PDA

View Full Version : Best brands of polo wraps/bandages for dressage?

Cat - OnceUponADressageDream
Mar. 23, 2010, 08:18 AM
Hi all,
I am looking for some decent bandages to stock up on as I'm not happy with many types of boots available over here, and also am sick of trying to keep together a set for each horse as they are all slightly different leg sizes!

I am in Australia and have found that there is poor selection of quality bandages here - most you wouldn't dream of using without padding.

What brands/types of bandages readily available can you recommend? I'm looking to have them shipped to Aus so easy postal order is a necessity.

Thanks,
Cat.

Phaxxton
Mar. 23, 2010, 08:38 AM
My favorite polo wraps by far are Champion brand. They hold up to tons of washing (I wash after every use) and wrap nicely. They are widely available online, so hopefully you can find a place that ships to Australia.

I absolutely hate the SmatPak brand polo wraps. They are way too wide and wrap terribly.

joiedevie99
Mar. 23, 2010, 09:45 AM
I like the Professional's Choice combo wraps and the Eskadron climatex polos. Both are half padding and half exercise bandage material.

Nojacketrequired
Mar. 23, 2010, 11:17 AM
Deoends what you're looking for.
If it's support, I like these: http://www.greenhawk.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-BAB2155.html?L+scstore+klvj6286ffca48ca+1269366416

Plus they last forever.

If it is just for cushioning if they bang themselves, I can't help.

NJR

Calhoun
Mar. 23, 2010, 03:43 PM
Eskadron

esdressage
Mar. 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
I like the Professional's Choice combo wraps and the Eskadron climatex polos. Both are half padding and half exercise bandage material.

Are the Eskadron Climatex wraps worth the cost? It's over $120 for all four, but I was looking at them because they provide especially good airflow and protection. Really spendy for wraps though…

Eireamon
Mar. 23, 2010, 09:14 PM
Cat I am in NZ and use Eskadron polos. We can get them here from a saddlery called Stirrups who are online. It might be easier to get them here than in the US. Our dollar is half the US.

myrna
Mar. 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
I second the Professional Choice combo wraps.I have also cut Saratoga bandages in half then sewn them onto regular polo's.Works the same as the combo wraps.

SBrentnall
Mar. 25, 2010, 06:48 PM
I LOVE m Eskadrons. I went with the Climatex underlayers with Eskadron training wraps on top. That way, I can still use the underlayers with regular polo wraps. I bought mine at Calevo in Germany..

Underlayers: http://www.calevo.com/cgi-bin/calevo/process/locale/en_US/page/1180601.html

Training wraps: http://www.calevo.com/cgi-bin/calevo/process/locale/en_US/page/1180201.html

GimmeQs
Mar. 25, 2010, 07:12 PM
I also love the Eskadron Climatex wrap!!

Truthiness
Mar. 26, 2010, 01:35 AM
i do exactly what SBrentnall does. those are killer prices on the climatex wraps!

arabiansrock
Mar. 26, 2010, 02:14 AM
me too, i use the eskadron wraps with polos over for my mare who had a fractured splint bone in front. this is how the vet wants her wrapped to protect the leg. works like a charm.
arabsrock

alexandra
Mar. 26, 2010, 03:45 PM
Are the Eskadron Climatex wraps worth the cost? It's over $120 for all four, but I was looking at them because they provide especially good airflow and protection. Really spendy for wraps though…

What ???? How much are they in the US ???? they are around 32€ per pair in Germany = 64€ 1€ = 1,35 - 1,40 at the moment. That is around 86 to 90 USD. Don't you know someone going to europe or soemone coming to the US from Germany ?

Cat - OnceUponADressageDream
Mar. 29, 2010, 03:20 AM
Thanks everyone :)

I can get the Eskadrons here if they seem to be best, I might try out just the pads at that price though! All the pads apart from the Eskies I can find are pretty crappy, but using the Esky pads with my gazillions of cheap polos might be best for now, I like to keep them clean, have several horses and can't afford more than one set of the Esky wraps at the moment!

Luckily it is going into the cooler weather over here now so less risk of overheating whatever I use, but the Climatex pads do sound worthwhile.

Thanks all :)