PDA

View Full Version : Where to find "NIce" brand dressage saddle??

shalomypony
Mar. 13, 2010, 07:18 PM
I found my friend an amazing Verhan,but ......get this.....she want s a "Nice" dressage saddle.She rode in one a couple of times and preferrs it to her older County and doesn't even want to try the Verhan.That's okay,I bought the Verhan dirt cheap and love it.But don't know where to point her for a "Nice"!

3Hanns
Mar. 13, 2010, 08:03 PM
http://www.fine-used-saddles.com/

shalomypony
Mar. 13, 2010, 08:14 PM
That's a great site thank you and I'll save that for me.But what she wants is the brand "Nice"saddle....it's a low end saddle and I can't find any.

Denali
Mar. 13, 2010, 08:47 PM
I just sold a "Nice" Carol Lavell that I had bought at a good price for starting young horses, just because it was reasonable and wide tree. I googled the name of mine and did find a site or two that had them listed used to get an idea of how to price mine... so maybe start with google? It's been at least 3 months since I did my search, and so it may not turn up anything now. They seem to be few and far between. I think I bought mine originally from Trumbull Mtn ? It was years ago.

Good luck!

butlerfamilyzoo
Mar. 13, 2010, 08:49 PM
they come up on ebay once in a blue moon. have to say, i owned one, that sucker was TERRIBLE quality. It was an all purpose, i did have a friend with a dressage one and it was better... Cant say i prefer it over some better quality stuff though. Most of them are getting so old they are dying, they are not made anymore.

NJRider
Mar. 13, 2010, 08:50 PM
Nice Saddlery used to be from Eisers but when they went out, it became Henri de Rivel. They are a mid priced saddle sold by Stateline and other tack shops.

shalomypony
Mar. 13, 2010, 10:14 PM
Oh,good info!I had no idea they are now HDR.I personally agree that they are poor quality....I also don't care for the HDR's.I've had the pro dressage and the paris out on trial just for curiosity sake and was not pleased with either one.I don't know why she insists on finding just this saddle(Nice).I truly tried to explain how much better the Verhan or any upper end used saddle would be.She's a beginner and is thick headed.I do very much appreciate all of your help.I will pass it on to her.

NJRider
Mar. 13, 2010, 10:17 PM
There are probably some used "Nice" brand saddles out there from Eisers, but probably hard to find. But at least you know to look for HDR's now! It is HARD to google "Nice Dressage Saddle", all you get are nice ones, not Nice ones! :)

shalomypony
Mar. 13, 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeh....it sure is hard googling nice saddles,ha!ha!Thanks so much for your help!