PDA

View Full Version : Alice Stuebling-Salm - Ocala Couple Identified as Victims in Mid-Air Plane Crash

SerenaGinger
Mar. 25, 2010, 01:46 PM
link to dressage daily article (http://dressagedaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5035:popular-ocala-couple-identified-as-victims-in-mid-air-plane-crash&catid=335:march-2010)

The Levy County (Florida) Sheriff's Office identified the last two victims of the March 20th mid-air plane crash as Rainer Salm and his wife Alice Stuebling-Salm. Salm, 60, and Stuebling-Salm, 35, of Morriston, Florida, owned and operated the aeronautic company Aro Wings, LLC. In 2003 the couple both from Germany, moved from south Florida to the Ocala region where Alice Stuebling-Salm a dressage trainer and rider owned and operated Whispering Dream Farm a 100 acre Dressage Training facility close to Ocala HITS. She was also a realtor who owned and operated her own brokerage firm Homes and Ranches LLC.

lorilu
Mar. 25, 2010, 02:24 PM
Alice was a member of our local GMO. I think all her horses - many of them rescues - have been placed. It is a sad loss.

Loretta

Leena
Mar. 25, 2010, 05:58 PM
I did not know her. That is a terrible news.

My condoleances to the family and friends.

dwblover
Mar. 25, 2010, 06:45 PM
Such sad news. They were doing something they loved, but not very comforting for family and friends. So glad to hear all the horses were placed.

Blugal
Mar. 25, 2010, 08:50 PM
I have very reliable information that nothing at all has been done about the horses. Due to the suddenness of this accident, there are very much "stepped in because there was nobody else" care-takers on the farm who will not be doing anything with the horses until their legal ownership, and provisions for their care, are sorted out.

If anybody knew these people and are willing to help, please go over and offer! PM me if needed.

Blugal
Mar. 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
bump

lorilu
Mar. 26, 2010, 11:19 AM
Well, I PERSONALLY know someone who has taken a horse.
You can contact me in Ocala if you want a contact to the situation. I am not comfortable posting the contact's info here.

Loretta

STF
Mar. 26, 2010, 11:27 AM
Oh man! Im sorry to hear this.
Alice was a nice woman and so darn young.
:(

Blugal
Mar. 26, 2010, 11:38 AM
I have no dog in this fight, Loretta. Just trying to help. I personally know the people who stepped in and look after all the animals. Straight from them, they do not want to be, without any authority, moving/giving away horses whose legal ownership in unknown, to people they don't know.

lorilu
Mar. 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
'K. no prob.
Just hoping they all find homes - especially the rescues. Ocala is really flooded with rescue cases now, lots of give a ways.... (as I guess everywhere is).

(I had just read this after another thread that got my ire up.... and I am SO TIRED of negativity.... no excuses, sorry.)

But I do have a contact here in Ocala - a boarder and close friend of Alice's - and she was telling us about the situation at the Stride meeting Tuesday.
L

Barn Boss
May. 18, 2010, 07:51 AM
loretta

My husband and I became friends with Alice and Rainer a couple years ago thru horses, real estate. Rainer and my husband were working on a business venture together. We were concerned that Rainer wasn't returning our communications; then I happen to read Alice's obituary in the chronicle. Shocking to say the least. I am new to forums etc and would like to make contact with you or anyone of their friends but I don't know how we communicate privately so i can get some information. We live in Virginia

Look forward to hearing from you
Pam

cottagefarm
May. 18, 2010, 12:34 PM
Last I heard a few weeks ago is that all the horses are placed/sold.
Alice's mother, friend and I believe sister flew to Ocala to take care of things.
Alice and Reiners next door neighbor, Kim, took care of the horses until the family arrived and helped find homes for the horses.

Life is precious. Don't take anything or anybody for granted !

EasyStreet
May. 18, 2010, 01:13 PM
Been to her website before looking at properties...Tradgic!

Kareen
May. 18, 2010, 02:41 PM
Oh no! She was a friend on Facebook. 35 is so young to die. I'm sorry :(

SerenaGinger
May. 18, 2010, 04:21 PM
Oh no! She was a friend on Facebook.

If anyone knows Alice's family, they might want to mention that her facebook page is still up and a few people have tried to contact her via her facebook.