PDA

View Full Version : My New Blog for a rescued Dressage horse!!

FSPBeth
Mar. 15, 2010, 10:16 PM
Hope this is ok to post! I rescued a OTTB the other day, and she is a Dressage horse. I have collected over $500 in donations towards her care to get her up to weight and back under saddle!! I am just so thrilled for this mare!! Please check out my blog, I am using it to find her a great home. Any questions, please ask!

http://bankersheiress.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!!

SGray
Mar. 16, 2010, 09:31 AM
requests for donations are restricted to 501.c.3 organizations

FSPBeth
Mar. 16, 2010, 11:34 AM
well...the blog asks for them, i am not on here asking for any, and I am just sharing my joy and excitement for the horse, its been a blessing in the past 36 hours of all the good news we have had!

I am more hoping to share the experience, to encourage more people to help out horses in need.

-Beth

baylady7
Mar. 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
I know at least one poster who has violated this- I sent them donations THEN they said they had not finished their paperwork thus could not give me a tax letter. RRRRRRRR

Megsabelle
Mar. 16, 2010, 02:57 PM
Ha! Brad is my farrier too! LOVE him! He takes good care of my own dressage TB mare! Best of luck!

SGray
Mar. 16, 2010, 03:47 PM
it is great that you are assisting a horse in need

but whenever asking for donations you should make it clear that you are not a charitable organization - simply an individual helping a horse

and I just wanted to make sure that you knew that the rules of this board are that you cannot solicit for funds here

good luck with the mare

JSwan
Mar. 16, 2010, 04:00 PM
Seriously?

You took this FREE horse and don't have money for shots and feed and you expect perfect strangers to pay for your new project/hobby?

Is there a full moon or something?

DiablosHalo
Mar. 16, 2010, 04:01 PM
I have a sireside half brother of your mare. You should have fun with her! goodluck!

TimelyImpulse
Mar. 16, 2010, 04:33 PM
Wowza.

So you can't even afford a coggins/shots/feed for this horse without begging strangers for money? What happens if she gets sick or injured before you place her in a home?

:eek:

betonbill
Mar. 16, 2010, 04:44 PM
Well, call me stupid, but since when does a "hunters bump" not make a horse suitable for jumping? Or maybe we are dealing with two different ideas of what a "hunters bump" is?

Nojacketrequired
Mar. 16, 2010, 05:06 PM
I understand the sentiment, but it seems you took responsibilty for a horse you cannot afford.

Very interesting use of the word "rescue".

I cetainly hope she is well advertised somewhere already, and for a very reasonable price so that she is no longer in this minute to minute situation.

A Hunters Bump should not preclude jumping, normally. Ask the vet whenhe/she comes out.

Best of luck with your find raising.

NJR