PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Horse Firenze dress boot

Rabbit351w
Mar. 15, 2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.doversaddlery.com/mountain-horse-firenze-zip-dress-boot/p/X1-38855/cn/4958/

Has anyone seen these in person? They are under new products on Dover's site, they look decent considering the small price tag, just wondering what they look/feel like in person. The images on Mountain Horse's site do not look as nice...

fizzyfuzzybuzzy
Mar. 16, 2010, 10:26 AM
They look just like my boots (their dress boot that has the slender sole, I think the Sportage II) and are in the same price range. Only thing that looks different is the toe is round vs square. I LOVE my MH boots, very comfy, with little breakdown, although I only wear them once a week at the moment for my lessons.

PennyChrome
Mar. 22, 2010, 01:24 PM
I just ordered a pair through Dover. I like the more traditional dress look a bit more, the swagger tabs with the logo on these are a little tacky, but I was shopping for a <$200 dress boot that is COMFORTABLE and DURABLE and I know Mountain Horse has a good reputation for both so I'm giving them a whirl. I'll let you know how they are when they arrive!

duecavalle
May. 23, 2010, 11:53 AM
PennyChrome, how are your boots?

do they run true to size or small? Feedback on Dover's site seems to infer that they run small, I'm hoping this is true since I wear a size 5.

for others who might be interested in the boots but don't like the swagger tab: the swagger tab on Dover's website was a mistake (presumably made by the art department). I called about it earlier this week because I noticed in shopping around on other websites that it wasn't there. If you look at their site now, the boot is depicted minus the swagger tab. :)

LARGEBORE
May. 25, 2010, 07:35 AM
They look pretty nice to me on their site

http://www.mountainhorseusa.net/spring_firenze_dress_boot.html

n2dressage
May. 25, 2010, 09:23 AM
I have nearly all the MH dress boots except the Firenze. I wear an 8 in Ariat but a 7 in MH. All mine are very comfy. I just ordered some dressage boots though so need to consolidate. The only thing I don't like is the back zipper because it has to be replaced often due to wear. Got inside front zippers on my new Cavallos. :)

atouchofclass
May. 25, 2010, 09:55 AM
I have had way more problems with Ariat zips..

Liz
May. 25, 2010, 01:30 PM
I have a pair of their boots and I like them, they just do not shine up for showing. Do these boots have more of a shine?

Carol O
May. 25, 2010, 01:40 PM
They look just like my boots (their dress boot that has the slender sole, I think the Sportage II) and are in the same price range. Only thing that looks different is the toe is round vs square. I LOVE my MH boots, very comfy, with little breakdown, although I only wear them once a week at the moment for my lessons.

Which has the more square toe? I prefer that.

n2dressage
May. 25, 2010, 01:55 PM
Square toe is on the Classic Dress. Also has a high spanish top. My zipper problems I don't think are at the fault of Mountain Horse but boots with use and the zippers being in the back which I've decided is a bad location for zippers.