PDA

View Full Version : Easyboot glove

SonnysMom
Apr. 4, 2010, 04:17 PM
I got a pair for Gloves for the hind feet on my horse. I rode in them for the first time yesterday. I started on the lunge line and then in the ring. The ring is stone dust but isn't very deep. I then took a 20 min walk trot down the road.

When I went to take the boots off there was dirt in the bottom of one boot and ring dirt in the gaiter behind the heel bulb in the other boot.

Did I not put then on correctly? Do they not fit correctly? Any thoughts?

decorum
Apr. 4, 2010, 06:13 PM
How much dirt? Some is going to get in and that is fine but if there was tons then they are probably too big.

Ann Szolas

jazzrider
Apr. 5, 2010, 01:09 PM
It sounds to me like they may be a bit big. I ride my horse with gloves on the back out on trail, and really never get anything inside the boot. Be sure you're attaching the gator well enough -- it's okay to overlap if you need to.

SonnysMom
Apr. 5, 2010, 08:07 PM
I will try them again and make sure the gaiter is tight enough. I did overlap it. I did the test kit. I couldn't get the 0 on, I am using the 0.5 and the 1 was too large. When I used the test kit the 0.5 seemed to fit well.
I don't plan on using them in the ring normally. That was for the test ride. I plan to only use them on rocky trails. He seems to have good feet but there are a few places I trail ride that are pretty rocky.

decorum
Apr. 5, 2010, 08:36 PM
If you do find they are too big then you can take up a little room with thin pads in them like the 6 mm comfort pads. I am actually going to use some thick dome pads in my horse's Gloves but they have already been squished so the edges are almost nothing but the center can fill in his concavity. I am currently working on the best setup for my new boy, he is still growing so it will continue to change.

Ann Szolas

Bootlegger
Apr. 25, 2010, 09:47 AM
You can also use some Mueller athletic tape around the hoof wall below the coronet band. Buy the 1.5 inch tape from any large pharmacy.

I wrap it around the rear hooves three times on one of my horses if I know I'm going onto a rough trail. Unlike vet wrap, the athletic tape becomes sticker and tacky with heat and humidity. It really helps that fit stay snug.

I also find some dust or sand can get in, but there should not be much. If the boot is a little on the large side, then tightening the gaiter won't help much. But try the tape.

Bet of luck.

Kevin

SonnysMom
Apr. 27, 2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestion on the tape.