PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Challenge of the Americas Quadrille - First Place Team!

Mike Matson
Mar. 15, 2010, 08:45 AM
Challenge of the Americas Grand Prix Quadrille Competition for Breast Cancer at the International Polo Club in Wellington Florida 13 March 2010. First place to 'Team International' made up of riders from 6 different nations. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn7qn2zcyV0

Curb Appeal
Mar. 15, 2010, 09:16 AM
I was there Saturday night. Team USA's Michael Jackson themed ride was entertaining, but Team International had the best choreography and rides. They all put on a good show for a great cause.

Heit
Mar. 16, 2010, 07:56 AM
I was there too, and WOW what a night. I agree the Americans were very good, and fun theme. BUT the international team had such a technical and amazing pattern. The international team also had the WOW factor and the POP with the horses. Here is a link to a press release that came out today with the list of everyone who participated and the details about the winners and the music.

http://phelpsmediagroup.com/viewarticle.php?id=4877

ParadoxFarm
Mar. 16, 2010, 01:02 PM
That was awesome to watch. I do ride dressage, but I'm on a western drill team. I wish we had an ounce of the control of the gaits that these guys have! Fun to watch.

ShannonLee
Mar. 16, 2010, 08:40 PM
It is a great night and a great cause! Next year if you are any where near Wellington make it a must see! Super fun all around.

Heit
Mar. 17, 2010, 04:44 PM
I agree. Thanks mike for posting the video. I think i heard the announcer say they raised over 1.2 million COTA over the last years. Its inspiring to see that so many people went (and paid) to watch this event. go COTA.

horsegalriding
Mar. 17, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hi Mike. This is a great routine. I did notice that the team used the same canter music - Shakira's Obsession Tango that my horse, Teodoro's Hechizo, with Julie Madriguera riding, used when they won your "In Search of America's Next Dancing Dressage Star" in 2008.

Are you going to have the contest this year? I saw that you did not have it last year for lack of interest.

Come on People! If Mike has the contest this year be sure you get your videos in. We won $1,000.00!

up-at-5
Mar. 17, 2010, 05:47 PM
I just watched the video of the winning team on Ruth Poulsens site..wow...amazing!!!