PDA

View Full Version : Dressage in Des Moines, Iowa?

Cowgirl
Mar. 22, 2010, 06:52 PM
Is there any? Anyone out there who knows about Des Moines dressage scene, would love to have names of trainer/barns/shows/organizations, and any feedback. On this thread or pm. Thanks!

TheParisienne
Mar. 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
Look for the Iowa Dressage & Eventing Association. Used to be called the Iowa Dressage & Combined training assn.

There are several Iowans here on the board, hopefully they will have some good references. I know names but it's been years since I've been there. There are a few very good ones, but the pickings are very slim.

mjhco
Mar. 22, 2010, 07:39 PM
Is there any? Anyone out there who knows about Des Moines dressage scene, would love to have names of trainer/barns/shows/organizations, and any feedback. On this thread or pm. Thanks!

Of COURSE there is dressage in Iowa!

http://www.iadcta.org/

I was one of the first members a million years ago.

Thinkinf about moving?

Silver~Image~Farm
Mar. 23, 2010, 09:03 AM
You could also check with USDF.org calendar of competitions.;)

GrayCatFarm
Mar. 23, 2010, 10:55 AM
We Iowa COTHers are always happy to welcome new faces - whether eventing, hunters, jumpers or dressage. SparkyBoy will tell you that we will start a dinner party at the drop of a hat for a potential "recruit"!

HMM
Mar. 23, 2010, 11:02 AM
Sent you a PM.

eventer4ever
Mar. 31, 2011, 12:35 PM
Glad I found this thread....my husband has a 2nd interview in Sioux City in 3 weeks! I have briefly started googling about barns/dressage, but haven't come up with anything besides the IaDCTA, which looks like an awesome organization.

Is anyone out there is the Sioux City area? I am also a NARHA Regsitered Instructor and a Program Manager at a large center in Indiana and I would love to continue that line of work, but when I did a search on the NARHA website, there aren't any Therapeutic Centers affiliated with NARHA within 3 or so hours....anybody got leads on those types of centers?

Thank for your help-

Erica

Shagyas Rock
Apr. 8, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hi, I am new to the COTH forums, but I live in Sioux City and take dressage lessons, and am a member of the Iowa Dressage and Combined Training Association. There is another association called the Eastern Iowa Dressage and Eventing Assn but those members live mostly in the eastern part of the state.
The IAC&CT is a wonderful organization. If you are interested they have a website (you an google it, it comes right up)
There are dressage shows all over Iowa which is part of Region 4, along with S.Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and Minnesota. The sport is alive and well here in Iowa. Welcome!

mjhco
Apr. 8, 2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Official-Iowa-Dressage-Combined-Training-Association/106213509463670