PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Minnesota

dressage fan
Mar. 22, 2010, 01:57 PM
I may be moving to the Minneapolis area. Does any know of any good dressage instructors there? I currently ride second level, training for third level. Thanks for your help.

Twigster
Mar. 22, 2010, 02:57 PM
I know a couple in the northern suburbs who are great, if you PM me I'll send you their contact info.

also the central states dressage and eventing website is a good resource for the area... www.csdea.org

Dressage_Julie
Mar. 22, 2010, 04:28 PM
Alison Sader Larson is a great person to ride with!
http://larsonsaderdressage.com/index.htm

Dressage.For.Life.
Mar. 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
I was going to recommend checking out Sleipner Stables as well. I visited last summer and although I didn't meet Alison (GP rider and Olympic hopeful), I did meet her husband (who's also an equine vet), Ken. If I remember correctly, her husband also teaches.

The couple has a lovely facility (many stalls, indoor, large dressage arena outside, pasture, jumps, lunging area, etc.) and are nice people. They do not have any lesson horses, but board is reasonable ($675 maybe? it was under $700 last I knew) as it's about 35 minutes from the Twin Cities.

bort84
Mar. 23, 2010, 12:12 PM
My trainer rides with Bill Solyntjes and I've ridden in his clinics. I really like his style and he works well with intro riders to FEI. His barn is outside of Minneapolis (my sister lives there, brr!)

http://www.brandywinefarm.com/index.htm

It's not a super informative website, but Bill is a respected S judge and has a pretty solid staff for when he's gone to shows and clinics. I'd give them a look if you think they're close enough for you. I haven't actually been to his facilities, but from what I hear, they're pretty nice (heated indoor, so necessary!) and they hold outside clinics there with some frequency.

dressage fan
Mar. 24, 2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks so much. It's nice to know there are some possibilities if I move there.

dressage fan
Mar. 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Wow. I just spent the afternoon googleing and researching the info you gave me. I'll be in Minneapolis next week interviewing so we'll see what happens next. I'll be back in touch when I know more. Thanks!!!