PDA

View Full Version : Video: Aktion with Gyula Dallos

Mike Matson
Mar. 14, 2010, 12:33 AM
After reading this report about Aktion and Gyula Dallos,

http://www.eurodressage.com/reports/interview/oldies/aktion.html (http://www.eurodressage.com/reports/interview/oldies/aktion.html)

I went searching and found this video compilation of the pair which was just posted last month. Sit back and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMwCGKt4oIU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMwCGKt4oIU)

I remember seeing this pair at the 1995 World Cup in Los Angeles. Gyula did much of the warmup with no stirrups!

horsefaerie
Mar. 14, 2010, 04:57 AM
He was my favorite! I have never seen anything better as he loved competing and it showed.

Classical DQ
Mar. 14, 2010, 11:48 AM
Thank you for posting this link. I remember Aktion and have ridden with Gyula. The pair were incredible and Gyula is a fabulous, sensitive trainer. He truly represents classical masters in both his knowledge of horsemanship and his personal integrity.

Strictly Classical
Mar. 14, 2010, 08:58 PM
I love this horse - oh if only he was still with us. He and Gyula made an incredible pair!

Mardi
Mar. 15, 2010, 11:51 AM
Thank you for posting the video. It was great to see them again.

I also remember watching them in LA in 1995...they were one of the few pairs that really had chemistry.

pintopiaffe
Mar. 22, 2010, 08:03 PM
Am I misremembering?

Wasn't Dallos a police officer? Military officer?

Who am I confusing him with then... I thought for it was Aktion that I adored under a uniformed rider... :confused:

Classical DQ
Mar. 22, 2010, 09:01 PM
I think you have confused him with Klaus Balkenhol. Klaus was a police officer.

Kyzteke
Mar. 23, 2010, 01:02 AM
Mike -- thanks so much for posting this video. I have the LA World Cup on tape and it was one of the first dressge competitions I saw as an adult. Didn't know who was who, but some guy on a big bay horse (Reiner Klimke) and Dallos on his wonderful Aktion just blew me away. What amazing teams they were!

I was absolutely dumbfounded when AVG was placed above them both. Just couldn't figure out what the heck those judges were smoking.

Still can't, for that matter.

Amazing horse, and his GP career spanned pretty darn close to a decade.

I read somewhere that Dallos was/is entirely self-taught as a rider. Could that be true?

alexandra
Mar. 26, 2010, 04:50 PM
Ouh I loved him and have seen him a few times live. Thanks ! Amazing that these old things appear on the internet.

alexandra
Mar. 26, 2010, 05:00 PM
What a piaff, under behind, uphill !

pintopiaffe
Mar. 26, 2010, 09:44 PM
Ahhh... another Klimke/Dallos fan.

I am perhaps confusing riders.

Never the horse. Aktion was up there with Chronos, in my mind, as "It."

Larry Poulin had a brother to Aktion for a while, I had such hopes of breeding to him... alas, he was gelded. :cry:

EasyStreet
Mar. 27, 2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks for posting. The article was great too. I have the 94 VWC video and Aktion and Gyula had the crowds on their feet!:yes::yes::yes:

EasyStreet
Mar. 27, 2010, 10:16 AM
Mike -- thanks so much for posting this video. I have the LA World Cup on tape and it was one of the first dressge competitions I saw as an adult. Didn't know who was who, but some guy on a big bay horse (Reiner Klimke) and Dallos on his wonderful Aktion just blew me away. What amazing teams they were!

I was absolutely dumbfounded when AVG was placed above them both. Just couldn't figure out what the heck those judges were smoking.

Still can't, for that matter.

Amazing horse, and his GP career spanned pretty darn close to a decade.

I read somewhere that Dallos was/is entirely self-taught as a rider. Could that be true?
If you are speaking of Dr Klimkes' (at the time) 9yo Trakehner, BioTop...he is my all time favorite!!!! Stunningly beautiful. He appeared to me to be one of the few that showed NO tightness in the neck and jaw....and so very expressive! And if it is so that Gyula is self taught then he has a God given gift!!!!