. 17, 2010, 04:46 PM
Delta--are you going this year?

Reason I ask is that I'm driving down with an empty car this year for the first time. I have room for anyone who might want to car pool!

deltawave
Apr. 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
Yes, Erika and I are going--I saw your thread, but the timing doesn't work--I'm on call Thursday night so can't skip town until 7am Friday, and we need to be back by Sunday afternoon. Would've been fun, though! :) Are you going to LAZ's get-together?

lstevenson
Apr. 17, 2010, 11:43 PM
Best bet is that EVERYONE packs rain gear.

Maybe if EVERYONE brings their rain gear it won't rain. ;):cool:

I'm hoping for a weather repeat of last year, which was perfect.