PDA

View Full Version : East San Diego trainers?

carrie_girl
Mar. 15, 2010, 05:32 PM
I know this is kind of a long shot as it seems that most people who frequent this board are East Coasters, but does anyone have any recs for a dressage trainer who is willing to travel to East San Diego county (not too far-- Rancho San Diego area) once a month? I am having the hardest time finding someone willing to do this. There are at least 3 of us (possibly more) at my barn who would love to take a lesson once a month. Two of us actually ride low level dressage-- 1st and 2nd level. One person is a convert and I am willing to bet that more would follow suit if there was a trainer who came regularly. Anyone have suggestions?

TheHorseProblem
Mar. 15, 2010, 08:31 PM
Try Jody Ambrose. She has a web page and Facebook. She might know someone if she can't do it herself.

Mar. 16, 2010, 10:42 AM
Try Robin Garrett: http://www.rgdressage.com/
She's based out of the San Marcos area, and travels up to the Fallbrook area as well.

carrie_girl
Mar. 16, 2010, 10:52 AM
Try Robin Garrett: http://www.rgdressage.com/
She's based out of the San Marcos area, and travels up to the Fallbrook area as well.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming, but Rancho San Diego is at least an hour south of San Marcos/Fallbrook.

In San Diego we have a wealth of dressage trainers, but they all seem to be focused in North County, and not many are willing to travel.

aspafan
Mar. 16, 2010, 10:30 PM
try David Blake. I think his web address is www.davidblakedressage.com. I know he travels to Illinois to teach a handful of women several times a year; you're much closer, perhaps he'd come your way.:)

greenwave
Mar. 17, 2010, 02:51 PM
David travels to Texas too, so I imagine East San Diego wouldn't bee too far; you might however need to round up a few more riders to make it worth his while.

Would management at your facility allow additional, haul-in students?

FancyFree
Mar. 17, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'm nextdoor to him. I see him riding all the time. He seems to be a very nice rider, also quite easy on the eyes.

I think the first time I caught a glimpse of him, I thought "OMG who is that totally hot man riding a horse?!?" (We have no men at our barn.)

:lol:

carrie_girl
Mar. 17, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hmmmm... hot is always an added bonus! Yes, our barn allows haul-ins. Thanks for the info!